Author Topic: 1/31/14 -- RESULTS  (Read 8375 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
1/31/14 -- RESULTS
« on: January 31, 2014, 07:43:57 PM »
Guys, I have no idea how the f*** I came in third place today.  I wasn't even trying!

Somehow, two of my one-prizers showed up... and they happened to be key games.  Coming or Going and Bonkers were each picked by four players.  DJTorgo, Kev347, and wildbill0962 get $10,000 for COG.  123123123, TheGRVOfLightning, and UniquePerspective get $10,000 for Bonk.  I, of course, get $20,000 for both.

But wait, there's more!  Double Cross and Master Key also came in as key games.  Hag and Schfifty get $15,000 for Cross.  vadernader gets $25,000 for Key.  whammy007 gets $40,000 for picking both.

Danger Price was spoiled by the Stevens Point Journal.  Kev, Punchy, and vader all saw that spoiler and put "6" on it; however, none of them could capitalize on it.  None of them could pin down its slot and none of them picked it to be won.

ShatterMySoul99 adds a fourth gold medal to his already impressive haul.  wildbill gets his highest position of the season as the runner-up.

See you Monday!  Go Broncos and Seahawks!

FPG Results Board
1/31/2014 -- Where Have All the FPG Players Gone Edition
Rank Player MP CP CGP Money Base
Money
1 ShatterMySoul99 6 26 2 $359,688 125 1,2,-,- 135 $0
2 wildbill0962 5 21 3 $341,704 119 -,-,-,- 119 $10,000
3 BRB_TheFireball 5 13 2 $323,719 113 1,-,-,- 118 $20,000
4 Schfifty* 4 22 2 $305,735 107 -,-,-,- 107 $15,000
5 Hag* 4 22 2 $287,750 100 -,-,-,- 100 $15,000
6 PriceFan985 4 20 1 $269,766 93 1,-,-,- 98 $0
7 Chad1787 4 14 2 $251,782 86 -,-,-,- 86 $0
T8 DJTorgo 3 9 2 $215,813 79 -,-,-,- 79 $10,000
T8 UniquePerspective 3 9 2 $215,813 79 -,-,-,- 79 $10,000
10 vadernader 3 8 2 $179,844 65 -,-,-,- 65 $25,000
11 123123123 3 6 2 $143,875 57 -,-,-,- 57 $10,000
12 Flerbert419 2 12 1 $107,906 49 -,-,-,- 49 $0
13 SteveGavazzi 2 10 1 $71,938 41 -,-,-,- 41 $0
14 Kev347 2 7 2 $53,953 33 -,-,-,- 33 $10,000
T15 john cage bubblegum 2 6 1 $35,969 25 -,-,-,- 25 $0
T15 thepriceis_J 2 6 1 $35,969 25 -,-,-,- 25 $0
17 whammy007 2 5 2 $20,000 15 -,-,-,- 15 $40,000
18 Punchboard91 1 6 1 $20,000 15 -,-,-,- 15 $0
19 TheGRVOfLightning 1 3 1 $20,000 15 -,-,-,- 15 $10,000
T20 OneBidTris 0 0 0 $20,000 15 -,-,-,- 15 $0
T20 sideshowPA 0 0 0 $20,000 15 -,-,-,- 15 $0
T20 Teddy 0 0 0 $20,000 15 -,-,-,- 15 $0

* = Schfifty won the tiebreaker for slotting both of his games in their correct halves.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 1/31/14 -- RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 07:59:33 PM »
Let me make sure I have this right.  I'm not allowed to "cheat" in CSS. But "cheating" in FPG and not sharing is perfectly OK.

I got that right?

I suck.

I make a motion that any reference to Danger Price be scrapped from today's game.  Looking for a second....
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 08:31:25 PM »
Sorry for the last post folks....just reviewed the rules.  Cheating is OK in FPG.  My bad.

See, it makes it worse when I have it pointed out to me when there was a spoiler out there in the recap, and I didn't have the time (nor need, nor job) to go looking for it.  Make me feel like it is being rubbed in my face a bit.  Is FPG now intended for those who can find spoilers?  Is that the intent of the game?

BUT, moving forward, I would suggest that any such spoilers would cause that game tio be remioved from the FPG.  If it's out there, it's out.  Just my 2 cents. 

Or, if there is a spoiler, please don't make me feel stupid in the recap for having not looked for it.  It's not a scavenger hunt....it's FPG.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 08:59:46 PM »
I suggest not getting so emotionally invested into the game. There has already been tons of discussion on spoilers and the rules have been set for the season based on the topic made and what Firey decided. Nobody's job is looking for spoilers, but a quick 2 minute search can find them for a very small time-sink. Heck, more time is invested into organizing past show lineups and trying to decide if a game is due or not.

