Author Topic: CSS Results for 01/23/2014 (Game 78)  (Read 1544 times)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
CSS Results for 01/23/2014 (Game 78)
« on: January 23, 2014, 04:40:05 PM »
Yay! More random boats!

I dunno whether this was just a new boat that we haven't seen before, one most forgot about, or what have you, but we have bids all over the place today. Some were close, some had some pretty massive garfs, and one...well, Fireball summed it up best:

What the hell is up with these Stagey bids the last couple of days?!
I dunno, Fireball. I really dunno.

goldroadfanatic DSWs the Ford Focus and gets the win today, though with a near-GOTC on the boat himself. DSW trumps all, after all. FieldsFan336 has the best bid on the boat, best overall difference, and second place today.

And we have another blown Plinko doubler. :lol:

On a serious note- everyone needs to read the stickied message I posted at the top of this section yesterday. Thanks! :)
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• Recap Guide
  • I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Re: CSS Results for 01/23/2014 (Game 78)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 05:02:15 PM »
(Damn it nam, I'm supposed to be the highest over  ;-))

Anyway, I put St. Maarten at 10K and the boat at 26K on 1. Tells you how much the boat is.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Mr. Weatherman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 05:10:14 PM »
On a serious note- everyone needs to read the stickied message I posted at the top of this section yesterday. Thanks! :)

And for those too lazy to do so...

It has come to my attention that players may be using the site's Search function to look up prices of prizes offered during the showcases. I have been given several screenshots revealing players doing so recently, done by using the site's Who's Online feature, which shows the current site activity of members online at any given period.

Remember that looking up prices during live playings of CSS, whether they be from previous recaps, price lists, Google, and whatnot, is considered an act of cheating. The real show would ban you in a heartbeat if you were caught doing that. I have zero tolerance for it in CSS.

I will not mention names publicly at the moment to protect the guilty, but if you are doing this, you need to stop. Cheating in CSS gives players an advantage that they would otherwise not have, which makes the game less fun for those who do play by the rules. If you can't do it on the real show, don't do it in CSS, either. If said players continue to play outside of the spirit of the game by cheating, there could be serious consequences, up to and including vacancies of any records to-date and suspensions from CSS.

Most of you are good about playing by the rules...it's really a shame that these select few force me to have to write this. I really don't want to have to bring this up again. CSS is just a game, played solely for bragging rights...there's really no benefit to cheating anyways. :)

I wasn't aware that this was happening, but now that I do know, I'll probably start checking the Who's Online section after I submit my bids from now on. If I catch anyone "searching the forum," I'm not going to hesitate to take a screen shot and send it to cu, especially if said person is in chat. When other people cheat, then that means I'm pretty much wasting my time by making sure to watch the showcases and submit my bids to cu. There are other things I can do with my time. I just choose to play this game because it's a fun way to escape from this little thing called "life," where cheating and other similar realities already exist, even if it's just for 10 minutes out of the day.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 05:14:53 PM »
My first time participating in years and it went...well, not so much as I planned. But still fun nonetheless.

Offline jacaya

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 05:24:05 PM »
I dunno what's worse... GARFing on a boat, or being done in by a cheaper-than-I-thought trip to St. Maarten.

One step forward, one step back... unfortunately. :(
That's j-a-c-a-y-a. Just As Confused As You Are.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 05:28:34 PM »
I dunno what's worse... GARFing on a boat, or being done in by a cheaper-than-I-thought trip to St. Maarten.

One step forward, one step back... unfortunately. :(

You were done in by a cheaper-than-you-thought trip to Buenos Aires, not St. Maarten.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline jacaya

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 06:28:38 PM »
That too. I must have been so messed up, I forgot what trip went with which showcase. :lol:
That's j-a-c-a-y-a. Just As Confused As You Are.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 07:28:52 PM »
Yesterday I snapped my over streak, today I snap my cash drought!

Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 08:45:30 PM »
Ya know...can I just park the car for the rest of the season?  It's not fun whenever you...

A.  Blow a Plinko doubler, and
B.  Blow said doubler with a heels.

So yeah...that's me in a nutshell.  I give up trying to price this crap.  :-x
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.