Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/2/2013  (Read 11561 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 10/2/2013
« on: October 02, 2013, 03:14:23 PM »
G-R Recap Test
Episode #6443K
Aired – 10/2/2013; Taped – 7/01/2013
Models: Carla Mosley, Rachel Reynolds
Microphone Handoff: Rachel
First Four Contestant Seating: Right to Left

First IUFB: Accessories (Leather cross-body bag, tote, wallet, hat, skirt, pouch); ARP: $668 (Carla)

CHAYIM SHAYRI JEFFREY ANTRIECE
650 1200 700 1201

The winner is...
CHAYIM

Chayim is playing Freeze Frame for is playing for a trip to Jamaica (RT Coach to Negrill, JM for 5n luxury included stay at Beaches Negrill Resort and Spa) (Rachel).

$8176
  76 13  
81     58
26     42
  99 34  

LOSS

Second IUFB: Bicycle (Dahon: 9-speed folding bike with disc brakes); ARP: $1,699 (Carla)

SEBETTE SHAYRI JEFFREY ANTRIECE
650 778 780 1200

The winner is...
ANTRIECE

Antriece is playing ANY NUMBER for random cash, a pair of digital cameras (Canon SLR 18MP camera, 16MP Point and Shoot Camera) (Rachel) or a 2013 Toyota Carolla (1.8L 4cyl engine, 4-speed AT, LowJack Plus) (Carla).

The first number is...

CAR 1
CAMERAS
PIGGY BANK

Antriece picks 9...

CAR 1
CAMERAS 9
PIGGY BANK

Antriece picks 8...

CAR 1 8
CAMERAS 9
PIGGY BANK

Antriece picks 5...

CAR 1 8 5
CAMERAS 9
PIGGY BANK

Antriece picks 3...

CAR 1 8 5
CAMERAS 9
PIGGY BANK 3.

Antriece picks 6...

CAR 1 8 6 5
CAMERAS 9
PIGGY BANK 3.

Antriece picks 2...

CAR 1 8 6 5
CAMERAS 9
PIGGY BANK 3. 2

Antriece picks 4...

CAR 1 8 6 5 4
CAMERAS 9
PIGGY BANK 3. 2

WIN. ARPs were...

CAR 1 8 6 5 4
CAMERAS 9 7 0
PIGGY BANK 3. 2 1

Third IUFB: Gas Grill (3 burner grill with warming rack); ARP: $650 (Rachel)

SEBETTE SHAYRI JEFFREY RONDA
699 720 1 578

The winner is...
RONDA

Ronda is playing SECRET X for groceries for a year (1/wk for 52 weeks), maid service (once a month), movie tickets for a year (2 adult/52 weeks; ARP: $6,696) (Carla).

Ronda places the free X...

The small prizes (Rachel) are:

1. Waffle Stick Maker
  2. Home Soda Maker
X
?

?

?

$20
$40
Waffle Stick Maker

$20
$40
$40
X
?

?

?

$150
$200
Speaker Phone

$150
$200
$200
X
?

?

?
 X

The secret X is revealed...
X

X

X

WIN (Total Winnings: $6,736)

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Chayim $668 40 5 .45
Ronda $7,386 90 STAY .90 *SHOWCASE*
Antriece $20,352 40 70 1.10
OVER

Fourth IUFB: Designer Watch (Michele: Mother of pearl dial with .66ct diamond); ARP: $2,595 (Carla and Rachel)

SEBETTE SHAYRI JEFFREY JOEL
550 1300 1400 826

The winner is...
JEFFREY

Jeffrey is playing Swap Meet.

Swap a Laptop Computer (Sony: 11.6in display, 128GB SSD, 4GB RAM) (Rachel) for one of:

1. Tread Climber (Bowflex: Tread Climber) (Carla)
  2. Home Theatre Speaker System (Sony: 5 satellite speakers + 7.2 channel 4K AB reciever) (Carla)
  3. Side by Side Fridge (George)

Jeffrey picks the tread climber.

