Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 12/27/2013 (TPiR Season 42 Kids Special)  (Read 11169 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 12/27/2013 (TPiR Season 42 Kids Special)
« on: December 27, 2013, 12:49:12 PM »
G-R Recap Test
Episode #6551K (TPiR Season 42 Kids Special)
Aired – 12/27/2013; Taped – 11/11/2013
Models: Manuela Arbelaez, Rachel Reynolds
Microphone Handoff: Manuela
First Four Contestant Seating: Right to Left

First IUFB: Trip to Disneyland (RT Limo four 4 to Anaheim, CA for 3n stay in kids suite at the Anabella Hotel + daily breakfast, 4 3d park hopper passes); ARP: $2,962 (Rachel)

JEFFREY/JULIANNA KRISTEN/FILESHA/
VANESSA
MICHELLE/DEVIN CAITLYN/RICHARD
1500 1600 1700 1701

The winner is...
CAITLYN/
RICHARD

Caitlyn and Richard is playing Coming or Going for an ultimate game room (Mizerak: 8ft pool table, XBox 360 with Kinect, WiFi, controller, AC/Adapters, dummbells, 7 games), television (65in 3D HDTV with 2 pairs of 3D glasses) and a table tennis package (Butterfly North America) (Manuela and Rachel).

5 4 0 7 0 4 5
COMING -or- GOING

They sets the price to:

7 0 4 5
COMING -or- GOING

ARP: $5,407. LOSS

Second IUFB: Selection of Electronics (Nabi: 10-piece collection with tablet, pocket camera and video camera, headphones); ARP: $626 (Rachel)

Everyone in the audience will go home with the HD Cameras and one can be won on priceisright.com

VANESSA
MICHELLE/DEVIN ABAGAIL/NICOLE/
ENRIQUE
651 655 1 650

The winner is...
MICHELLE/
DEVIN

Michelle and Devon are playing Punch-a-Bunch for a chance to win up to $25,000!

Item #1 (32GB iPod Touch) (all Rachel):

$175

Guess: HIGHER
HIGHER
$299

Correct!

Item #2 (Magic Set):

$70

Guess: LOWER
LOWER
$35

Correct!

Item #3 (Wax to Hot Wheels Set):

$29

Guess: HIGHER
HIGHER
$50

Correct!

Item #4 (120-piece deluxe art set):

$45

Guess: LOWER
LOWER
$16

Correct!

They have 4 punches.

$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
  1. $100
    Throws it back.
  2. $5000
    They bail.
  3. $5000
  4. $250

BAILOUT (Total Winnings: $5,400)

Third IUFB: Computer (Buydig.com: HP 23in all-in-one PC with 4GB RAM, 1TB HD, wireless printer); ARP: $1,200 (Manuela)

VANESSA
PAULINE/NATHAN ABAGAIL/NICOLE/
ENRIQUE
850 1151 1150 750

The winner is...
KRISTEN/
FILESHA/
VANESSA

Kristen and her daughters, Filesha and Vanessa are playing Dice Game for a 2014 Chevrolet Spark LS (1.2L engine, AT CVT, tire pressure monitoring system, all-weather floor mats and cargo mat, paint/fabric) (Rachel).

1st roll...(Filesha)
Picks: higher

2nd roll...(Vanessa)

3rd roll... (Filesha)

Last roll...(Vanessa)
Picks: lower

The actual retail price is...

LOSS

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Kristen, Vanessa and Filesha $1,200 60 85 1.45
OVER
Richard and Caitlyn $2,962 80 STAY .80 *SHOWCASE*
Michelle and Devin $6,026 60 60 1.20
OVER

Fourth IUFB: Trampoline (JumpSport: 113sqft of playspace and basketball hoop); ARP: $1,559 (George)

JEFFREY/JULIANNA JOE/JACOB PAULINE/NATHAN ABAGAIL/NICOLE/
ENRIQUE
800 799 550 625

The winner is...
JEFFREY/
JULIANNA

Jeffrey and Julianna, the last of the First Nine, are playing SAFECRACKERS for a new hot tub (Beachcomber: 25 jet ports, water cleaning system) (Manuela) and a collection of snack machines (cotton candy makerm slushee maker, popcorn maker) (Rachel).

ARP of the snack machine collection is the combination to the safe. The numbers are: 0, 5, 7.

