Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/23/2013  (Read 10368 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 10/23/2013
« on: October 23, 2013, 12:23:15 PM »
G-R Recap Test
Episode #6453K
Aired – 10/23/2013; Taped – 7/3/2013
Models: Daniel Goddard, Rachel Reynolds
Microphone Handoff: Rachel
First Four Contestant Seating: Right to Left

First IUFB: Laptop Computer (Samsung: 13.3in HD display, 4GB RAM, 128GB solid state drive + leather backpack); ARP: $1,495 (Daniel and Rachel)

JASMIN SANDRA ROBERT JODI
850 1100 1200 1201

The winner is...
JODI

Jodi is playing Switcheroo for a 2013 Ford Focus SE (2L engine, RKE, cruise control, AT, satellite radio, rear carpet floor mats) (Rachel).

Guess 1:

2 1 3 9 0   CAR
      4 5   ELECTRIC KETTLE
      3 0   POTATO RICER
      1 0   YOGURT MAKER
      6 0   HEATER

Guess 2:

2 1 3 6 0   CAR
      4 5 ELECTRIC KETTLE
      3 0 POTATO RICER
      1 0 YOGURT MAKER
      9 0   HEATER

LOSS (Total Winnings: $85)

Second IUFB: Designer Necklace (14ct yellow gold peridot and lemon quartz necklacewith .37ct of diamonds); ARP: $1,965 (Rachel)

JASMIN SANDRA ROBERT MICHELLE
1950 1500 1501 1050

The winner is...
JASMINE

Jasmine is playing Freeze Frame for a pair of motorscooters (Yamaha Zumo 125: 125cc air cooled 4-stroke engine, 89mpg) (Daniel).

$6780
  56 31  
16     92
29     48
  80 67  

LOSS

Third IUFB: Electric Guitar (Schecter Company with ebony fingerboard, Grover tuner, three piece maple rack); ARP: $1,589 (Daniel)

ROBERT BA. SANDRA ROBERT BI. MICHELLE
900 1900 800 1000

The winner is...
MICHELLE

Michelle is playing CHECK GAME for a trip to Seattle (RT Coach to Seattle, WA for a 5n stay in king room at luxury hotel + pair of club tickets to Seattle Sounders home game) (Rachel)

CHECK GAME
AT LEAST $7000 BUT NOT OVER $8000
TODAY, 20 NOW
Michelle Fate
$1,900
One thousand nine hundred and 00/100
VOID

AMOUNT OF THIS CHECK
$

PRIZE VALUE
$

TOTAL

$

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Michelle $1,589 50 STAY .50
Jodi $1,660 40 15 .55
Jasmin $1,965 90 .90 *SHOWCASE*

Fourth IUFB: Elliptical Trainer (Inspire Fitness); ARP: $1,795 (Rachel and Daniel on CHUGGS)

ROBERT BA. SANDRA ROBERT BI. WHITNEY
2200 1550 2201 1500

The winner is...
SANDRA

Sandra is playing One Right Price for a television (70in LED 3D HDTV + 1080P display, 2 pairs of glasses) (Daniel) and designer accessories (Diane von Furstenberg: Collection with shoulder bag, 3 pairs of heels and wallets and cases) (Rachel).

The right price is $3,500. She picks the television...

TELEVISION   ACCESSORIES
$3500    
$3500   $2986

WIN

Fifth IUFB: Car Audio System (Pioneer: 8-piece audio system); ARP: $1,340 (Daniel)

ROBERT BA. LYTRESE ROBERT BI. WHITNEY
1 2100 2500 2700

The winner is...
ROBERT BA.

Robert is playing Pass the Buck for a 2013 Fiat 500 Pop Hatchback (1.4L engine, electronic stability control; ARP: $17,200) (Rachel).