$1100
$3299
COMPUTER
CLIMBER
SPEAKER
FRIDGE
LOSS

$1100
$3299
$1100
$2199
COMPUTER
CLIMBER
SPEAKER
FRIDGE

Fifth IUFB: Power Tool Kit (Cordless 4-piece Combo kit); ARP: $884 (Rachel)

SEBETTE SHAYRI BRANDON JOEL
799 1176 850 1175

The winner is...
BRANDON

Brandon, a young new member of the United States Navy, is playing Stack The Deck for a 2013 Scion TC (2.5L 4-cylinder engine, 6-speed SAT, carpeted floor mats, cargo net, LowJack Plus) (Carla).

STACK THE DECK

1) Totino's Pizza Rolls

$4.99
$6.99

2) Libman Floor Cleaner

3) Pert Shampoo with Conditioner

$3.79
$2.49

4) Funfetti Cake Mix

5) Bronzer

$8.99
$8.99

6) Echincea Tablets

STACK THE DECK

LOSS

Well, it is that time again, we have the limo here for the first time this week. Welcome to another appearance of the limo. Shayri is still in Contestat's Row and on the verge of a trip to Chuckery, Ohio. Can she escape?

Sixth IUFB: Foosball Table (56in Foosball table with steel rods and 4 built-in drink holders); ARP: $550 (Carla and Rachel)

SEBETTE SHAYRI MONICA JOEL
570 571 355 566

The winner is...
MONICA

Shayri heads off to Chuckney, while Monica is playing SWITCH? for an all-terrain vehicle (Kymco Mongoose 90: CVT AT, 4-stroke engine) (Rachel) and outdoor television (MirageVision: 55in LED HD TV) (Carla).

These prices are either correct or need to be switched:

ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLE
$3450
SWITCH?
TELEVISION
$2399
SWITCH?

Monica chooses to stay...

ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLE
$3450
$2399
TELEVISION
$2399
$3450

LOSS

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Monica $550 30 75 1.05
OVER
Brandon $884 65 STAY .65
Jeffrey $2,595 90 STAY .90 *SHOWCASE*

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES

Ronda has the honors...

SC1 - Jeffrey

CHILLY OUT THERE? [citation needed]
  • Hot Tub (Beachcomber: 20 jet ports) (Rachel), 5-piece dining set (Summerset Outdoor Living: 52in round counter tale, build-in ice bucket, 4 cushioned bar stools) (Rachel), Patio Torches (Napoleon: 6ft Patio Torches) (Rachel)
  • 2013 Chevrolet Sonic LTC Sedan (1.4L engine, AT, paint/fabric, heated seats) (Carla)
Bid: $24,250

SC2 - Ronda

BOOKING, BOARDING
  • Trip to Las Vegas (RT Coach to Las Vegas, NV for a 5n stay in a luxury hotel + dinner, Hoover Dam Tour, fine art gallery, 2 tickets to show) (acel)
  • Trip to New York (RT Coach to New York, NY for a 4n stay in a luxury room at the Westin New York Times Square + helicopter tour) (Rachel)
  • Trip to London (RT Coach to London, EN for a 6n stay at a luxury boutique hotel + 2 Picadilly Theatre show) (Rachel)
Bid: $18,230
Jeffrey
$24,250
SONIC
$31,982
$7,732
SONIC
Ronda
$18,230
TRIPS
$20,787
$2,557
TRIPS
*WIN*
$28,173

Results: 2 out of 6
Winnings: $53,222
Biggest Winner: Ronda

This Recap is solely intended for the purpose of Golden-Road.net.
Reproduction of this without authorized consent is prohibited.

Recap produced by Roadgeek Adam
Templates by Visualbasicwizard and WhammyPower788
CSS work provided by cu2010.

Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/2/2013
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 03:23:04 PM »
It started out fine but then went downhill. any number was the car game intended to be won today, whereas StD (as usual) wasn't.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 03:36:38 PM »
Well, if nothing else, the GPs in Stack the Deck were fairer than usual today.  Really, at $6.99, the floor cleaner was just begging to be picked.  I mean, it wasn't easy--Stack the Deck is never easy--but it was winnable today, still.

It's hard to know what to make of Secret "X".  There was almost no way anyone was going to get the soda maker right, but the first prize wasn't so bad, and the X was in the middle, so... something.

