Author Topic: MLB baseball 2014  (Read 60640 times)

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: MLB baseball 2014
« Reply #405 on: October 14, 2014, 07:19:12 PM »
The Giants win game 3 in 10 innings thanks to a errant throw to first during a bunt play.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #406 on: October 14, 2014, 07:22:12 PM »
The Giants giveth and the Giants taketh.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #407 on: October 14, 2014, 07:22:31 PM »
Choate was the goat.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #408 on: October 14, 2014, 09:05:24 PM »
Still don't like the Giants.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #409 on: October 14, 2014, 11:03:18 PM »
Kansas City is ahead 3-0 in the ALCS.

Offline JustBecause

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Waiting until the Time is Money Avatar is ready!
« Reply #410 on: October 14, 2014, 11:05:37 PM »
K.C. ties the 1976 Reds and 2007 Rockies by starting a postseason 7-0.

Can the O's pull an 04 Red Sox?

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #411 on: October 14, 2014, 11:14:14 PM »
That catch by Moustakas was one of the greatest defensive plays in MLB postseason history. And the fundamental soundness came through again when Butler hit that sacrifice fly right when the Royals needed it. Even in July none of us would have guessed that the Royals would be our American League Champions. To see a team go from three decades of futility to winning a pennant in such short time is surreal. What a fun, fundamental, and fantastic team these Royals are.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #412 on: October 14, 2014, 11:21:07 PM »
Can the O's pull an 04 Red Sox?
No. Also, in the '04 Red Sox situation, the Red Sox were the away team. No home team has ever done it. No home team has the advantage to play 3 in a row at home.

Pitching has been just as good as the Royals (outstanding bullpen tonight), but the hitting hasn't been. Adam Jones swings at everything and refuses to take a walk and everyone else is hardly doing anything. Take that and couple it with the Royals lights out defense and this series is all but over. It's so frustrating to lose all these close games.

I'll hold hope because the O's have certainly won four games in a row, but everyone but Baltimore is behind KC. All the magic, all the momentum, everything the O's were riding flying into this series was ripped right from under them and given to Kansas City. Two underdogs go into the ALCS and the Royals were the bigger one.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:29:20 PM by thepriceis_J »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #413 on: October 15, 2014, 07:04:55 PM »
WOW! Congratulations to the American League Champion Kansas City Royals! In an era of free spending on power hitters and starting pitching, the Royals built their team around speed, small ball, and bullpen. And the real key to this run has been the GREAT defense played by the Royals. It's an amazing story, Kansas City has great fans, and we've just seen the most unlikely pennant winner of our generation, if not all time.

*Bursts into song*

When you wish upon a star makes no difference who you are anything your heart desires will come to you. If your heart is in your dream no request is too extreme when you wish upon a star as dreamers do. Like a bolt out of the blue fate steps in and sees you through. When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

*end song*

GO CRAZY KANSAS CITY! GO CRAZY!

Congratulations again to the American League Champion Kansas City Royals, their fans, and their city! :)
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #414 on: October 15, 2014, 07:07:56 PM »
Royals are certainly up there with the 2007 Rockies and the 2008 Rays, but what a run. We'll see you in KC on Tuesday night for Game 1 or the World Series.
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #415 on: October 15, 2014, 07:20:23 PM »
I've already gone over how disappointing it is, so let's look at the positives!

As with the Royals, no one expected us to be here. Many projected the O's to be last in the division. This has definitely been a fulfilling season.

I was cheering for the Royals before the ALCS, so I might as well pick up where I left off for the the World Series.

Just to note, those '07 Rockies who swept the LDS and LCS, were subsequently swept in the World Series. Let's hope the Royals can avoid that fate.

By virtue of the Wild Card game, the Royals are now the first team in MLB history to win the first eight games of the postseason.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Johnnya2k4

• Walking the Golden Road
    • The AllenBlog
« Reply #416 on: October 15, 2014, 07:53:47 PM »
Now all we need is for St. Louis to come from behind and win the next three games in a row! "Show Me" Series, anyone?

(By the way...one of my cousins played a season or two with the Royals in the early '90s)

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #417 on: October 15, 2014, 07:56:37 PM »
By virtue of the Wild Card game, the Royals are now the first team in MLB history to win the first eight games of the postseason.

This also ties an all-time postseason record; with the 75-76 Reds, who won Game 7 of the 1975 World Series, behind Joe Morgan's top 9 single, infamously after the Fisk waved fair home run game, followed by a 7-0 sweep of everyone the next year-that's never been done otherwise. Closest is 2005 White Sox and 1999 Yankees, who both were 11-1.

Now all we need is for St. Louis to come from behind and win the next three games in a row! "Show Me" Series, anyone?

Missouri loves company!
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #418 on: October 15, 2014, 09:49:32 PM »
Kansas City have been undefeated in the playoffs thus far, and this is their first trip to the World Series since they won it all in 1985
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #419 on: October 16, 2014, 12:04:13 AM »
Giants are one win away from an all wild-card World Series.