Author Topic: Second Race Game arm?  (Read 2604 times)

Offline 1DC

• In Contestant's Row
Second Race Game arm?
« on: December 31, 2013, 05:56:23 PM »
I've been looking at some old episodes of Price is Right lately, and on some of them, Race Game was played. I've noticed that back then the prop had a second arm on the left. Does anyone know if that second arm once served some purpose?

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Second Race Game arm?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 08:59:25 PM »
Symmetry?

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 09:10:39 PM »
A quick use of the search function shows this thread, which states that it was used on one occasion when the right arm broke. Of course, neither really do anything, since they're both controlled from off stage.

http://www.golden-road.net/index.php?topic=13313.msg214097#msg214097

(Mods, if you can edit in so that the words "this thread" links to it, that'd be helpful)

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 09:37:50 PM »
A quick use of the search function shows this thread, which states that it was used on one occasion when the right arm broke. Of course, neither really do anything, since they're both controlled from off stage.

http://www.golden-road.net/index.php?topic=13313.msg214097#msg214097

(Mods, if you can edit in so that the words "this thread" links to it, that'd be helpful)

For future reference, the syntax is (url=www.urlhere.com)TEXT YOU WANT TO SAY(/url) replacing () with brackets [].
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 01:29:36 PM »
I can remember an occasion years ago where a contestant randomly decided to avoid the left and used the right arm. If the amount of times the right arm was used ever exceeded 3, I would be surprised. One would guess they built it that way because they originally envisioned a different stage set up (in-between the four prizes perhaps?) but ultimately decided on it worked best at it's position by the turntable.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline IncoG5nito

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 03:52:07 PM »
I can remember an occasion years ago where a contestant randomly decided to avoid the left and used the right arm. If the amount of times the right arm was used ever exceeded 3, I would be surprised. One would guess they built it that way because they originally envisioned a different stage set up (in-between the four prizes perhaps?) but ultimately decided on it worked best at it's position by the turntable.

I thought the right arm was the one they've always used?

I assumed the left arm was there for left handed contestants.
IncoG5nito
Formerly of the "Game Show Fiesta"

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 04:34:22 PM »
In terms of staging, it's the right arm since it would be closer to stage right. To the home viewer, it's the one they see on the left.

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 03:32:16 PM »
The other lever opens the trap door.  That's where they keep the candy.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.