Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/29/2007  (Read 12204 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/29/2007
« on: January 29, 2007, 02:36:46 PM »

Production #3861K - Taped Dec. 7, 2006

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: right to left

Handoff: Brandi

Models of the Day: Gwendolyn Osbourne, Brandi Sherwood and Shane Stirling

Wearing: Adrianna Papell

1   Coleman Tailgating Equipment (S)

MELISSA 700
LEROY 725
ASHLEY 800
TAMARA *801
($806)

Tamara plays SWITCHEROO

Numbers: 2 3 4 5 7

1st Try2nd TryPrices
Pontiac G6 (Std., BlkHtr)(G)$1 9 4[7]0$1 9 4[5]0($19,430)
(Presto) Salad Shooter[2]6[3]6(46)
Auto Tool Kit[5]0[7]0(50)
(GE) Telephone/Clock Radio[4]9[2]9WIN
Vegetable Steamer/Masher[3]0[2]0(70)
1 RIGHT1 RIGHTLOSS

2   Stainless Dishwasher (B&S)

+Melissa 600
+Leroy 601
+Ashley *610
JEFFREY 418
($1159)

Ashley plays IT'S IN THE BAG

$1,000$.79*(1) (Pringle's) Potato Chips (2 oz)
2,00010.97*(2) (Citracal) Supplement
4,0002.25*(6) (Hershey's) Syrup (squeezer)
BAILOUT5.99X(4) Glad Force Flex Trash Bags (20)(worthless)
3.35X(3) (Smucker's) Blackberry Jam (18 oz)
(5) (Airborne Jr.) Supplement ($5.99)

3   Pawley's Island Reversible Hammock (G)

+Melissa 950
+Leroy 799
ALEX 920
Jeffrey *818
($839)

Jeffrey plays SQUEEZE PLAY for a (Mitsubishi) 65" Projection HDTV (B&S)

Setup:3 9 5 9 8
Pick:$ 3 9 9 8
Price:$ 3 9 9 8   WIN!

SHOWDOWN #1

$835Tamara20 + 85OV
4,834Jeffrey60 stay.60
5,159Ashley85 stay.85Through to Showcase Round

4   Petroleum Artifacts Gas Pump Replica (S)

+Melissa 1200
+Leroy *1750
Alex 800
DENNIS 1600
($2595)

Leroy from North Carolina plays POKER GAME

Leroy's Picks:
(2) Ashley Marisa Dining Group$8339 9 7 7 8 (3)
(1) Dean Palamino Electric Guitar799TWO PAIRPASSES

Leroy's Hand:
(3) Stamina Aero Pilates Machine5009 9 9 0 0 (5)
(4) Danby Silhouette 51-Bottle Wine Cooler999FULL HOUSEWIN!

5   American Tourister 5 pc Luggage Set (G)

+Melissa *751
LEAH 400
Alex 750
Dennis 640
($1250)

Melissa, the last of the "First Four", plays MONEY GAME for a Chevy Aveo LT (Std., AT, BlkHtr, Prot)(B)

16643518-2
1816-190-515-3
8585-409-bk46
$209$15 5 ----   SHOT DOWN BY EL CHEAPO!

6    carolinachair.com Hughes Chaise (B)

KELSEY 895
Leah 700
Alex 900
Dennis *901
($1225)

Dennis from right there in Hollywood, CA plays BARGAIN BAR

Rascal AutoGo Vision Scooter (S)$2295$4295$2000
Howard Miller Coastal Point Floor Clock (G)PICK$2520$4020$1500LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2Spinoff
$1,225Dennis70 stay.70.30Through to Showcase Round
1,459Melissa20 + 50.70.15
5,726Leroy30 + 90OV

SHOWCASE ROUND

Ashley has the honor.

SC1-Ashley

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED TO AMELIA EARHART (S)
Assorted Snacks
Trip to Kaua'i (5n @ Marriott)
Caralina 250 25' Wing Keel Sailboat
BID$24,520
PRICE38,235
DIFF- 13,715

SC2-Dennis

HOW IT'S NOT SO EASY TO BE A BARKER'S BEAUTY
4 Medi-Rub Massagers (B)
Trip to Auckland, NZL (6n @ Hyatt)(G)
Dodge Nitro SXT (Std., Cruise)(B)
BID$24,000
PRICE33,270
DIFF- 9,270
TOTAL$34,495

Today's Pricing Games: 2 for 6 (with 1 Bailout)

Total Winnings: $52,508

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/29/2007
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 03:02:07 PM »
Switcheroo - yay finally! Tough luck though

Its in the bag - had everything right but one. she bailed out at the right time

Squeeze Play - easy

Poker Game - Easy playing

Money Game - !@#$%^&* EL CHEAPO!!!!!

Bargain Bar - those were quite the xpensive prizes

showcase: Yay! a Dodge Nitro!!! Major underbidding on the boat though.