Also, Fireball is not making you look stupid by pointing it out in the recap, he's just pointing it out for those who were wondering. Rather have it out in the open (after the show of course) than swept under the rug.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 09:02:07 PM »
... but a quick 2 minute search can find them for a very small time-sink. Heck, more time is invested into organizing past show lineups and trying to decide if a game is due or not...

Point taken.  Thanks BRB for running FPG.  I'm out....this game has changed.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 09:04:03 PM »
Point taken.  Thanks BRB for running FPG.  I'm out....this game has changed.

I think you need to ease up a bit, spoilers have historically been allowed since the beginning of FPG. Fireball even made provisions this season to make spoilers worth less. He did not change anything for the worse.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline TheGRVOfLightning

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • This is my favourite game.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 09:07:12 PM »
Another FPG. Another bad week. I don't check anything so I had no clue.
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 09:09:31 PM »
vader, I know spoilers have been allowed, but they are certainly more abundant than they were in the past.  If somebody sees one, then it should be noted and removed from the game.  Last time I checked, the P in FPG stood for "predicition".  If you already know the game is going to happen, and get extra credit for it by assigning a 6 for it, then where is the prediction?

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 09:16:26 PM »
vader, I know spoilers have been allowed, but they are certainly more abundant than they were in the past.  If somebody sees one, then it should be noted and removed from the game.  Last time I checked, the P in FPG stood for "predicition".  If you already know the game is going to happen, and get extra credit for it by assigning a 6 for it, then where is the prediction?

Well it doesn't always have to 100% adhere to the acronym. Remember, the F in FPG stands for "Friday" and yet we're playing a game next Monday.

If you know Danger Price is going to be played, that doesn't do a helluva lot of good and there is still a ton of prediction involved. You don't know if it's won/lost or what slot, and as a result you can end up getting very few points from it like all four of us did.

As far as "extra credit" goes.... To be fair, I originally was going to assign a 1CP to it as I thought that was the rule, but was informed that since it's not a CBS spoiler than the CP will not be changed. Maybe that rule can be changed next season, who knows.

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 09:17:07 PM »
sideshow. I don't even know why you are complaining...
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 09:19:07 PM »
DON'T change that rule! We complained a few weeks ago about how we didn't like the rule to begin with and now we want it changed to ALL spoilers?!
My sports teams are

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 09:21:18 PM »
sideshow. I don't even know why you are complaining...

I really have no words here.....this is sad...really

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 09:22:41 PM »
DON'T change that rule! We complained a few weeks ago about how we didn't like the rule to begin with and now we want it changed to ALL spoilers?!

Actually, you make a good point. I forgot about the discussion a couple weeks ago. I honestly don't have a clue what to do about the spoiler CP's....I don't. Either way someone will end up unhappy about it. It's a lose/lose. I think it's too easy to forget the last letter here, G. In the end, it's just a game.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 09:24:45 PM »
Let me make sure I have this right.  I'm not allowed to "cheat" in CSS. But "cheating" in FPG and not sharing is perfectly OK.

I got that right?

I suck.

I make a motion that any reference to Danger Price be scrapped from today's game.  Looking for a second....
If that's how you feel, then FPG should no longer exist. In today's world of heavy promotion and social media it is impossible to avoid spoilers when it comes to games being played. It is far more easy for a spoiler to show up concerning a game, than it is for a prize in the showcases. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, CBS Press Express, The News, Promos During the Show, Promos After the Show, Promos During Other Shows, The TVs Featured as Prizes on the Show. They're everywhere. The only way for this game to exist is to allow them and if they're out there to be discovered, it is okay. One spoiled game with no spoiled slotting is not the same as a spoiled prize in the showcase with a price.

There have been many playings since FPG's return that have featured a spoiled game. This is nothing new.

Also, I don't understand how pointing out how three people benefited from a spoiler (and they didn't benefit much because they were all wrong on the slotting and none of them scored higher than 8th) is rubbing it in your face.

I'm not trying to pile on you or attack you or anything. I'm trying to point out how this isn't as big of a deal as say a spoiler for Golden Road showing up (everyone knows it is first) and how you didn't even need the spoiler to win the game. This is still the Friday Prediction Game, it is just trying to adapt to the times. I'm sorry you feel differently, and I certainly don't want you to quit over it.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 09:30:56 PM »
We should go back to the former rules on spoilers. Because if not we will have so many automatic 1 CP games that it is insane.
My sports teams are