I cannot follow the logic Ronda used in deciding to pass the first showcase.  I was just kinda' like "huh?" at that explanation.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 04:02:12 PM »
Prepare yourselves: Rant forthcoming.

I do not understand why Stack the Deck can't be set up appropriately. Does whoever is doing it just not have any grasp on what everyday people will be able to price? There is no reason the car price and the GP's need to be made that difficult. If you need the game to be lost, make the GP's hard, but it's just incredibly assy to have a car price of $21,463.

When your host is describing how hard the game is on-air - when it really does not have to be - I'd think a light bulb would go off for someone, somewhere. Drew can't seem to generate any excitement when a contestant's chances of winning are slim to none, and it happens with every single playing of Stack the Deck now.

Look at it this way: If you set up the GP's so that the contestant gets very few free numbers, but have a "gettable" car price, it's still a tough game for the contestant to win. BUT, every so often a savvy player can solve the puzzle, which then creates sort of a "comeback win" - which is always incredibly exciting. Remember this contestant from Season 39? See how exciting that was when she won the car with just one free number? That even featured a somewhat-assy car price ending in -59. It was a great moment! The way it's currently done, it looks the show is just being mean.

I must concede that this particular contestant was clearly clueless. Choosing the first number for free should get you kicked off the stage.  :P

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 04:19:47 PM »
Fairly good today.

THE BAD NEWS:

Freeze Frame: That was quite a toughie...........Too bad for Chayim.

Swap Meet: Slightly easy setup, but still lost by Jeffery.

Switch?: SMH.......It was a frickin' outdoor TV!!  :tongue:

Stack The Deck: The futility remains.......................

THE GOOD NEWS:

Any Number: Good thing Antriece didn't pick the 1 ($3.21 on the piggy bank..........*sheepish laugh*) or the 0. Good win by her!

Secret X: Ronda was really lucky with that one..........Seems Mike really didn't want that to be won if he decided to throw in the $200 soda maker. I did find her logic, when it comes to her "smart" friends wanting her to pass on the 1st Showcase and bid on the FRATS. I mean, what if they made her go over? Either way, it did pay off in the end.

BOTTOM LINE:

This probably would've been a typical Mike-approved show.........Ironically, a Mike-approved show would only consist of just two wins from a lineup, so if A# wasn't won, it might've been worse than that. Plus, I really wanted this to be the season where Stack would at least get just one win, if anything at all. But considering its horrendous track record, I hardly see that happening on S42. There's a difference between having a car game that's a challenge to a contestant and having a car game that makes a contestant feel like he/she is doing a Calculus problem for the first time..........And that said person has no knowledge to Calculus at all.

As for Carla Mosley............She does look a little like Gwen, but, no offense, I really don't know too much about her. Maybe I'm not catching up to The Bold and Beautiful, I don't know. I do know is that I wish Mike wasn't so tight-lipped when it comes to the status on the current models, because you know something isn't right when you just have Rachel and pick another random celebrity to help out.

I was starting to like Danielle and I don't why she wasn't added so she can help out today and yesterday.......Those would've been three-model shows, the way they were supposed to be.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 04:26:38 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 04:23:28 PM »
Here's my take on Stack the Deck... if you're going to deliberately make it difficult all the time, may as well go the 3 Strikes route with it and play it for really nice cars ($30K and up), that way when it IS won, it's all the more exciting for us and rewarding for the contestant

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 04:24:48 PM »
While I don't entirely agree with his decision, I understand why Brandon chose the first number as his freebie in Stack the Deck.  When you have the possibility of the car being in either the low teens or the high twenties, choosing the first (or the second) isn't necessarily a REALLY bad move.  In this case, even if he had gotten all three GPs right AND chosen the last three numbers, he STILL wouldn't have known that about the first two numbers.

With that being said, I still wouldn't have done what he did.   :P

So far, I'm not a fan of the guest models.  None of them have done even a passable job of modeling.  Where's Kyle Aletter (or Tiffany Coyne) when you need her?