OPEN
LOCK

$570

Fifth IUFB: Pair of Cellphones (Newegg.com: 16GB water-resistant cell phones + calling plans); ARP: $2,640 (OVerhead)

HOLLY/SYDNEY JOE/JACOB PAULINE/NATHAN ABAGAIL/NICOLE/
ENRIQUE
1050 1650 1495 1051

The winner is...
JOE/JACOB

Joe and Jacob are playing Push Over (+) for a trip to Hawaii (RT Coach for four to Maui, HI for a 6n stay in a 2-bedroom gardenview condominium at the Outrigger Ana Nalu + traditional Hawaiian luau) (Manuela).

1 4 1 1 2 6 8 6 0          
  HAWAII

They push the blocks to

1 4 1 1 2 6 8
  HAWAII

ARP be...

1 4 1 1 2 6 8
  1 2 6 8 6

LOSS

Sixth IUFB: Family of Bicycles (Performance: pair of kids bike and pair of 24-speed adult bikes); ARP: $1,430 (Rachel)

HOLLY/SYDNEY DONALD/ALLISON PAULINE/NATHAN ABAGAIL/NICOLE/
ENRIQUE
1001 1000 2000 1500

The winner is...
HOLLY/SYDNEY

Holly and Sydney are playing Rat Race for frozen yogurt for a year (1,200 gift card from Menchi's), movie tickets for a year (Fandango: 52 weeks of 2 adults and 2 kids tickets) (Rachel) and a 2014 Kia Soul (1.6L engine, AT, 15x6 spoke whels with covers; ARP: $15,500) (Manuela).

Holly and Sydney can earn rats by guessing the prices of these items:

Smucker's Hot Fudge Topping (all Rachel)

Guess must be within $1.

Guess: $2.60.

$3.69

Wrong. ($1.09)

Simon Electric Game

Guess must be within $10.

Guess: $38.

$27

Wrong. ($11)

High Quality Binoculars

Guess must be within $100.

Guess: $150.

$288

Wrong. ($138)

WIPEOUT

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Holly and Sydney $1,430 95 STAY .95
*SHOWCASE*
Joe and Jacob $2,640 40 20 .60
Jeffrey and Julianna $11,122 80 85 1.60
OVER

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES

Richard and Caitlyn has the honors...

SC1 - Richard and Caitlyn

THIS SHOWCASE IS SPONSORED BY KIX
  • Camcorder (32GB memory) (Manuela)
  • Trip to Orlando (RT Coach for 4 to Orlando, FL for a 5n stay in 3-bedroom superior villa at Reunion Resort and Club + lunch and four water park passes) (Manuela)
  • 2014 Jeep Patriot Sport (2.0L engine, 5-speed MT, electronic stability control) (Rachel)
Bid: $26,500

SC2 - Holly and Sydney

ALL PLAY AND NO HOMEWORK?
  • Go-Karts (Powersportsmax: Pair of Kandi 49FM-5 with 100xcc engine, 3-speed SAT, electric start, headlights, tailights, turn signal indicators + accessories) (Rachel)
  • 2014 Dodge Journey American Value Package (AT, 2.4L engine) (Manuela)
Bid: $26,220
Richard and Caitlyn
$26,500
JEEP
$29,285
$2,785
JEEP
*WIN*
$32,247
Holly and Sydney
$26,220
JOURNEY
$23,356
JOURNEY

Results: 1 out of 6 (with 1 bailout)
Winnings: $54,665
Biggest Winner: Richard and Caitlyn

This Recap is solely intended for the purpose of Golden-Road.net.
Reproduction of this without authorized consent is prohibited.

Recap produced by Roadgeek Adam
Templates by Visualbasicwizard and WhammyPower788
CSS work provided by cu2010.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:42:58 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 12/27/2013 (TPiR Season 42 Kids Special)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 01:42:04 PM »
Nice to see two regular models today, even if it was during yet another special episode.

Good Punch-A-Bunch win, so close in Rat Race, and I liked the visual of Rachel walking out of the safe to close it during Safe Crackers. And did you notice how she magically appeared inside the safe when it was cracked? How did she do it?? ;)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:45:30 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 02:25:03 PM »
Wow. This didn't turn out well, winnings wise.

CoG wasn't a slam dunk, but everything except the TV looked cheap.

Punch-A-Bunch was its usual self and that was a good amount to get. That's the best you can do in a slump like this.

Dice Game was pretty much thrown away. It's one thing to go with the odds and then be wrong, but it's a complete other thing to go against the odds. They had some tough rolls, but by simply going with the odds, they would've won the game.

Safe Crackers was not that easy, but there was a $180 difference! I, myself, thought that all those machines would cost $750. Still, it was nice to see a setup other than $90.

Push Over wasn't easy, but wasn't hard. 3 reasonable choices and unfortunately, they picked the wrong one.

