Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/1/2013 (TPiR 2013 Breast Cancer Awareness Special)  (Read 14301 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
G-R Recap Test
Episode #6442K (TPiR 2013 Breast Cancer Awareness Special)
Aired – 10/1/2013; Taped – 8/21/2013
Models: Giulana Rancic, Rachel Reynolds
Microphone Handoff: Rachel
First Four Contestant Seating: Right to Left

Everyone in the audience is a Breast Cancer survivor or fighter and all prizes are by sponsors who donate to Breast Cancer charities.

First IUFB: iPhone and Case (Apple: 16GB iPhone with outerphone case + calling plan); ARP: $1,524 (Giulana)

TIRA SASKIA LADORA CYNTHIA
799 1625 1000 1500

The winner is...
CYNTHIA

Cynthia is playing LUCKY $EVEN for a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe GS (1.8L engine, power windows, AT, Bluetooth, mudguards, carpeted floor mats, cargo net) (Rachel).

First number is...

$

Remaining: $7

Guess: 7

$

Remaining: $5

Guess: 5

$

Remaining: $4

Guess: 5

$

Remaining: $3

Guess: 7

$

Remaining: $1

WIN

Second IUFB: Bicycle (Liv/giant: Female-bike); ARP: $1,400 (Giulianna)

TIRA SASKIA LADORA LINDA
1500 1300 950 1200

The winner is...
SASKIA

Saskia is playing Coming or Going for a new outdoor dining set (Summerset Outdoor Living: 7-piece Twin Palms set) and a gas grill (5 main burners, rotisserie, sideburners) (Rachel).

7 2 9 5 9 2 7
COMING -or- GOING

Saskia sets the price to:

5 9 2 7
COMING -or- GOING

ARP: $7,295. LOSS

Third IUFB: selection of Workout Apparel (New Balance: Lace Up For the Cure 7-piece footware and apparel); ARP: $608 (Rachel)

TIRA THEMETRICE LADORA LINDA
526 525 850 450

The winner is...
TIRA

Tira is playing One Wrong Price for a new motorscooter (Honda PCX 150 with 153cc engine, AT, underseat storage) (Guliana), steam shower (Mybathusa.com: Hands-free telephone) (Giulana and Rachel), elliptical trainer (Rachel).

$3449 $1629 $999
MOTORSCOOTER SHOWER EXERCISER

Tira picks the elliptical...

$3449 $1629 $999
$3449 $2399 $999
    LOSS

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Tira $608 80 STAY .80
Saskia $1,400 50 90 1.40
OVER
Cynthia $21,169 100 1.00 *$1,000*

Bonus...

Contestant Winnings Spin Result
Cynthia $22,169 80
*SHOWCASE*

Fourth IUFB: Laptop Computer (Dell: UltraBook); ARP: $1,400 (Rachel)

DEBBIE THEMETRICE LADORA LINDA
900 1500 1200 1501

The winner is...
LADORA

Ladora is playing Bullseye for a trip to Italy (RT Coach to Rome, IT for a 6n stay in a lovely room with view of the Vatican at the Hotel Atlante Star + daily breakfast, private guided tour of the Vatican; ARP: $11,500).

Grocery items:
1) Splenda Sugar Replacement
2) GUM Toothbrush
3) Carnation Breakfast Essentials
4) Dole Diced Pears
5) Glade Vanilla-Scented Candle

Pick 1: SPLENDA 5 x $2.69 = $13.45 MISS

Pick 2: BREAKFAST DRINKS 3 x $5.79 = $17.37 MISS

Pick 3: DICED PEARS 4 x $3.49 = $13.96 MISS

WIPEOUT

Fifth IUFB: Designer Accessories (Vera Bradley: 6 colorful bags andsilk scarves + audience gets one of them); ARP: $631 (Rachel)

DEBBIE THEMETRICE SUZANNE LINDA
600 501 725 475

The winner is...
DEBBIE

Debbie is playing Double Cross for a new television (65in Smart 3D LED HDTV, HDMI cable, 4 pairs of glasses) (Giuliana) and designer shoes (Yves St. Laurent: 4 leather pumps) (Rachel)