1) Enfamil Infant Formula

ARP: $5.67
2) Aspercreme Pain Relief Cream
$
ARP: $5.99
3) Liquid Gold Wood Cleaner
ARP: $8.50
4) Sparkling Apple Cider
$
ARP: $2.59
Robert chooses number 2.
$3,000
Robert chooses number 4.
$3,000
CAR

WIN (Total Winnings: $20,200)

Been a busy week for the limo. It just got back from Foraker late last night. Today, now Robert Bi. is still in Contestant's Row. Are we going to keep punishing the limo with a trip to McGuffey, Ohio. Will he survive?

Sixth IUFB: Cookware (Cuisinart: Stainless Steel 10-piece collection); ARP: $800 (Rachel)

PHYLLIS LYTRESE ROBERT BI. WHITNEY
700 800 801 802
CLANGERS!$500!!

The winner is...
LYTRESE

The other Robert heads off to McGuffey while Lytrese, now $500 richer, is playing BALANCE GAME for an outdoor kitchen island (Summerset Outdoor Living: 7ft outdoor island with fridge and umbrella) (Daniel) .

Bags: $994, $2000, $3000, $4000

Drew places $994 on the the scale.

Lytrese places $2000, $4000: 6994

Rachel places the bag on the scale...

$994
$2000
$4000
ISLAND

ARP: 5994

LOSS

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Lytrese $1,300 45 85 1.25
OVER
Sandra $8,281 15 80 .95
Robert $21,340 65 35 1.00 *$1,000*

Bonus...

Contestant Winnings Spin Result
Robert $22,340 55
*SHOWCASE*

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES

Robert has the honors...

SC1 - Jasmin

THE STEVE HELLWEG MEMORIAL SHOWCASE (with a capital B)
  • Pair of Bicycles (His/Her foldable bikes) (Rachel)
  • Trip to the Bahamas (RT Coach to the Bahamas for 6n stay at the Grand Lucayan Bahamas with daily breakfast + snorkeling trip) (Rachel)
  • 2013 West Wight Potter Sailboat (Premium Package, teak handrails, trailer) (Daniel)
Bid: $23,000

SC2 - Robert

ROYALTY QUESTIONED
  • Trip to the Grand Canyon (RT Coach to Flagstaff for 3d guided hike of the Canyon coutesy of Discovery Hikes + rental car and all hikes) (Rachel)
  • Trip to London (RT Coach to London, EN for a 6n stay at a luxury boutique hotel + guided tours of Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle) (Rachel)
  • 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS (AT, 2.4L engine) (Daniel)
Bid: $29,500
Jasmin
$23,000
SAILBOAT
$20,847
SAILBOAT
Robert
$29,500
CAR
$33,640
$4,140
CAR
*WIN*
$56,180

Results: 2 out of 6
Winnings: $70,975
Biggest Winner: Robert Ba.

This Recap is solely intended for the purpose of Golden-Road.net.
Reproduction of this without authorized consent is prohibited.

Recap produced by Roadgeek Adam
Templates by Visualbasicwizard and WhammyPower788
CSS work provided by cu2010.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 10:16:34 AM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/23/2013
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 12:41:23 PM »
All things considered, this was a good show today.

THE BAD NEWS:

Freeze Frame: Easy setup, but too bad it was lost. Sucks for Jasmine.......

Balance Game: Surprised that the island was that cheap at first, but after noticing that it was small, it did made sense. Sorry, Lytrese.

Check Game: So far, its return has not been so hot...........Maybe if Michelle guess between $2400-$3300, she would've won.

THE NOT-SO-BAD NEWS:

Switcheroo: I guess getting 3 SPs is better than nothing for Jodi.

And RGA, Jodi got the kettle, the ricer, and the heater........And the missing number for the car is 1.

THE GOOD NEWS:

One Right Price: Easy win for Sandra!

Pass The Buck: Robert got $3000 and the Fiat (again?).......Plus a Hyundai Sonata on his SC, which was a good bid!

THE BOTTOM LINE:

It was another 2/6 show, but we did have a Pass The Buck win, so that was good. And Goddard really didn't act like a jerk like from yesterday, which was also good.

However, that "Starts With The Letter B" Showcase was so lame. And why that cheap-as-hell boat? Why not a Buick? A Benz? Or (dare I say) a Bentley from last week's Big Money Week?