It's been quite a long time since we've had someone get to Rat Race and completely forget to use the range to their advantage. Quite a fitting way to end this lackluster winnings show...a wipeout.

This show wasn't terrible. The kids were okay, but not as present as the first special.

"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 02:29:28 PM »
CoG wasn't a slam dunk, but everything except the TV looked cheap.

Even if it is a prize package, most people are programmed to pick the 'round' $7,045 over the 'awkward' $5,407.  That was absolutely set up to be lost.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 02:30:06 PM »
Well, once again...........They don't call these "specials" for nothing.

Dice Game was so mean-spirited...........Same with Rat Race. And speaking of Rat Race, this is something that really irks me: Since it was wiped out today, Drew still forced the rats to race. I still don't understand why bother racing the rats if that game had a wipeout..............I mean, what's the point in doing that, anyway?! Personally, I think if Rat Race gets a wipeout and you have a race anyway, it tends to lose a good amount of interest and it doesn't seem to make much sense, if at all............Unless they just want to kill time or something. Either way, it didn't help much that it had another malfunction with one of the rats.

CoG was NOT meant to be won, but at least it showed the XBOX 360 and not that crappy XBOX ONE.

Well, there was 5 Gs given away on Punchy and one solid win on Safe, which prevented from being winless. And Manuela is back, so that's the only good thing I can take from this.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

When it comes to this special and the X-Mas Eve one this week, it's obvious that Mike doesn't have too many scruples and just like Tuesday, this was inexcusable. I wasn't too surprised that he didn't learn anything from the last Kids special. But I was surprised how quiet a lot of the kids were in the audience. And two SUVs on both SCs? Don't see that everyday.

Nevertheless, this week was a major letdown and hopefully next week will be better than this.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:37:14 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 03:48:52 PM »
And speaking of Rat Race, this is something that really irks me: Since it was wiped out today, Drew still forced the rats to race. I still don't understand why bother racing the rats if that game had a wipeout..............I mean, what's the point in doing that, anyway?! Personally, I think if Rat Race gets a wipeout and you have a race anyway, it tends to lose a good amount of interest and it doesn't seem to make much sense, if at all............Unless they just want to kill time or something. Either way, it didn't help much that it had another malfunction with one of the rats.
To see which rat would've won if a contestant got a rat, obviously. Makes perfect sense to me. And that particular team chose a rat they would have picked had they won one (the one they picked would've won them the year's worth of frozen yogurt)

My two cents:

Coming or Going: Tough break. But at least they won the more expensive Showcase, including the Jeep Patriot (that's the only thing that makes this Kids Special better than the last)!
Punch a Bunch: Great win!
Dice Game: Tough luck with the dice. Going against the odds on the third number is partially what cost them (but it's rolling the 4 that really did them in).
Safe Crackers: Great win!
Push Over: Tough break. I had a feeling that trip to Hawaii was more than $12K. $11K, though, did seem like a reasonable guess.
Rat Race: Tough break.

At least this Kids Special turned out better than the last, with an automobile win in the Showcase.

Nevertheless, this week was a major letdown and hopefully next week will be better than this.
Not necessarily a "major" letdown. We had a Cover-Up win on Monday and a $22K win in Plinko yesterday. The only "major" letdown this week was the Christmas Eve episode.

But next week-- I have a feeling things will improve greatly.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 04:46:42 PM »
I would have put the Journey in Dice Game and found out if Sydney had a bro/sis...

Holly, Sydney, your showcase has something for everyone in the family

Sydney, you and your sister can have a blast in these awesome new go-karts! {description}

And Holly, you and your husband don't have to be left out because here are TWO NEW CARS! {2 Chevy Sparks behind the big doors}

Offline crazypackersfan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • There... are... four... lights!
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 05:11:24 PM »
Coming or Going was a forced loss... Dice Game was pretty mean, and Rat Race was nasty. Like many other specials, it ends up being a full show with a lot of losses.

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 05:56:18 PM »
Coming or Going was a forced loss...

Explain how Coming or Going was a forced loss.  There were three items, and the correct price ended in 7.

xxx9 * 3 = xxx7
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 06:39:40 PM »
To see which rat would've won if a contestant got a rat, obviously. Makes perfect sense to me. And that particular team chose a rat they would have picked had they won one (the one they picked would've won them the year's worth of frozen yogurt)
Well, Holly and Sydney picked the green rat..............but even if they did gotten a rat and still picked the green one, they'd still wouldn't gotten anything. Besides, that green one also had a little snafu. Best if they gotten the pick one so they would've had the car.