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 04:35:54 PM »
While I don't entirely agree with his decision, I understand why Brandon chose the first number as his freebie in Stack the Deck.  When you have the possibility of the car being in either the low teens or the high twenties, choosing the first (or the second) isn't necessarily a REALLY bad move.  In this case, even if he had gotten all three GPs right AND chosen the last three numbers, he STILL wouldn't have known that about the first two numbers.

That's why you pick the second number.   :D
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 05:51:26 PM »
Just a couple of quick thoughts for today's show:

George, please, if you're going to be involved in a game, just stand there, read your copy and smile. Don't stick your tongue out, don't make faces and don't be goofy. Just be professional. George's antics almost make me pine for the days when the announcers were deliberately left off-camera.

For my money, the prices given for the grocery items in Stack the Deck could have gone either way for all three of them... and then for the first number to be picked as his freebie? Just an utterly dismal segment.

Carla Mosley performed better as a model than Guliana did yesterday. However, I'd still prefer to have only the regulars back.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 06:25:01 PM »
While today's show certainly wasn't the greatest I've ever seen, this easily could have been a 4/6 day.

Freeze Frame - $563 difference between what most of us in chat (and the contestant on stage) guessed and the correct price...definitely setup for a loss.
Any# - No odd numbers except for the 1 and 5, with no repeating digits in the price of the car. Easy setup, easy win.
Secret X - Wasn't setup to win 3 x's, but with the X in the center, it was practically a gimme.
Swap Meet - Should have been won. Very easy setup.
Stack the Deck - See everyone else's comments.
Switch? - Key word: "Outdoor" Television. Obviously going to be pretty expensive. Should have been won.

What was up with the Chevy Sonic showcase? I somehow managed to get a  :dsw: in CSS on it, but that's only because LTZ is Chevy's luxury model for all of their vehicles. The average contestant probably wouldn't know that.

Overall, this was a pretty average show. Other than Stack and FF, the setups were pretty simple; it's just a shame 2/6 was the end result.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 06:54:42 PM »
Today show was okay. & Drew did a good job as host.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 07:08:45 PM »

With that being said, I still wouldn't have done what he did.   :P

So far, I'm not a fan of the guest models.  None of them have done even a passable job of modeling.  Where's Kyle Aletter (or Tiffany Coyne) when you need her?
Bringing in Kyle actually would work...........But I'd also like to see Gabrielle Tuite as well. Same goes with Tiffany, when she comes back from maternal leave.

Offline itonosato304

• Outside in Line
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 08:27:55 PM »
How many more times must we have a show with only two winners, when we are one or two breaks away from winning 3 or 4?

What is it that keeps up from winning at least 3 or 4 games on The Price is Right? I'm thinking it's a combination of bad luck and bad breaks going against the contestants, and, on several occasions, poor gameplay in seemingly winnable games.

So far, we have been seeing that one bad break that goes against the contestant, or that one costly mistake in a pricing game that has prevented us from winning 3 or 4 games, instead of two.

Something has to give on Thursday.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 09:03:28 PM »
Please Adam, for all that is right with the world, stop zooming and panning on the reveal of multi-prize door games. I shudder to think of the first Danger Price playing this season. I appreciate that you're trying to spice things up, but please leave those reveals alone. They work best as a wide shot. Today, it was just on overload.

Stack the Deck was definitely not as hard as it could've been. That first GP really should've been easy. In either case, it was nice not to have the game be nigh impossible this first playing. I'm sure I'll hate when it comes out again.

Carla wasn't that bad, but honestly, it is absolutely inexcusable to start the season out with one returning regular. I don't know who made the decision to pump Price full of CBS talent and the like, but it's ridiculous that Mike couldn't at least have Gwen on these shows too. I really would love to know the thought process behind this decision.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 09:51:15 PM »
Carla wasn't that bad, but honestly, it is absolutely inexcusable to start the season out with one returning regular. I don't know who made the decision to pump Price full of CBS talent and the like, but it's ridiculous that Mike couldn't at least have Gwen on these shows too. I really would love to know the thought process behind this decision.

Do we know if Gwen is still even with the show?  So far, we know that Amber is still with us, and Manuela and Rob are probably still there, too.