Author Topic: SHOWER GAME  (Read 6466 times)

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
SHOWER GAME
« on: April 02, 2014, 12:11:19 PM »
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 12:16:24 PM by Seth »

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: SHOWER GAME
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 12:19:25 PM »
While I understand why some disliked the theme of Shower Game, I thought it was pretty cool.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 12:23:53 PM »
I don't think there are enough words to express how awesome this is. This might be the largest quickest game in the show's history. That was really quick.

Wink Martindale might just win the year if he keeps posting gems like this and the pilots he's posted.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 12:26:27 PM »
This clip shows why I think "The Feud" is the best car cue the show ever had.  It fit the excitement of the new car's reveal, and Breslow's cutting from contestant to audience and back coincided with the beats in the music beautifully.

I do hope that we'll see the original Penny Ante, Telephone Game, and Finish Line someday.  Kudos to Wink Martindale (yes, THE Wink Martindale) for uploading this.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 12:31:06 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 12:28:59 PM »
This is great. I am so mad at the car cue, though! That's a win!
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 03:01:49 PM »
I think the game was meant to be in good fun instead of – as has been suggested – bringing back bad memories of the Holocaust. It was good to see the game played and Bob have a good time playing off the contestant, especially when it appeared he was going to take off his shirt.

Then again, I can see why it was short-lived. Still, thanks for posting and I'm glad I got to see it.

Brian

Offline jlgarfield

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Rider Pride!
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 03:19:52 PM »
WOW. That prop musta cost a fortune to make. Look at the size of that thing! That said, I can see why it was retired (mostly because of its rather anti-climatic nature). Even so, what a great thing to see!

Offline Timotheus

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Give it a whooz, Dan.
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 04:57:27 PM »
Yeah, the game is pretty dull - Bob just reading 6 possible car prices seemed interminable, and the win was pretty anticlimactic. It's cool that this has finally surfaced, and with such great quality, but I'm not sad it's gone.

Offline SplitSecond

• In the Audience
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 05:24:28 PM »
Hey guys! Passing along a message from Wink:

"Tell the guys at Golden Road they have my deepest thanks for their kind words. If they're big fans of other game shows, they might want to check out the Dragon shirts we're selling this week to benefit my favorite charity, Dream Factory. It would mean a lot to me if as many of them as possible bought a shirt and helped raise some money for kids who really need it. - Wink"

More about the Dragon shirt (goes on sale Friday morning, 4/4): http://winkshirt.jrjgames.com
More about Dream Factory: http://www.dreamfactoryinc.org/
Wink's Facebook where he'll be posting more Price goodies: http://www.facebook.com/WinkMartindaleGames

Offline jlgarfield

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Rider Pride!
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 10:53:20 PM »
On another note, I did get a good chuckle out of the contestant playing this game stripping a bit; he musta been a bit eager to play the game!

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 11:47:07 PM »
Never thought we would see a playing of Shower Game surface on YouTube.  This was a treat to see. 

Offline tpirman1982

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My TPIR Fanpage
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 03:57:36 AM »
Never thought we would see a playing of Shower Game surface on YouTube.  This was a treat to see.

I agree. Nice to see this game.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 09:38:37 AM »
IMO this game is Six Price Tags but with jeopardy involving wrong car guesses. That said, I feel confetti is more appropriate for a Nickelodeon-type game show, and I feel this game is just too silly to fit the show. And I don't understand why money ends the game yet confetti doesn't; shouldn't money be seen as a good thing whereas something else means too bad? I'm not surprised it got retired.

That said, in addition to those requests by goldroadfanatic, I'd love to see the debut of the Bonus Spin and the debut of Punch-a-Bunch (with original rules) from this time. Season 7 remains the least known season in the show's history due to GSN airing just one episode.

So we've gotten a UK SOTC from the early '70s, three NY It's Academics from the '60s, and now these great finds in just the past couple weeks. Nice to hear Wink again.  :oldlol:
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline 03F5man

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 10:33:45 AM »
that is one big prop for a pricing game I think it was a good game

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 12:22:31 PM »
I was surprised that the Family Feud theme was used for this game.........That's one of my fave game show themes. This probably would be a good concept but the premise of the game didn't seemed to be much of a challenge, though. Nevertheless, it was cool to see this.