Author Topic: FPG Standings, END OF REGULAR SEASON  (Read 2008 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
FPG Standings, END OF REGULAR SEASON
« on: May 10, 2013, 04:27:17 PM »
Over 27,000 points and over $100,000,000 in cash were handed out to 35 players this season.

But now it's time for the best of the best to put it all on the line for the coveted 2013 Goodson-Dobkowitz Cup.

Let's see who's coming along!

The 8 players with the highest combined points from this season automatically qualify.  They are:

vadernader (#1)
Kev347 (#2)
Punchboard91 (#3)
Wayoshi (#4)
Flerbert419 (#5)
ShatterMySoul99 (#6)
OneBidTris (#7)
thepriceis_J (#8)

Of the remaining players, the 8 with the highest combined cash from this season also automatically qualify.  They are:

BRB_TheFireball (#8) -- I was 9th in points, but my big finish this week allowed me to pass thepriceis_J for 8th in cash.  Not bad for my debut season as host!
Teddy (#10)
SteveGavazzi (#11)
Hag (#12)
sideshowPA (#13)
123123123 (#14)
Roadgeek Adam (#15)
DJTorgo (#16)

There were also a number of wild card slots available if you couldn't get into the top spots in points and cash.  One way was to play at least 17 of the 21 sanctioned FPGs in the 2012-13 season, regardless of how you actually performed in the game itself.  And we have three players who met that requirement, so they will be joining us next week.  They are:

88JRFAN (19 games)
Chad1787 (17 games)
UniquePerspective (17 games)

The semi-finalists from last year's GDC are also eligible to compete next week.  Most of them have already qualified on their own merits, but three of them didn't play a single game this season.  Nonetheless, they will be in the field next week.  They are:

namnhu12
Plinkoman
Scorpz

Our beloved moderators and FPG veterans FPGWillyT and ClockGameJohn will be in the field because they've pretty much earned a permanent right to be there.

And finally... Rogerdob, MSTieScott, and TPIRScott are also eligible to play.  I don't think they'll participate, but I think we can all agree that :clipboard: has pretty much earned a permanent right to be allowed in the field.

To everybody else:  I hope you had fun watching and playing this season.  Thanks for supporting me in my new venture.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:51:55 PM by BRB_TheFireball »
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: FPG Standings, END OF REGULAR SEASON
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 04:34:00 PM »
So top 16 of 21 next week?

Basically, don't megafail :)
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: FPG Standings, END OF REGULAR SEASON
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 09:43:28 AM »
So top 16 of 21 next week?

Basically, don't megafail :)

Actually, only the top 12 in next week's game will go on to play the May 24 FPG.

I originially wanted to go 16/12/8/4, but all of the pre-emptions and three card monte-style episode shuffling this season forced me to change this week's game from the first week of the GDC to the last week of the regular season.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16