Author Topic: Jordanar18's Price is Right! Party Like it's Season 35  (Read 21340 times)

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
Re: Jordanar18's Price is Right! Party Like it's Season 35 - SCSD2
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2013, 11:31:03 PM »
sideshow, this showcase is yours. What is your bid?

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Jordanar18's Price is Right! Party Like it's Season 35 - SCSD2
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2013, 08:23:35 AM »
Yes!  So excited to try to win a fake trailer!

I'll bid $24,200
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Jordanar18's Price is Right! Party Like it's Season 35 - Showcases
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2013, 09:46:11 PM »
sideshow's bid is $24,200.

ding!!

Flerbert, this is your showcase!

Rich:  Flerbert, your showcase visits the safe deposit vaults of The First Bank of Price!  And, the bank's first client today put in a week off from work in order to take some time to herself.  So, she came to the bank to withdraw her plane tickets... to beautiful St. Lucia!  You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to the island of St. Lucia for a six-night stay at the Sandals resort, featuring many fine amenities.

Next, we have a customer who is always dancing to the beat of her own drum.  However, she wants to take a break in order to dance to the beat... of a new jukebox!  The One More Time CD jukebox provides great music... as long as you have the CDs to put in it.  Enjoy the music of this jukebox, courtesy of Wurlitzer!

Finally, our first customer is back, realizing that she doesn't have a way to get to the airport!  So, she withdraws from our biggest vault... a NEW CAR!!!

It's the Chrysler 300!  Comes with standard equipment, plus stereo, engine-block heater, and paint and fabric protection!

And Flerbert, this showcase, in which we visit The First Bank of Price (and which contained more trips than the first showcase), can be yours if the price is right!

Flerbert, what do you bid on that showcase!?

« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:49:29 PM by Jordanar18 »

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2013, 12:13:14 AM »
$29,392 please.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2013, 12:37:38 AM »
Flerbert bids $29,392.

ding!!

And, we will find out who has won right after this!

sideshow, you bid $24,200 on your showcase.  sideshow, the actual retail price of your showcase IS... $26,595, for a difference of...

ding!!

$2,395, that's a pretty good bid!  Flerbert, your bid was $29,392, and Flerbert the actual retail price of your showcase IS... $46,217!!

ding!!

A difference of $16,825, sideshow, you win!!

dingdingdingdingdingdingdingding!!!!!

sideshow, you have won $33,772 in prizes on our show today!  Flerbert, thanks for playing.  This is Jordanar18 saying if you like pets, go adopt animal and get it spayed or neutered.  But, if you want to control the pet population, don't adopt an animal, since animals don't become pets until they're adopted.  Goodbye, everybody!

Rich: This is Rich Fields speaking for Jordanar18's Price is Right!  A golden-road.net production.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2013, 06:51:52 AM »
yey trailer!
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Jordanar18's Price is Right! Party Like it's Season 35
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2013, 10:25:49 AM »
Winnings:

sideshowPA - $33,772
Flerbert419 - $10,128
Prizes - $9,150
pathfinder20 - $2,595
nowhammies11 - $2,098
GuyWithFace - $1,200

Total: $58,943 (Available in prizes: $161,513)

Showcases:

SC1:
Treadmill - $2,600
Catamaran - $4,395
Trailer - $19,600

SC2:
St. Lucia - $7,662
Jukebox - $8,995
Chrysler 300 - $29,560 (this was featured in the season finale, and played for in Double Prices)

And some notes:

I've been obsessed with trying to make hard playings of games ever since my first show.  Out of my first 8 shows, 4 were 5-out-of-6 (including the first two shows), along with one perfect show.  If you don't believe me, see this show.

More or Less:  This worked out exactly the way I intended it to.  I wanted the player to get to the Mustang to see if they knew better than the contestants from season 35, who thought that Mustang coupes were cheap.  So, I made the first three prizes easy.

Balance Game:  I knew I wanted to make the right price the most expensive option, since I can't imagine an upright piano being more than $8,000. 

Hit Me:  I really didn't know how this one was going to turn out.  After Bob made the comment about the setup, I wanted it won, and I was relieved to see that the first card was a 6.  There were really two tangible options for the 10 - the cookies and the sleep aid (which was actually $9.95, making it a 6), and the syrup and aspirin were pretty cheap, making them the candidates for the ace.  Like I said, Guy got really unlucky.

One Away:  I expected this to be won.  My original setup was 28822, which would have been a piece of cake.  I really thought 1 was the obvious choice for the last number.

BBB:  Expensive fireplace + cheap motorscooter = Loss.

Joker:  The only reason I made card 5 the Joker was so that I could go on my rant about the sound effect.   :-P

The original second half lineup was BBB, Pathfinder, and Push Over, but I decided that was too boring with two quickies in there.  Plus -- I've never played Joker, and when else am I going to play it?  :-P
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 10:28:26 AM by Jordanar18 »