Author Topic: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #27  (Read 29181 times)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #27: SCSD1
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2012, 06:19:57 AM »
(2007 CNAoS cue)(applause)

If you would like to see The Price is Right in person, head to www.priceisright.com for ticket information!  Now, here's goldroadfanatic with our showcase showdown!

Thank you, George!  I have cornelius, 03F5man, and wildbill0962 ready to spin the big wheel, and one of them will win his way into the fabulous showcases.  I hope one, or even all three of our contestants here win as much as $26,000 in bonus money, should the score a dollar in one spin or a combination of two spins, and score the dollar again in the bonus spin.  cornelius, you'll spin first; good luck!

Spinning Order:
cornelius
03F5man
wildbill0962

(Please submit two numbers from 1 to 20, along with the lowest score you'll stand on if you get it in spin #1)
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline 03F5man

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #27: PG3
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2012, 07:18:35 AM »
2 and 12 stay on 85

Offline cornelius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2012, 09:47:03 AM »
6 and 12, please
Remember. Help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutured!

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2012, 10:05:03 AM »
6 and 2
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline cornelius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2012, 10:19:37 AM »
6 and 12, please

The number I'll stop on is 65 or above.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2012, 02:09:25 PM »
Actually, before we begin, I made a mistake on the spinning order.  On my shows, whoever wins the item up for bids keeps it, so Gameshowboy92 won the third item up for bid, leaving 03F5man with a lower score ($0) than cornelius ($1,216).  So, 03F5man will spin first.

(beeps)

Here goes the first spin of the first showcase showdown, and it appears that 03F5man's first spin will net him…

(beep)

Sixty cents; a dodgy number, 03.  What will you do?

03F5man: I'll spin again.

Go right ahead, 03.

(beeps)

What will we add to that 60 cents?  It looks like it will be too much money…

(beep)

MRRRRRRRRP(applause)

Thank you for being on the show, 03F5man.  Next up is cornelius; give it a big spin!

(beeps)

cornelius wants to make up for his painful loss in Cliff Hangers, and he did not do it with one spin…

(beep)

Sixty cents, will you stay or spin?

cornelius: I'll spin.

(beeps)

Now, if cornelius goes over, wildbill, you're automatically in the showcase.  What will we add to cornelius's 60 cents?  How about that 30, come on down!

(beep)

MRRRRRRRP(applause)

Oh, cornelius has had nothing but misfortune on our show!  But hanks for being a part of our festivities, cornelius.  Now wildbill, you are automatically in the showcase!

(cheers and applause)

You have one spin to see if you can score a dollar or not; good luck!

(beeps)

wildbill is searching for that dollar and here it comes!  Here it comes!

(beep)

Oh, so close! 

(applause)(Dig We Must 2007)

But wildbill, you have earned a spot in the showcase at the end of the show, and we'll see who will join you later on; don't miss it!
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #27: IUFB4
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2012, 02:30:04 PM »
George, this time I need two names down here!

Sure thing, how about thepriceis_J and cu2010, come on down!  You two are the next contestants on The Price is Right!

(applause)(Walking 2007)

thepriceis_J and cu2010 have come down to Contestants' Row, both are ready to do some winning.  We're glad to have both of you on our show, and I would like all four of you to see the next item up for bids!

(Clam opens)(Bhen)

It's an elegant baker's rack!

(applause)(Dian models it)

Market Square's Alma baker's rack combines ornate scrolling details and rich finishes that are sure to magically transform the beauty of your dining environment. The scrolling ornate tubular metal table base and chairs feature a rich bronze color powder coat finish beautifully complemented by the inlaid veneer table top and accents bathed in a dark brown finish!

I'd like to have your bid on that thepriceis_J.

Bidding Order:
thepriceis_J
cu2010
Hag

Offline cornelius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2012, 02:34:35 PM »
I made my choice because I assumed that I was gonna be the first one to spin. Oh well. It was fun being on your show, and despite me not winning, I had a lot of fun.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2012, 02:41:03 PM »
$1220
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2012, 06:40:49 PM »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2012, 07:34:55 PM »
$3, please.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2012, 07:37:08 PM »
$925.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #27: PG4
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2012, 08:59:20 PM »

I've had $1 bids, $2 bids, but never a $3 bid; thanks, 123123123.

(laughter)

As it turns out, the actual retail price of the baker's rack is $629!, 123's three dollar bid did it!

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING

(applause)(Walking 2007)

Right up here beside me, 123.  How are you doing?  I want you to walk off this stage a winner, and have these prizes to show for it!

(door #3 opens)(Cue 200A)

A lovely armoire and a new steam shower!

(applause)

A rich traditional design and exquisite details come together to create the ultimate grand style of the New Haven armoire from Ashley Furniture's Signature Series. The opulent brown color flows beautifully over the decorative pilasters and ornate detailed appliques to create a rich elegant atmosphere to any home environment. With a serpentine shaped design and inlay stone veneer tops, this furniture collection takes traditional style to the next level!

(Janice models it)

Second, the White Ariel Platinum DZ959F8-W Steam Shower from Eago is a new design style of one of the most popular shower spas. Considered one of the best choices for a one person steam shower, the all new White style of the DZ959F8 still includes all of the most popular features plus a more modern White style!

(Kathleen models it)

123123123 is the first contestant on this forum to play Double Cross!  Somewhere on the green line are the four numbers in the price of the armoire, and somewhere on the yellow line are the four numbers in the price of the steam shower, 123123123.  I'll tell you right now that both prices intersect at the number five in the middle.

What you must do is highlight the correct prices of both prizes to win.  But the trick is, when you move one of the highlighters, the other one moves with it.  For example, if you move the green highlighter down one step, the yellow one moves down one step as well.  So, if you can highlight one of the correct prices, you'll automatically have the other price correct, and win both prizes.  Step over there and double cross the prices!

(Double Cross Think Music)

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2012, 05:18:15 AM »
Watch out, $3 is going to become the new $1, I just know it  :-)

I think I am going to leave them where they are for prices of $1,235 and $5,597 for the armoire and steam shower, respectively

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2012, 08:09:09 AM »
Goldie, I'll be out starting this afternoon until late Sunday evening; if called down, do as you wish.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!