Author Topic: Retire One Pricing Game, Bring One Pricing Game Back Game  (Read 3394 times)

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
Retire One Pricing Game, Bring One Pricing Game Back Game
« on: May 28, 2013, 08:43:59 PM »
If this is better suited for OILF, please move it there.

So this game functions pretty simply. Retire one pricing game that's been played on the show in the last year, bring one back, and explain why.  Because Credit Card and Card Game are in purgatory, and Check Game is coming back, do not include those.

I'll start.

I'll retire: Stack The Deck. The main reason why is that it tries to me to fit a grocery pricing segment that can easily produce mistakes into pricing a car that can still come across as somewhat challenging even when you do the groceries perfect.

I'll bring back: Hurdles. Bear in mind you don't have to bring back a game just because of the one you retired, but to me, it makes sense. Hurdles is a simple enough grocery game with an interesting look that I think could easily meld into the mix of the GP games of today.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: Retire One Pricing Game, Bring One Pricing Game Back Game
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 08:50:59 PM »
Game threads belong in OILF.

Retire: Shopping Spree. I just don't like it, and would much rather have Credit Card on board.

Bring Back: It's Optional. It was an underrated classic, one of my most favorite games ever.

/Just use 2 Chevy Sparks and get rid of that BMW in the Showcases, Mike. :P
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 09:03:11 PM »
Easy:

Retire Pick a Number.  A nothing game with virtually no pricing knowledge needed.

Bring Back Super Saver.  GP game, cool set, unique pricing portion.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 09:08:11 PM »
Retire: Double Prices. (Easily the least interesting pricing game on the show.)

Bring back: Penny Ante (This was 1 of my favorite grocery product games and it was such a fun game to watch.)
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 09:11:50 PM »
Retire That's Too Much.  It's too hard to win and it's not that exciting.

Bring back Give or Keep. I just always liked it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 09:14:38 PM by Hag »
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 09:14:34 PM »
Retire: Double Prices.

Can't.  The quickest game on the show and the epitome of the show.

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 09:32:42 PM »
Retiring a quickie is a poor choice because of all the show length problems the show has to deal with now. While those games are not exciting they are needed now more than ever.

I feel good about the lineup of games they have now but if forced to retire one, i'd say maybe Step Up takes a little too much time and explanation for what its worth.

I'd bring back Bump! because its a quick fun one. I don't see why they havnt done this already.. if they were prepared to un-retire Give or Keep for S37, i'm sure they could bring this one back.
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 09:46:23 PM »
Retire: Swap Meet, because I find it too be boring

Bring Back: Mystery Price. It had simple gameplay despite some contestants' confusion

Offline SuperMatch93

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 10:29:32 PM »
Retire Pay the Rent, bring back It's Optional as one of the big games that's only played a few times a year.

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 11:30:57 PM »
Retire: That's Too Much, Stack the Deck, Cover Up, Flip-Flop, Pay the Rent

Bring back: Hurdles, Give or Keep, It's Optional, Trader Bob (rename it Trader Drew or Trade Game), Super Ball
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 11:37:10 PM »
Retire: That's Too Much, Stack the Deck, Cover Up, Flip-Flop, Pay the Rent

Bring back: Hurdles, Give or Keep, It's Optional, Trader Bob (rename it Trader Drew or Trade Game), Super Ball

So the instructions say to retire one and bring back one ... and give explanations.

You've retired FIVE, brought back five, and given no explanations.

Rules fail.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 11:47:05 PM »
This is more of a swap than a game I want to retire.

Retire: Master Key, It feels too luck-based, assuming you get an SP right.

Swap: Superball. Definitely could be a Big game if they wanted to. It's not that different from Hole in One after all.

Offline Shaymin

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • May we have some decorum here, please?
    • Nintendo Free Radio
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 08:19:00 AM »
Retire: Stack the Deck, if it can't be bumped up to using 3 Strikes-class cars. Even though it's a rare GP-car game, I just get this feeling of dread when it's revealed.

Bring back: Super Saver, to fill the GP game hole. And yes, LOSK would be prominently involved.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 08:28:39 AM »
Retire: Gas Money. With a game with fairly frequent game play and not being won at all in S38, just once in S39 and perhaps none at all in S41, this "Five Price Tags in reverse" game has been evil (should average around 20% wins based on pure guessing) and depsite all of the temptations to bail, few contestants have done so properly.

Return: It's Optional. This time have a video screen with several different backgrounds show the one car driving up to the higher priced car. I'd love to see newer options such as GPS, Sunroof, MP3 players, and rear cameras.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline WhammyPower788

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • I'm on a horse.
    • Game Show Videos
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 09:01:44 AM »
Retire: Credit Card.  I mean, it's not like they actually play the game these days...

Bring back: Penny Ante.  You could totally digital-ize this game and fix the mechanical problems that led to its retirement.
Visit GameShowVideos.com for lots of game show clips!