My Bids: $27,000/$11,235 | $32,000/$1270

Grade: 7/10

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 03:14:30 PM »
Tamara was entertaining to watch, with her being worried about if she won the car.  I thought it was entertaining  to see her ask Bob if she got another chance after her second run at changing the numbers.  It's too bad she wound up winning the telephone.  

It was cool to see Ashley make a mock "Ashley" furniture logo on her shirt.  It's a good thing she changed her mind about the $10.97 bag to the Citrical.  

Jeffrey was great with his t-shirt that the whole audience signed, and I liked how he took it off to give to Bob.  With a LFAT like that, he deserves to win the HDTV.

It's great we got Poker Game with Big Banana Remix once again.  It's also a good thing that the total payout today exceeded $3,000 ($3,131 to be exact).

It was funny to see Melissa give back the cover of the middle number in the price of the car to Bob after he discarded it.  It's a shame to see her get shot down by El Cheapo.

I guess the people operating the lights in Barker's Bargain Bar when the game was introduced were asleep or something :lol:.

This marks the first appearance of the new Dodge Nitro SUV, which is based on the Jeep Liberty platform.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 04:15:09 PM »
Jeffrey obviously made an impression out in line, and it isn't hard to see why:  he was just a friendly, excited guy!  I don't remember seeing anyone else giving Bob the shirt they were wearing at the time
Melissa wasn't Jeffrey, but she was still very enjoyable.  Mostly that she seemed completely insane.  Not wild, and not potentially harmful to Bob, but just... insane.  How else do you describe it?  I mean that in a good way, too:  she was very fun, and I loved her picking up the little paper Bob threw to the ground in Money Game
Tamara was pretty darn enjoyable too.  She seemed to be paying at least some attention to what she was putting where in Switcheroo, and even though she switched all five numbers, she seemed to almost immediately realize her mistake a moment too late.

Speaking of Switcheroo, I really wonder why it's not played first very often.  Certainly seems worthy of the slot to me.

Speaking of that name, yay for Bob finally getting the pronunciation right!  Guess after the last Tamara a couple weeks ago, Bob's finally learned how to say it
I did not like Leroy.  When Bob showed him the prizes he could win in Poker Game, he looked completely disgusted.  He also seemed as if he couldn't care less when he won the game, or playing the game, or at any other point, really.

Did anyone else find it funny that Amelia Earhart brought snacks on her flight that didn't actually exist back then
And speaking of the showcases, the second showcase was the most difficult showcase for me to bid on in years.  It's hard to bid on a car you've never heard of before.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 04:17:36 PM »
Switcheroo: I knew that 3 was the number on the price of the car.

Squeeze Play: Well Jeffery gave Bob the shirt off his back. He got rewarded by winning that tv.

Poker Game: Great win with a full house there.

Money Game: Leave the cover alone Melissa we don't need it. It was obvious that El Cheapo was the one.

Barker's Bargain Bar: A bit tricky but I knew the scooter was the bigger bargain.

Showcases: Boy did both Dennis and Ashley overshot their bids and I don't blame the peanut gallery's reaction to those.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 04:39:30 PM »
Bidding Round #1- #142, Ashley! :-D

Squeeze Play- Wow... that definitely deserves to be YouTubed.

Bidding Round #5- #143, Leah! :-D

Bidding Round #6- #144, Kelsey! Yet another three-hottie day, meaning we've had TEN hotties in the last three shows! Wow! :-D

Showcase- Ashley, I'd like to talk to you about I boat I need to sell...

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Jeffrey.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Nice show to start the week off... Grade: 3

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 04:51:39 PM »
Nice show today, but not excellent.

Switcheroo---Disappointed in Tamara's playing.  She switched everything in the second round, yet she still managed to get one right.  I knew the "3" was screaming to be picked for the car and it wasn't.  

It's in the Bag---Good thing Ashley switched the Airborne with the Citracal.  Good thing she stopped at $4,000 today.  I knew the trash bags were NOT in the $8,000 bag.

Squeeze Play---It's interesting Jeffrey had all the audience members sign the shirt plus give it to Bob.  Squeeze play was pretty easy today.

SCSD 1--I wanted Ashley to win.

Poker Game was pretty easy today too--although Leroy wasn't too thrilled about the prizes....

Money Game---UGH, EL CHEAPO defeats Melissa!!  When Melissa did NOT choose EL CHEAPO, I had a feeling she lost.  Question for you all: how many of you TPIR viewers were thinking "EL CHEAPO" in today's playing?

Barker's Bargain Bar---Roger set this up to be lost--really HARD today.  I would have chosen the clock and lost too.

Showcases--Both Dennis and Ashley bid way too low.  But Dennis was the big winner today.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 05:13:02 PM »
Switcheroo: I had a feeling the 3 was in the car.

IITB: Smart move by Ashley for stopping at $4000.

Squeeze Play: That 5 was screaming to go.