Honestly, as I mentioned a while back, if there's a wipeout on Rat Race, then there's no need to race the rats regardless.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 06:51:44 PM »
I understand that they want interactive games, but instead of getting all these games that personally bore me, why don't we mix in less interactive games.

Evenmore, why don't we change some games to make them interactive? The first examples that came to mind are:

- Having the kid(s) walk the path in Pathfinder, while the parent tells them where to step from next to the SPs.

-  turn the trilons in One Away

- reveal the Grand Game flaps (just the first three, the fourth should be dramatic)

- place the products in IITB (model hands product to kids, kid places it on table)

I know that this is probably not the biggest issue with today's show, but I just wanted to get that off my chest.

~~~~~

Now the the show....

CoG was made easier if you used the math theory, but -07 is really hard to pick as correct.

Punch-a-Bunch was my favorite part of the day. When Devon figured out what was going on with the SPs, he was shouting the answers before his mom could!! It's too bad more kids were not involved.

Dice Game is basically a luck game after the first roll, and sometimes you go against the odds and win and sometimes you lose. Just so happened that today's playing fell under the latter.

Safe Crackers was also a nice segment. I liked how Jeffrey and Julianna automatically thought it was either $570 or $750 and talked it out on stage. Since we have had a lot of pair episodes, I wish we would have more cooperation like this.

Pushover was tough and they came within $1,000 of winning, not much else to say.

And finally, Rat Race was devastating. Close on the first two and then plays the game on the one day the the last product is not the life saver.

Today had good points and bad points, but specials really should only have good points (and maybe mediocrity at times)

And speaking of Rat Race, this is something that really irks me: Since it was wiped out today, Drew still forced the rats to race. I still don't understand why bother racing the rats if that game had a wipeout..............I mean, what's the point in doing that, anyway?!

Maybe they could make it into a consolation game. If you pick the rat that finishes first, we will give you $100 to try and mask your complete failure.  :-)

Offline IncoG5nito

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 07:07:07 PM »
I don't understand the point of doing a kids' special if the kids have no say whatsoever in the actual gameplay.  Last year the adults had the final say, but the kids still got to help them make decisions (and one of these instances led to the parent changing her mind and blowing the game).  Devon and Julianna were really the only ones to get involved.  All the others, except maybe for the sisters getting to roll the dice, acted as if they were told before taping not to say a word once they get on stage unless Drew asks them a question.

I don't think Dice Game had a nasty setup.  I would expect a low digit after a high one and would have gone with the odds on the four.

The Safe Crackers contestants seemed to have a genuine reaction to having won, as opposed to these caricature contestants we seem to have been getting as of late, not to mention the reshoots.  These are the types of contestants they need to look for, regardless of age.  Save the artificial people, personalities, and reactions for the reality shows.

I thought the double digit price in Pushover was the winner as well.  I believe that's the second time this week that pushing only one block over would have resulted in the win.

They should have gotten at least one rat in Rat Race... there was no way that Simon was going to be $38.  I missed the other two prices by a mile as well, though.  For those complaining about the race being run anyway, I don't think Drew was going to until they said "we would have picked the green one", and then he went ahead and have the race run because of that.  At least we didn't have any guesses lower than the range itself...

My guesses for the Showcases were almost identical to the contestants'.

Well, Holly and Sydney picked the green rat..............but even if they did gotten a rat and still picked the green one, they'd still wouldn't gotten anything. Besides, that green one also had a little snafu. Best if they gotten the pick one so they would've had the car.
What??! Aside from this post being incomprehensible, it's already been shown that had they won one rat, and indeed picked the green one, they would have won the frozen yogurt for that particular rat coming in third.  It doesn't matter that it may have momentarily gotten stuck on the track; Drew is very clear that one or more of the rats may not even finish at all (which begs the question... if more than two didn't finish for whatever reason, would they edit it out and do the race over, especially if the player had won three rats?)
IncoG5nito
Formerly of the "Game Show Fiesta"

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 07:15:32 PM »

Honestly, as I mentioned a while back, if there's a wipeout on Rat Race, then there's no need to race the rats regardless.

Never mind.............Disregard that last post. My apologies if that came out wrong.  :embarassed:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 07:18:06 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 07:37:03 PM »
What if someone who is playing along at home wants to see how they would've done?

Besides, IMO, it wouldn't be Rat Race without a race.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2013, 08:09:35 PM »
Do you have a problem with revealing the punches after a person walks away?  What about revealing the bonus window or shell with the ball underneath it if no windows/chips are won?  How is that any different than this?