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 01:05:36 PM »
My two cents:

Switcheroo: Good to see it back. I knew that yogurt maker wasn't cheap.
Freeze Frame: Tough luck.
Check Game: Another loss by a small margin! Even my guess wouldn't have helped.
One Right Price: Piece of cake!
Pass the Buck: Great to see it back, too. And its first car win in a long time to boot! And kudos for Robert on winning $1,000 on the wheel and a second car in the Showcase!
Balance Game: I never thought an outdoor kitchen island would be that cheap.

As to the first Showcase (the "B" Showcase), I'm with PBXL. I was hoping for a big automobile in the end, like a Buick, a (Mercedes)-Benz, a BMW, a (VW) Beetle, a (Subaru) BRZ, the works. But no. We got a boat. At least this Showcase wasn't won.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 01:28:43 PM »
So many quickie games makes for a very meh show, especially when almost all of them are lost. Nice to see the Buck win, breaking a run of almost two years since its last win (citation: Kev). I didn't expect them to play the theme on the car win with him having a pick left, but it makes sense given that it would be ill-advised to take that third pick with a 50-50 chance of losing it all.

I would also point out a bit of a fail on the Roo reveal: Jodi went from 2 right to 3 right having switched only the car and the heater. Revealing that the heater is correct at any point other than last immediately signals that the car was lost, because only one of those two could possibly be correct. But they revealed the heater second, which meant the last correct prize had to be an SP and killing the suspense.

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 02:40:42 PM »
SW: I thought the 1 needed to be inserted in the car, even though I wasn't totally sure. I think Jodi was close to switching the 1 & the 6- if she had, she would've won it all (would've been the first in over six yrs.).

Freeze: Didn't follow the pair of prizes rule.

Check: First underbid in the current era.

ORP: Easy.

PtB: Finally!!! TPTB wanted a car win here badly as of late last season, IMO.

Balance: Huh- a Summerset Outdoor Living kitchen island's cheap?

Showcases: Man, did Robert Baldwin do well today, winning two cars & $4K! They threw in the multi-prize backdrop behind the FIAT at #1 at the end.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 03:12:08 PM »
It was nice to see Buck set up so blatantly for a win. Even if it was set up easy for the same reason Stack was - to break a long drought - that's still good that they're aware of that. It'd be nice to see more car games set up randomly for wins sporadically throughout the season. Just makes everything less predictable and the show more watchable as a result. (And you can have a tough quickie here or there to compensate, that makes things less predictable as well! Although we're having a tough enough time with the gimmes this year....)

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 05:26:50 PM »
Nice wins on 1 Right Price & Pass The Buck, and nice to see Robert win $1,000 on the Big Wheel & another car in the Showcase! :-)

Not too bad overall, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline SilverFirePrime

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Can this be ressurected next?
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 06:28:37 PM »
Kudos to whomever setup the car games today.  They were both of the 'Evil at first glance, but reasonable when you think about it for a second', which is something I think they fail to do more often than not.  Switcheroo was a shame, but good on Robert for getting a nice haul in PTB.  The rest of the show wasn't bad,  but I'm not a huge fan of Freeze Frame, ORP, or Balance Game for that matter, so while I wasn't entirely crazy about the episode, it was more due to personal preference.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 06:52:05 PM »
Let me get this out of the way: Drew did an absolutely horrible job hosting Switcheroo today. Actual quotes: "Each one of these numbers corresponds with a prize" "Put numbers where you need 'em" "Whatever prize you get, whatever you match up, that's what you win" "You have two numbers right".

HUH??  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he even used the word "price".

This also bothered me: This is Drew's seventh season hosting the show. Yes, Switcheroo is a timed game. After mentioning that, and after all this time, he pointed dramatically at the wrong display window!! Ridiculous.

*takes a breath* Now...

