Author Topic: CSS Results for 02/21/2014 (Game 99)  (Read 1892 times)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
CSS Results for 02/21/2014 (Game 99)
« on: February 21, 2014, 03:13:22 PM »
...okay, I'm convinced that they were just plain trolling us today. I have no other explanation for the fact that we had a random sailboat and a car in the same showcase. To add insult to injury, the other showcase was the always-dreaded all-trip showcase.

It worked, too, as we're all over the place, with a few moderate garfs, a crapload of overbids, three blown DSWs (and none that count), and the first $1 bid of the season. All on a Friday.

jacaya gets the win, taking the cash for the random trips, and one of just two players in the A range today. PriceBusterXL, in third place, cashes on the trollcase.

Just one more week of February left...and I'm sure some of you just can't wait for it to end. :lol:
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• Recap Guide
  • I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Re: CSS Results for 02/21/2014 (Game 99)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 03:15:28 PM »
I didn't realize I dropped an M off my name.

Oops. Fixed on my end to make cell references work. :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:33:34 PM by cu2010 »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 03:28:36 PM »
Can you really call Stagey's maneuver an "epic garf"?  It was a sound strategy.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 03:34:19 PM »
Strategy or not, it was still an epic garf. :lol:
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 03:53:34 PM »
I'm pretty proud with this one, even though I didn't get a DSW. It's still good, either way.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 04:21:47 PM »
Well the good news is I didn't heels. The bad news is I blew another DSW on another Friday. Kinda how my day has been going though, especially with FPG.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 04:40:38 PM »
Can you really call Stagey's maneuver an "epic garf"? It was a sound strategy.
I would say that bidding anything less than about $17,000 is never a sound strategy, as it leaves you wide open if the other player is not in fact over.

(The player who bid $13,500 the other day, however, is an exception. As some had noted, that Showcase looked as if it consisted of next to nothing.)
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 05:12:27 PM »
I would say that bidding anything less than about $17,000 is never a sound strategy, as it leaves you wide open if the other player is not in fact over.

(The player who bid $13,500 the other day, however, is an exception. As some had noted, that Showcase looked as if it consisted of next to nothing.)

Never say never. Even if they bid $17,000 they still would have been $9,000 off. If the person was not over with a bid of $38,000 they surely had to be closer than $9,000 so it wouldn't have mattered.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz