Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 1/11/2013  (Read 9916 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 1/11/2013
« on: January 11, 2013, 01:13:06 PM »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: TPiR Recap - 1/11/2013
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 01:22:14 PM »
Balance for a car was a surprise...so was the price of the car.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 01:27:52 PM »
Well, I think was mostly for FPG but that first half was brilliant. I've been waiting for an MP 1st for awhile, and they made Bonkers and Balance BACK-TO-BACK work, which for me I never really liked the thought of as they're both regular 1-prize going nowhere games. Even better, they let the car be favorable in Balance itself.

The second half was kinda blah, nice Plinko win, but god please Pass the Buck will still be lost often if it's not wiped out, Mike Richards.

I don't mind setting up for a DOB, but on a Friday?
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 01:43:20 PM »
Best show of the week. The lineup had me wanting to dance in the streets - finally a 4-prize game 1st! :) More of these please Adam (and on other weekdays besides Friday), and can we get Move first too? That was great to see Danger there today, and it's not as if it was set up overly hard either, it just had the wrong gender contestant play it.  Throw in Balance for a car for the first time in eons, and set up for a win, and it was a nice first half full of surprises. The second half was a bit more standard, with Buck's setup being a downer. They've figured out how to set up everything else and vary the difficulty; they just need to stop being so neurotic on the GP/car games now. I suppose the cheapo showcases were to make up for the Balance W setup, which is a good changeup every once in awhile. Fun show - Kameron was entertaining too, even if she kind of lucked into winning Bonkers :)

Timings:
Danger Price (4.5) - 3:45
Bonkers (4.5) - 4:03
Balance Game (4) - 4:48
Push Over (4) - 3:16
Pass The Buck (5.5) - 4:38
Plinko (5.5) - 5:29
Total (28): 25:59

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 01:43:35 PM »
An interesting note that I mentioned in chat, not sure if it got noticed or not. Kameron was a contestant search winner, not sure of the city.

To Wayo's point, I don't know about that. I get what you're saying about people not picking end points, but there's always the chance that someone's favorite number could be 1 or 6.

This line up was win on so many matters to people who pay particular attention to them. First of all, not going the common route on car games was nice, in both cases. (Roger, has Balance for a car ever happened?) Second, I think Plinko last was a nice touch not only for the audience at home who needed a good pick-me-up, but also for us because I think not everyone suspected a cash game last. Danger Price always adds a nice touch to things too. Shame about the showcases, I think we possibly could figure out why when we have the earlier "weeks" aired.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 01:47:17 PM »
Even on two picks at least half of contestants playing would avoid 1 & 6, just look at Scorpz sometime...
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 02:06:23 PM »
Danger is probably the best MP that works 1st. Good to see it there.

That was an absolutely excellent playing of Bonkers. When you don't know how much the prize is, that is how you play it. No repeats. No look backs. Just straight back and forth. Absolutely excellent.

Color me a gobsmacked goober with Balance Game for a car. That...was completely unexpected. Nice that the audience wasn't fooled by the  slightly cheap car.

Buck! Yes! Let's get that on a good rotation now. It might be too much to ask, but I hope Buck shows up in the 6180s or 6220s. Now I know this might be pushing it, but can we at least setup for two picks instead of one? Like maybe have 1.99 Pasta Sauce at .99 and make it obvious for one pick. Just one. Please. Especially if you aren't going to play it often.

And a 4th casher to close. Well shut my mouth. This turned out to be a fun playing of Plinko. I love how his dad was directing him where to put that last chip and how it worked. That was great.

An absolutely great lineup with wonderful surprises. What a show.

Although, what was up with the bidding in the row for the 1st half. That was kind of screwy. I mean really, $52 and $75 as starting bids? Folks...this is The Price is Right, not the beach section at Wal-Mart or the watches in a prize grabber. Come on now.

Danger Price is first
While Bonkers has an energy burst
Balance for a car provided shock
While Buck was there to block
And that DOB was seemingly rehearsed.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:09:09 PM by thepriceis_J »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 02:11:21 PM »
If you want to set up a good budget-quality episode, that's how you set one up, folks.

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 02:55:12 PM »
a sonnet in iambic tetrameter

Man, FPG was so much fun
My favorite part of Balance Game
Was just how long it took to play
Drew took his time with building up
The tension necessary for
A non-car game played for a car
But really, what a show this was!
With Danger Price - yes, Danger Price -
It's slotting shocked the whole dang chat
But nothing quite compares to just
How interesting Balance was
Alas, I could have telegraphed
That Double Overbid from one
Or two light years away; a shame
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 04:05:04 PM »
Balance Game for a car is fun,
Kameron kept at Bonkers until it was won.
The Showcase players wanted to roll in clover,
But you can't roll in double over.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 04:15:01 PM »
Terrific Bonkers!
Pass The Buck was hard again...
Balance For a Car!
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 04:29:34 PM »
Danger Price was wiped out but at least Bonkers, Balance game, and pushover were won. Pass the buck also could've been won easily. Plinko wasn't gonna be fully won today and a coincidence is that a contestant that lost his game spun after the person that won her game on the big wheel showcase showdown and the person that lost plinko is the top winner while the person that won her game was the runner up. That usually don't happen but sometimes it does.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline Snuffleupagus

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 04:33:13 PM »
... a coincidence is that a contestant that lost his game spun after the person that won her game on the big wheel showcase showdown and the person that lost plinko is the top winner while the person that won her game was the runner up. That usually don't happen but sometimes it does.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 05:00:48 PM »
Like maybe have 1.99 Pasta Sauce at .99 and make it obvious for one pick. Just one. Please. Especially if you aren't going to play it often.

If you're paying two bucks for a liter of pop, I've got...uh...a lot of pop to sell you.

(Then again, if they really wanted to make it obvious, they could have set the flour price to $3.59 and the pop's price to -$0.01.)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 05:34:32 PM »
That was an absolutely excellent playing of Bonkers. When you don't know how much the prize is, that is how you play it. No repeats. No look backs. Just straight back and forth. Absolutely excellent.
Agreed. Suspenseful and fun to watch.

Buck! Yes!
Yes indeed! Only one pick? Nooo! I couldn't believe the contestant and others thought that bottle of Coke was $1.99.
Now on Monday's show: Bonus Game. (A guy can hope. :))

Although, what was up with the bidding in the row for the 1st half. That was kind of screwy. I mean really, $52 and $75 as starting bids? Folks...this is The Price is Right, not the beach section at Wal-Mart or the watches in a prize grabber. Come on now.
I would be absolutely flabbergasted if the price of any watch offered up for bids in contestants row was $75.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.