BBB: I would have blown this by saying the Clock was the bigger bargain.

SC: I knew Ashley garfed it big time.  I said $39K and be painfully over.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 06:18:48 PM »
One Bid 1: I just have to mention this: During about the whole first half of the show, there was a little countdown on the screen for Sunday's big game. It made me laugh a little when they showed the tailgating equipment, because those that want to tailgate can't do it near the stadium. Ha Ha.

Switcheroo: The only thing I knew was the $46 salad shooter. That's about it. I knew Tamara would not get all five on either try.

It's in the Bag: At first I was going the blame the damn audience for talking Ashley out of the Glad Bags and bailing out. I went along with her about the bags. But now I have to thank them for making her stop at the right time.

Squeeze Play: I thought big on this one. Again, I still had that thought that it should always be the middle number removed... at least this time.

I think Jeffrey is one of those people that every big game show wants to have as a contestant....

Poker (Game): I didn't pay attention to the two pair; I didn't know it would be a high one. My main instnict today was we have to have a full house in order to win this one.

Money Game: I'm sure plenty (or maybe all) of us, even some in the audience, were shouting "el cheapo." I guessing the main last guesses were either 09 or 90. Now Melissa says "el cheapo" when it's all over. This, my friends, is another common Money Game Loss due to getting the first two numbers right on the third try and losing to el cheapo. Thank You.

"The Bargain Bar Game": I thought Rascal Scooters and clocks like those would be in the $3000 and $4000 ranges respectfully, prompting me to pick the scooter. At least I was half right in thought and zero in the game.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline bigdaddy

• Outside in Line
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 06:59:22 PM »
This is the show that Bob should end with.  Jeffrey L.Goodman(Massapequa Park, Long Island) is the best contestant of the year.  A life long fan who knows the games and is very very happy to be called - "JEFFREY GOODMAN COME ON DOWN".  

Jeff gave Bob the shirt of his back.  And Bob took it.

Jeff is a breath of fresh air on a show 35 years old.

If everyone was a little like Jeff, the world would be a much better place.

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 07:15:44 PM »
Speaking of that name, yay for Bob finally getting the pronunciation right! Guess after the last Tamara a couple weeks ago, Bob's finally learned how to say it

Actually, some Tamaras pronounce it TAM-ah-rah and others pronounce it tah-MAH-rah.  I've known at least one of each, and tah-MAH-rah always got royally irritated at people who didn't pronounce it her way.

John

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 07:25:54 PM »
Switcheroo-Tamara play Switcheroo poorly.

It's in The Bag-Ashley stop at the right time if she had gone on she probably would have loss.

Squeeze play-A Nice way to end the First half.

Poker-A nice way to start the second half.

Money Game-El Cheapo claim another victim.

Barker bargain bar-When Dennis choose the clock I had a feeling he had loss

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 07:33:36 PM »
JohnHolder wrote:  Actually, some Tamaras pronounce it TAM-ah-rah and others pronounce it tah-MAH-rah.  I've known at least one of each, and tah-MAH-rah always got royally irritated at people who didn't pronounce it her way.

Hmm... I've never known one who went by TAM-ah-rah.  I'm gonna' take a stab that's less common.  Or maybe not.  Maybe I should take a survey or something.  I'd say it's likely a good number of Tamaras on the show in all these years have had their name pronounced wrong, still.  I can't imagine they all went by TAM-ah-rah, after all

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 07:40:19 PM »
Yay!  Switcheroo!  And Tamara even knew to leave one number alone on her second turn.  It's just too bad she didn't realize it until after that turn was already over!

If Ashley wasn't going to listen to Willy when he was "bugging her" about her wrong answer, at least she had enough sense to quit before she reached it.

Jeffrey was probably the best contestant on this episode.  He was clearly a loyal friend and true.  It's really too bad he didn't make it into the Showcase.

Yay!  Poker Game!

Even though Money Game should have been won (because it should never be lost when there's an El Cheapo on the board), it wasn't necessarily easy...09 and 90 were both on the board, probably to make it harder to give the contestant the right answer through hand signals.

Despite the above, though, Melissa's boyfriend has clearly never priced an Aveo.

I see they've brought back Scorpzy's old favorite game, Barker's Broken Bar.

Frank15 wrote:

I did not like Leroy. When Bob showed him the prizes he could win in Poker Game, he looked completely disgusted. He also seemed as if he couldn't care less when he won the game, or playing the game, or at any other point, really.

You know, I started watching him after you brought that up in chat...I think the one time I saw him smile was when he was leaving the stage after losing the Showcase Showdown.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 08:12:36 PM »
Jeffery could have played Stripperoo  :-)

Excellent contestants.  Surprised again at some losses.  Most of the games were extremely easy setups. (Repeating digit rule in Squeeze, extremely easy Bag, El Cheapo screaming...)  I'm a little surprised that they appear still under budget after last week.

Good show!
John