Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 12/11/2012  (Read 12800 times)

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
Re: TPiR Recap - 12/11/2012
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 05:55:25 PM »
An absolutely unexcusable show. I really haven't seen a show this blatantly set up for 0/6 in a long time - maybe 4/15/11? (and yes, I remember the dates of these type shows). I guess the good news is we've seen later tapings that were at least a little better than this, but still, these were the most vicious setups on the whole I've seen in any show since the Greco era today. It's bad when the car games are both standardly set up and they turn out to be the easiest games of the day. Grand was never going to be won with the yams over and Aunt Jemima waffles somehow under, Magic was never going to be won with a lower bound of 3000, and SBS especially was never going to be won with a random 9762 Cabo trip (that game's been getting really cruel lately. And evidently these Livingsocial trips are not sponsored, or they wouldn't want them lost as blatantly as that). OWP wasn't quite AS bad as those three, but that range was still screaming to be picked. And then the showcases have a combined ARP of 76000, because that makes sense. Maybe one thing is affecting the other here? Just saying.

I wish I could say Drew redeemed this show, but I feel he even sensed what was going on and started to fool around a bit in 5PT, etc. Drew is a lot like you or me in reaction to these type shows. Anyways, I'm really going to hope this was just a 1-day thing and we're "back on track" now. This show brought back bad memories. #TPIRepicfailure

Timings:
One Wrong Price (3.5) - 3:33
Any Number (5) - 4:08
Grand Game (5) - 4:05
Side By Side (3.5) - 3:16
5 Price Tags (5.5) - 6:05
Magic # (4.5) - 4:18
Total (27): 25:25
At least, today's Let's Make A Deal was a lot better.

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 06:22:36 PM »
Lineup:
One wrong price - L
Any number - L
Grand Game - L
Side by side - L
5 price tags - L
Magic number - Le Pew!!! Skunked!!!
A terrible show today. Our 2nd skunking for season 41.
No, our first.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 06:29:53 PM »
... I have nothing to say on the show itself.

is winning $10 in Grand Game considered a draw?
It is a partial win. From the FAQ...

Grand Game: Win $10, $100, or $1,000 (or $20, $200, or $2,000 on Salutes and MDSs). Winning $1 is considered a loss, as it requires making a mistake right off the bat.

How weird that they throw an Eos in the showcase and make it a big one for no reason. How about we save the budget for the rest of the show[?]
Playing the role of Mike Richards today...Michael Scott:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:32:18 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 06:50:54 PM »
Recap up.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 08:25:37 PM »
It's easy and fine to argue about the $10 in Grand Game and that preventing a skunk, but Any Number's middle prize being won definitively proves that it is a Winless Show, not a skunking.
Just to let you know winless shows and skunkings are the same thing.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline TheTechSGT

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 08:36:35 PM »
Just to let you know winless shows and skunkings are the same thing.

Carlos has asked you, and now I'm asking you--stop.  It's beyond tiresome reading this drivel day after day from you.

A winless show is not a skunking.  A skunking is when nothing besides the IUFBs are won, period.  A show is "winless" when the player walks away from a game with something other than the top prize, but not empty-handed--i.e. in Any Number, winning the smaller prize--but no games are won outright.

*Sigh* I know people have already told you why you're wrong (and it's not like you haven't been told this numerous times already), but in the future, can you please stop this drivel? I must say, I'm getting really tired of seeing you post something along these lines every single time a show has only one pricing game won, when most of the time, it's turned out not to be the case.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 08:43:01 PM by TheTechSGT »

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2012, 08:42:26 PM »
A skunking is when nothing besides the IUFBs are won, period.

Sorry to nitpick, but, no, that's an El Skunko, you describe since that statement tends to imply a double overbid in the Showcases, as well. A skunking has only the IUFBs won but also either one, two, or four showcases won. A winless show is as you describe, however.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline TheTechSGT

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 08:59:27 PM »
Sorry to nitpick, but...

Neither important nor relevant to the point I was making.  The only part that matters is:

A winless show is as you describe...

Sorry to nitpick, but, no, that's an El Skunko, you describe since that statement tends to imply a double overbid in the Showcases, as well. A skunking has only the IUFBs won but also either one, two, or four showcases won. A winless show is as you describe, however.

One, two, or four showcases won?  Forgive me but this nullifies your credibility.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 09:03:21 PM by TheTechSGT »

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2012, 09:09:36 PM »
If both players in the Showcase round happen to tie, they each win their respective Showcase. If both happen to have the same difference and it's within $250 of their respective ARPs, they both win both Showcases. Hence four Showcases being won...even though it's really just two being won twice. :)
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2012, 09:13:46 PM »
Yes, four, probably not clear writing on my end. It's basically 2 showcases doubled; same difference away for both players, both are under $250 away from the ARP. I realize the odds of that are astronomical, but there's a greater chance than zero it happens, so I figured it had to be accounted for. In other words, what cu said more eloquently.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline TheTechSGT

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2012, 09:17:35 PM »
Since we had a discussion in Front Office about people nitpicking simply to be right, I'm not going to argue with you.  I'm simply going to point out:

[T]hey both win both Showcases. Hence four Showcases being won...even though it's really just two being won twice. :)

"Two being won twice" doesn't equal "four showcases."  It's "two showcases being won twice."  "Four showcases" implies four distinct sets of prizes.

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2012, 09:28:01 PM »
Figures that the one thing the producers can't control at all (the Wheel) is the only thing that spat out a decent amount of money today.  :P

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 02:57:56 AM »
I'm surprised everyone was so down on this show.  Yes, some of the setups were pretty bizarre (especially Magic #, which was unwinnable for any reasonable person), but Drew still managed to keep everything moving, and he never got too badly over-the-top in Five Price Tags.  Honestly, he managed to salvage the episode, and that's not something I get to say about him very often.

Others may varying opinions, but I would only consider taking $1,000 a draw.

And you would be wrong.  Winning $10, $100, or $1,000 in Grand Game is a partial...and that's a fact, not an opinion.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Banker13

• Outside in Line
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 10:29:12 AM »
I thought Magic # was fairly easy today, though naturally nowhere near as easy as the last few playing. It would have been very close, but I would have guessed a bit above $3,000, considering how rarely grills are below that from what I've seen. And I'm only a very recent fan of the show, so I don't have the encyclopedic knowledge of the show some of you seem to have. 

Same with both One Wrong Price and 5 Price Tags (I would have had three guesses and won on the second go). Also, I thought getting $1,000 on Grand Game would have been fairly easy today. A bit of a crapshoot for the $10,000, but the candy bar, pizza sauce, and waffles all seemed fairly obvious to me.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 10:32:57 AM by Banker13 »

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 10:58:06 AM »
I've said this before, but not everyone primarily hawks Drew's performance as the primary factor of enjoyment, Steve.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...