Author Topic: What u get for christmas  (Read 2941 times)

Offline catfan2002

• Double Showcase Winner
    • my facebook page
What u get for christmas
« on: December 25, 2013, 03:49:54 PM »
I got a 1975 Reds picture a ticket to wwe wrestling next month 50 buck walmart gift card a 15 buck subway gift card and a 15 buck skyline gift card
http://bigeastsports.blogspot.com/

HYO winnings: $125,862 and counting

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: What u get for christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 04:37:51 PM »
Similar to what cu said in this thread yesterday, I too am typing this response on my newest toy! :)

Now I'll return to trying to figure out Windows 8... :pint:
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 05:11:34 PM »
New tablet. :)
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline crazypackersfan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • There... are... four... lights!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 05:15:57 PM »
A Hello Kitty ball.

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 05:21:35 PM »
Similar to what cu said in this thread yesterday, I too am typing this response on my newest toy! :)

Did you get a Surface tablet, or just a laptop? In my opinion, Windows 8 is really good. I think most of the problems I've read from others who have it is that it is just too different, and they can't adapt to change very well. It took me less than an hour to figure out all I needed to know for Windows 8. I recently got the original Surface RT, and I love it.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 05:30:25 PM »
Did you get a Surface tablet, or just a laptop? In my opinion, Windows 8 is really good. I think most of the problems I've read from others who have it is that it is just too different, and they can't adapt to change very well. It took me less than an hour to figure out all I needed to know for Windows 8. I recently got the original Surface RT, and I love it.

It's a laptop, but it has a touchscreen. As different as Windows 8 is, I will give Microsoft credit for making this operating system very touch-friendly. The only problem is that they made all of the features I'm familiar with very difficult to find. Luckily, there are several 3rd party software options out there that return some of the features of previous versions of Windows, including a multitude a "start menu" replacements, one of which I downloaded and love. It's going to take some getting used to, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. After a little more customization, I'll be more than satisfied with it. As far as the laptop itself goes, I love it!
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 05:43:03 PM »
My opinion of Windows 8 is a bit mixed.  For those who prefer and are more familiar with a traditional keyboard and mouse setup, it's not the best option.  For those who prefer and are more familiar with a touchscreen setup such as a smart phone or an iPad, it's a much more viable option.  I'm sticking to Windows 7 as I'm quite comfortable and content with it.

As for what I got for Christmas, a shirt and some gift cards from various places.  I didn't ask for anything because I don't really need anything and I don't want people spending their money on me.  I might spend my gift cards on a new digital camera since my old one has dead pixels and my digital camcorder has bad sound quality.

The actual retail price is...

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 05:51:03 PM »
Money, Clothes, and a digital watch. Yep, got what I needed.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 06:02:28 PM »
New pair of hiking boots (my old ones were badly blown out) and replacement ink cartridges for my printer...

Offline SuperMatch93

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 06:21:24 PM »
I got Ticket to Ride, loads of gift cards, a couple books, and $200 cash.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 06:40:55 PM »
Just a bears sweat pants, new razor and a 50 dollar gift card from road ranger gas station.

Offline Shaymin

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • May we have some decorum here, please?
    • Nintendo Free Radio
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2013, 09:58:28 PM »
I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD~!

*ahem*

Aside from that, workout equipment (Wii Fit which I'll have to upgrade for the U version at some point methinks), some cooking equipment, and some spending money for the aforementioned Disney World trip.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2013, 10:44:57 PM »
I got some clothes and a Holy Bible.

Online JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2013, 10:50:59 PM »

Same here!  Also got a wireless mouse, flash drive, and sleeve to go with the laptop, plus a couple of other small things. 

Offline TheGRVOfLightning

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • This is my favourite game.
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2013, 10:57:49 PM »
I got the following
(S - Season, P - Part)

• The Simpsons S16
• MythBusters S8P1
• Nintendo Monopoly
• Super Mario Bros. 3
• The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
• Donkey Kong 64
• Diary of A Wimpy Kid 8
• Family Guy S3 & 4
• The Fairly OddParents S1-5
• Wii Fit U
• Sonic Lost World
• Super Mario 3D World
• North Melbourne watch and calendar
• North Melbourne's 1996 Grand Final
• Crash of The Century
• LA Lakers: NBA Finals 2010, Lakers Dynasty, 2009 NBA Finals highlights
• San Francisco 49ers Super Bowls
• Ja'mie: Private School Girl
• Welcome to Macintosh
• Despicable Me 2
• Apple TV
• North Melbourne membership
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United