Author Topic: 2014 Price is Right 'Wish List'  (Read 6874 times)

Offline Mr. Weatherman

2014 Price is Right 'Wish List'
« on: December 31, 2013, 01:51:30 AM »
Now that 2013 is coming to a close, what are some things you would like to see happen on the show during 2014?

I have an ever-growing list, but to keep it realistic and simple...

- Play Golden Road, 3 Strikes and Triple Play more often
- Retire 'Pay The Rent'
- Hear at least a few of the older cues return in their original forms rather than "remixed"
- Adam Sandler returned to his previous duties; replaced with a director who embraces traditional directing values
- More 'specialness' added to all specials (better prizes, easier setups, etc...), especially with the season premiere and Christmas weeks
- No more guest models

Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 2014 Price is Right 'Wish List'
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 01:57:31 AM »
- Play Golden Road, 3 Strikes and Triple Play more often
I second this one wholeheartedly, and I'd like to make one extension to this wish...

- Have at least one 'full' Golden Road win

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 02:12:29 AM »
- more Golden Road as well
- more sponsored prizes, and less generic, short descriptions - for example, less of things like "a bag of cream-filled chocolate cookies"
- less specials where a pair of contestants compete as one (Valentine's Day is okay, as is the grandparents special, but no wedding showers, expectant mothers)
- if there's another kids special, limit it to one parent and one child - it gets very crowded if a parent has two kids with them, potentially leading to 12 contestants in Contestants Row
- a few more classic cues (I do like some of the newer cues, but most don't sound that spectacular)
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 02:19:22 AM »
- Retire 'Pay The Rent'

Isn't that game the basis of your username? I thought you like that PG.

- Hear at least a few of the older cues return in their original forms rather than "remixed"

I second on this. It's not like many of the older cues are over 50 years old. I really miss Cue 86.

My 2014 wish list would also include:
  • Less "Specials".
  • At least one perfect show.
  • Having an episode celebrate Let's Make a Deal's fifth anniversary.
  • Switcheroo, one of my all-time favorite PGs, being played more frequently.
  • The return of Card Game.
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 02:38:55 AM »
Isn't that game the basis of your username? I thought you like that PG.

I wanted a username that no other person would consider using, and because Pay The Rent is such a highly detested game, it seemed like the perfect fit. It probably gives others the wrong impression, but I don't really care. I like it (my username, not the game itself), and I have no regrets.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 03:12:07 AM »
This is what I want on my "Wish List":

1. Bring back Check Game. 'Nuff said.

2. Have a decent enough Christmas special next season..........We do not want a repeat of this season's Christmas special.

3. Since Let's Make A Deal is having its 5th anniversary in 2014, I'd still like to see some of the LMAD games being on Price (Strike A Match, Go Big Or Go Home, Go For A Spin, etc.). Plus, I'd like to see Tiffany Coyne do some Price modeling since she did as good of a job on there as she did on LMAD. And speaking of models................

4. Ease up on the "Soap Stars As Guest Models" trend. I don't have too much of a problem so far since Melissa and Hunter did a pretty good job (Don't bring back that pointing guy, though), but I really don't want this to last the rest of the season and beyond that. Hopefully, Mike will bring back the regular model rotations for the second half of S42 and make a good portion of shows 3-model shows. Hell, at least make Danielle a permanent addition to the current models.

And...........

5. I wish Mike will stop making Golden Road so reclusive........Have it shown more often.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 03:40:12 AM »
^ I made a little error: On the first one, I meant to mention Card Game, not Check Game..........Oops.

Offline greg

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 08:55:07 AM »
I would like to see Credit Card make its return
No more 2  model days
No more guests...I am perfectly happy with Gwendolyn, Manuela, Amber, & Rob
Card Game
No more 2 player days
Return of old Race Game music intro
I like the sirens on Danger Price but I think they should go off with a win kind if like the clangs on Grand Game
More new games introduced
Finally a real wish.... Some of the really good retired games return... Super Ball, Penny Ante, Hurdles, Finish Line, Its Optional, Fortune Hunter, Hit Me, or Trader Bob (Drew)...

Offline 03F5man

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 09:02:32 AM »
play more golden road. it does not always have to be played for these 90,000+ cars. Bob sometimes played it for a corvette and the 2nd to last playing he did they had only I believe a 52,000 corvette. I think mike needs to start using that sometimes so it can get more playing time. As far as guest models they have had keep Hunter and get rid of the others

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 09:27:41 AM »
More Golden Road and Triple Play
Less Pay the Rent (but with no more than 7 winning combinations (give or take one))
Offer more expensive cars in regular car games and/or the Showcase once in a while
Bring back Credit Card and Card Game
More classic cue remixes
More vintage automobiles
Another Big Money Week
Another Dream Car Week (I'd like to see Triple Play played for 3 Cadillacs (CTS coupe first, XTS sedan 2nd, Escalade ESV SUV last))
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 10:46:44 AM »
Do I even have to say it?

More three car shows.

Also...

It'd be fun to see one of the multiprizers (Danger, Take Two, Swap, or Race) played for trips.

It'd also be fun to see some car games played for non-cars. (Money for a boat, One Away for a trip, etc.)
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Online rick420buzz

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 12:15:02 PM »
The only couples shows should be Valentine's Day, Mothers' Day, and Fathers' Day, with at least one gay couple on Valentine's Day.

PLEASE cut back on the 2-prize Showcases.

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 01:00:10 PM »
Yay, another poorly-disguised "complain about the show" thread!

I gather that it's more due to CBS and less of the show itself, but fewer guests would be appreciated.  I tune in to watch The Price Is Right, not to watch some VH1 harpy promote her poor imitation of The Soup.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 02:11:40 PM »
The only couples shows should be Valentine's Day, Mothers' Day, and Fathers' Day, with at least one gay couple on Valentine's Day.

I apologize for sounding rude, but that's a pretty ridiculous wish. Do you mean a gay couple appearing in the audience, or on stage?

Consider that one taken care of!

Well, I count today's show as a 2013 episode. We haven't reached the new year quite yet. :-)
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 02:28:42 PM »
I apologize for sounding rude, but that's a pretty ridiculous wish. Do you mean a gay couple appearing in the audience, or on stage?
I would assume they mean getting called down. Whether they get on stage depends on how well they bid :)