3D HDTV

3D HDTV

SHOES

SHOES

Debbie sets the screens to:

3D HDTV

3D HDTV

SHOES

SHOES

ARPs: $3,725 and $1,975. WIN

Sixth IUFB: Countertop Appliances (Cuisinart: 5-piece Pink Collection); ARP: $630 (Giulana)

CONNIE THEMETRICE SUZANNE LINDA
400 560 625 626

The winner is...
LINDA

Linda is playing Cover Up for a 2013 Kia Rio LX (1.6L engine, 138HP direct injection fuel system, rear bumper applique, cargo mats) (Rachel).

8 3
    6 4 0
  8 3 2 4
3 5 8 1 2
1 3 9 7 9
? ? ? ? ?

8 3
    6 4  
  8 3   4
3   8 1 2
  3   7 9
1 5 9 2 0

8 3
  8 3   4
3     1 2
  3   7 9
1 5 8 4 0
1 5 6 7 0

LOSS

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Linda $630 20 85 1.05
OVER
Ladora $1,400 45 90 1.35
OVER
Debbie $6,331 80 .80 *SHOWCASE*

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES

Cynthia has the honors...

SC1 - Cynthia

TICKLE ME...CHEAP
  • Trip to Ojai (RT Limo to Ojai, CA for a 5n stay at The Oaks at Ojai + daily meals, 2 spa and 2 salon treatments) (Rachel)
  • 2013 Toyota Prius C1 (1.5L engine, carpeted floor and trunk mats) (Giulana)
Bid: $28,500

SC2 - Debbie

A GIULANA SHOWCASE
  • Trip to Washington D.C. (RT Coach to Washington DC for a 6n stay in a deluxe suite at the St. Gregory Luxury Hotel and Suites + daily breakfast, guided evening tour)
  • Trip to Riviera Maya (RT Coach to Cancun MX then to Riviera Maya for a 6n stay at the Rosewood Riviera Maya + one dinner, 60min spa treatment)
  • 2013 Fiat 500 C-Pop Cambrio (1.4L engine, 5-speed MT, power top)
Bid: $25,000
Cynthia
$28,500
PRIUS
$25,467
PRIUS
Debbie
$25,000
FIAT
$39,589
$14,589
FIAT
*WIN*
$45,920
Everyone the audience will get a pink shapphire necklace courtesy of Helen Fiacalora jewelry.

Results: 2 out of 6
Winnings: $71,127
Biggest Winner: Debbie

This Recap is solely intended for the purpose of Golden-Road.net.
Reproduction of this without authorized consent is prohibited.

Recap produced by Roadgeek Adam
Templates by Visualbasicwizard and WhammyPower788
CSS work provided by cu2010.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 07:34:33 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/1/2013 (TPiR 2013 Breast Cancer Awareness Special)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 12:44:15 PM »
They tried so hard to make this a perfect show.  Both the car games had nice prices, Bullseye's appearance, and the lack of any troublesome setups showed that the powers that be were feeling awfully generous.

Let's blame them for the 2/6 record, because that's fair.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 12:52:24 PM »
I'll give them credit for trying on the setups. L7 a win was almost guaranteed. Cover you can't really guarantee a win in but today was certainly much nicer than normal - it left the 3rd and 4th number picks up to random chance rather than going against natural tendency, and ended in 0. But today showed you can't really guarantee anything anywhere, as the quickies were pretty easy too and none won. Also, Roger, when was the last time we had a wipeout in Bullseye?

They put zero effort in the lineup though. It's not like anything happened today that was going to take extra time - they even had a 2-prize SC. Two of the quickest car games, a regular length GP, no SP and three quickies just smacks of "we don't care". We could have played Plinko instead of a quickie today, that's how under we were.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 01:03:41 PM »
I thought it was a good show, seeing that it was for a good cause.

THE BAD NEWS:

Coming Or Going: I guess the rules still remain when it comes to what a contestant is playing on that game. Too bad that Saskia didn't see that "coming".

OWP: Might be one of the easiest setups so far, and unfortunately, Tira blew it.