Pass The Buck! Yay! Three picks! Yay! $3000 win, some suspense, and a car win!! Yay!! :)  (PTB is one of my favorite games.) And Robert's luck held out til the end, at least. :)

Offline Joe

• In the Audience
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 08:23:50 PM »
Let me get this out of the way: Drew did an absolutely horrible job hosting Switcheroo today. Actual quotes: "Each one of these numbers corresponds with a prize" "Put numbers where you need 'em" "Whatever prize you get, whatever you match up, that's what you win" "You have two numbers right".

HUH??  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he even used the word "price".

This also bothered me: This is Drew's seventh season hosting the show. Yes, Switcheroo is a timed game. After mentioning that, and after all this time, he pointed dramatically at the wrong display window!! Ridiculous.

Since I missed today's episode, do I dare ask if Drew has learned to correctly explain the optional second chance on Switcheroo yet?  I'm guessing he probably still didn't make it clear, but at the same time I'm hoping perhaps I'm wrong.

Offline TPIRighteous

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 09:37:09 PM »
Switcheroo and Pass the Buck were both the easiest they've been in a long time. It was pretty clear in Switcheroo that the 1 went with the car; it's a shame Jodi abandoned it pretty much from the beginning, especially because she reached for the 1 and the 6 at the end, and if she had switched them, she would have had all five right. That's never happened under Drew.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 11:30:52 PM »
Since I missed today's episode, do I dare ask if Drew has learned to correctly explain the optional second chance on Switcheroo yet?  I'm guessing he probably still didn't make it clear, but at the same time I'm hoping perhaps I'm wrong.
Sounds like you were expecting this answer; no, he didn't give the contestant the option of stopping with "2", knowing that she would win two prizes.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 12:33:27 AM »
Sounds like you were expecting this answer; no, he didn't give the contestant the option of stopping with "2", knowing that she would win two prizes.
As has been theorized here before, it is possible that the bailout option has just been written out of the rules altogether. Forgetting a rather large piece of the rules would a very large and egregious error on Drew's part, especially if he's been doing for at least the past 3 years. Given the fact that producers have reminded Drew on more than one occasion to enforce a rule (usually at the wheel), and the fact that someone here went to a taping and recalled Mike stopping the show and coming out on stage to correct Drew, would support that. It would seem really weird that they'd remind Drew to do all this other stuff and not remind him to mention this particular rule. In all likely hood, the rule no longer exists.

Why? Many can speculate. Maybe Drew forgot it once and they went with it. Perhaps in an effort to hinder wins in the game they wrote out the rule to psychologically force contestants to change things on their second turn. Usually, Drew even mentions that they can change any that they want or none at all.

Always love to see Buck, and I always love to see it won. Very nice to see it setup so nicely.

Frank brought up a good point in chat today. If the show can afford to have all these showcases with a car in it (I think every show this season has had at least 1 car in the showcase), why can't they afford to have a car-less showcase and have more three-car shows? I've been happily obliged these past few seasons with three-car shows happening more than in Mike's first few years (somewhere close to zero). But I'd like to see more than one or two a season, and I'd like to see them happen on non-special shows. It'd be such a thrill. So random and so fun.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 12:46:54 AM »
[...] if she had switched them, she would have had all five right. That's never happened under Drew.
Have there been any other three-prize wins besides today under Drew (since 3 is as close as you can get without a perfect playing)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 03:17:53 AM »
So not only does On the Franches Mountains no longer pick up where it left off, neither does the Switcheroo music.  Fantastic.

Speaking off Switcheroo, this might be overly nitpicky, but I don't think they should have revealed that Jodi had won the heater before revealing that she'd won the electric kettle, because if you were paying attention to what she changed on her second turn, it was only possible for her to have won one of the heater and the car.  As soon as the heater was lit up, it was guaranteed that she'd lost the game.

It's pretty awkward to have three one-prize games in the same show.  It helped that one of them was Blank Check, but it was still awkward.

Speaking of Blank Check, I still haven't figured out what system they're using for the check numbers, or whether there even is a system.  The number today was 2013.

Man, was it good to see Pass the Buck play all the way out today.  Drew even made sure Robert didn't want to use his third pick!

Wow, both of the showcases today were actually showcases...even if they did have three trips between them.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.