Author Topic: Wheel in Charleston (possible spoiler)  (Read 1998 times)

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
Wheel in Charleston (possible spoiler)
« on: February 06, 2007, 09:07:34 AM »
Last night's episode was pretty good I thought. Two things to point out though. For whatever reason, they changed the "think" music cue during the toss-ups and speed-up round. Also tonight was a case of finding out what works, and what doesn't. During the contestant reaction after they solved the puzzle, the lights over the contestants went out. It was a truly funny moment.

p
o
s
s
i
b
l
e

s
p
o
i
l
e
r

According to patsajak.com, Next week is a big week when it comes to winnings. Pat only said on his site that they gave away over $400,000 for Country Music stars week. So I guess we'll have to sit back and watch what all happens.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline siowafc

• 11/15/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: Wheel in Charleston (possible spoiler)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 10:50:32 AM »

catdogwheel wrote:
According to patsajak.com, Next week is a big week when it comes to winnings. Pat only said on his site that they gave away over $400,000 for Country Music stars week. So I guess we'll have to sit back and watch what all happens.

But don't they double the winnings during weeks with celebrity guests by giving whatever is won to both the contestants and the charities? That would make the actual game winnings only $200,000, which sounds about right.

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 11:38:04 AM »
I noticed the change in music as well. I am hopefully it is just a South Carolina thing and not a permanent change. The new cues are just blah in my opinion. The other cues seemed to create a little more tension whereas the new ones just sort of play there and do nothing for the game.

Also, the ONLY reason they left in the dimming of the lights moment was because Pat made a GREAT joke about it and totally played it off. More times than not, those moments are eliminated from Wheel anymore. I also would not be surprised if they did actually retape another "win" moment and decided not to use it in post.

Offline Geoffrey Weagraff

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 01:40:53 PM »
Unfortunately, I think these new cues are permanent. Because, interestingly enough, the now-old Speed-Up cue actually debuted back in 2000 when they were on the road in Washington. But I agree with you that I like the old ones better. They seemed much more like think music, while the ones they have now sort of sound sleepy, and kind of like ending music. I remember this same thing happened on Sesame Street back in 1993 when they changed all their theme music. The classic harmonica closing theme that was used since the beginning of the show was replaced with this calypso music, and it sort of gave the show a sad ending to it.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 10:56:32 AM »
I had the honor to get to go see Wheel in Charleston. I too noticed in the audience that the music cues were different.

My grandmother and I got tickets to see the Country Music Stars Week on Satuday the 13th in January. We ordered tickets to the early tapings and got them. After they did the first two tapings, a lady came up to us and handed us two tickets for the afternoon taping. So, we got to see Monday's, Tuesday's, Thursday's, and Friday's tapings. We missed Wednesday's taping so we could get someting to eat(we were starving) and get back in line for the other two tapings. I'm not going to say what happened, but they were VERY good episodes! Once again, no spoilers, but watch the episode that will air on the 13th- something very interesting happens!

BTW, if Wheel ever comes near your hometown, I strongly encourage you going to see it. It's worth it! Also, just as a side note, the set looks a LOT smaller in person than it does on TV. And Vanna looks even more hot in peroson! :)
1,671 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!