Bullseye: A seldom-seen wipeout?! Talk about bad luck. If Ladora asked one less of the products she chose, she would've won:

Splenda: $2.69 X 4 (instead of 5) = $10.76
Breakfast Drinks: $5.79 X 2 (instead of 3) = $11.58
Diced Pears: $3.49 X 3 (instead of 4) = $10.47

Cover Up: So close and so far away for Linda.

THE GOOD NEWS:

Lucky Seven: Had to watch that online just now, but Cynthia did a good job!

Double Cross: Great win by Debbie, and she won that Fiat convertible at the end!

BOTTOM LINE:

It's nice to see the contestants who are breast cancer survivors, so overall, I thought it was a good special, despite just two wins. The new Showcase podiums were a nice touch as well, along with the remix of Bean Stalker..........I'd like to hear what they might do with Big Banana. However, considering the model status, I find it hard to believe that this (a different model every week this month.........and a good majority of it is from B&B and Y&R) is what it's resorted to.

On a positive side, I think Giulana didn't do too bad.......I like how she presented the steam shower on OWP, too, which was funny.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:13:48 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 01:09:18 PM »
2 awesome things about this show.....Lucky Seven being winnable and a remix of Bean Stalker! I'll take a remix if that's the closest we'll get to the original.

Love the new turntable and showcase podiums, except for one thing. I don't like the white floor where the turntable rotates....it looks wrong and out of place.

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 01:14:10 PM »
2 awesome things about this show.....Lucky Seven being winnable and a remix of Bean Stalker! I'll take a remix if that's the closest we'll get to the original.

I haven't seen today's show yet, but I am thinking it is the same remix from last November sometime (I believe it was around the end of the month)? If so, I like it, but just a little too much percussion.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 01:17:19 PM »
Now that I've seen the new turntable floor and showcase podiums, they're not bad. I like the reflection effect when Drew and the contestant are there.

I don't object to the Cover Up numbers being replaced with symbols, etc. anyway but putting the breast cancer ribbons on there was a nice touch.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 01:17:56 PM »
The games were set-up really easy today. Lucky $even was practically a gimmie as were Coming or Going and One Wrong Price. Too bad that the latter two weren't won, but, they could easily have been; especially One Wrong Price with that very obviously underpriced steam shower. I cannot remember the last time Bullseye suffered such a total loss like that; has it happened in the last ten years? Double Cross was a fairly simple affair as the 3D TV is usually in the $3,000 area and I am amazed that the fourth number in Cover Up was not the 1. The given price of $15,670 - when was the last time they were so generous with this game? If not for that last number, it would have worked well in Lucky $even, as well.

Not much to criticize today - though, Giulana Rancic was perhaps a bit too goofy in her facial expressions. You look at (most of) the regular cast of models, Rachel in this case, and how professional and classy they do their duties compared to the guest models and you realize how much skill it actually takes to model well on this show. It's akin to putting a Sir Patrick Stewart in a dramatic scene with a Justin Timberlake and comparing the two - you realize there's a clear division of ability.

First show to air with the updated set. Everything looks good, for the most part - hard to really judge the new showcase podiums fully as the displays will traditionally be blue on normal shows, but, they looked all right in pink. Perhaps the set is starting to look a little too futuristic, however - blue and silver seem to evoke that futuristic type of vibe and there certainly is a lot of shiny blue and silver all over the set, now. Perhaps some Earth tones in future set revisions would curb this vibe?

Only other note is overkill with Drew's hype during the show that this was the Breast Cancer Awareness Special. I'm sure the majority of the audience that tuned in late can figure out with all the pink shirts, the ribbons all over the set and people telling their stories what the theme of today's show was without Drew beating us over the head with it, as well. Same goes for the repeated notation that "proceeds go to breast cancer research" that was mentioned in a number of the prize copies. A blanket announcement at the top of the show would have been enough. This kind over "look at what we're doing" overkill was also the case with the Emmy win on the season premiere and the Plinko anniversary. I would suggest to the current administration to tone down the hype - the audience is (hopefully) not that dumb and can figure out what's going on by just watching.

But, overall, slightly above average show, just too bad the wins weren't as plentiful as they should have been.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 02:29:56 PM »
The game side of the turntable bothered me.  I don't understand why they made the floor of the game side off-white, instead of shiny blue, or something that blends better than off-white at least, to match the rest of the turntable.  The shiny blue floor itself looked nice, but... yeah, that weird off-white floor just feels out-of-place and doesn't look good.  The showcase podiums looked nice, too.  I particularly liked the new "OVER" display, which I felt punctuated the overbid better.

January 22, 2001 had a Bullseye wipeout, a show that also had a Shell Game wipeout.  I may have missed a more recent occurrence if there is one.

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 02:38:51 PM »
For the most part, the PG setups were as fair as they would get; I wish most of them had been won. And that was a bad move by Cynthia to keep Showcase #1 (though she played the last digit of L7 well).

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 02:45:24 PM »
They put zero effort in the lineup though. It's not like anything happened today that was going to take extra time - they even had a 2-prize SC. Two of the quickest car games, a regular length GP, no SP and three quickies just smacks of "we don't care". We could have played Plinko instead of a quickie today, that's how under we were.
You seem to forget that Drew asked every contestant their story and talked to Giuliana. They probably planned this show to take into account the time that would be taken talking to everyone. It turns out that they might not have needed so much extra time, but good on them for even thinking of that in the first place and taking it into consideration when making the lineup.

Thank you Mike, for that beautifully setup Lucky $even. You don't have to do it often, but once in a while would be nice. Also, could you try this with Stack the Deck at least twice this season and set it up nicely? That'd be great.

Wow. We skip to a show taped over a month after the first week and we still can't get an appearance from Gwen, Amber, Manuela, or Rob.

Set looks great on TV. For pretty much 35 years the set was always bright with spots of darkness that you'd notice. The space between the Turntable and Door 1, above the Doors that you would usually see when Plinko was played. It was nice balance that was sort of lost come Season 36. The set got too bright for my liking. Over the years they've added some darker elements and the set that they first taped with seemed to be the right balance. This set is leaning a little bit too far to the dark side for me. It's very nice, but there was just a few too many dark spots. I still like it though.

By the way, yes, that was the same Bean Stalker remix from last December. It was nice hearing it again, but based on a tweet from Mike there are more like it and I'm very eager to hear them.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:47:50 PM by thepriceis_J »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Mewtwo

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 03:06:46 PM »
It's just so obvious when they are setting games up to be won rather than the usual.  I wonder if the people that get to go up on stage on shows like this realize "okay, this is the one time they're NOT trying to **** me, I should pick the most obvious option."

CoG should have been won, Bullseye's wipeout sucked, she was 1 over of what she needed EVERY PICK.  If she had just gone 1 under she would have still had that 60% chance.

1WP should have been won for sure.

Cover up was kind with the ending zero, if that had been combined with intentionally missing the second digit to get another round, that could have been won.

Nice to see the Fiat given away though, at least.

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 04:44:52 PM »
The first half of the show was pre-empted in the Pacific time zone because Obama gave a statement on the government shutdown starting at 10 AM Pacific.

I don't know about the other games, but Double Cross was a giveaway - the other options were $9756 shoes (maybe for one of those "365 pairs of shoes" showcases), $7569 shoes, or a $7250 TV.

Also, how often have the prize listings on the Showcase podiums been in white letters?  (Is this something that regularly happens starting this season, and I just didn't notice until now?)

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 05:02:50 PM »
Also, how often have the prize listings on the Showcase podiums been in white letters?  (Is this something that regularly happens starting this season, and I just didn't notice until now?)

The Showcase podia and graphics on today's show are entirely new, and will permanently change over in the weeks to come.

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 05:47:39 PM »
Nice wins on Lucky Seven & Double Cross! :-)

It's been a while since Bullseye's been totally wiped out.  I do remember it happening only one time before, back when Bob Barker was the host.

I like the new showcase podiums & the new turntable area floor.  That white floor on the reverse side of the turntable looks dumb though.

Not too bad overall, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!