Author Topic: OBIT - Anna Nicole Smith  (Read 5447 times)

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
OBIT - Anna Nicole Smith
« on: February 08, 2007, 03:50:43 PM »
The one-time model was found unconscious in her hotel room in Florida.  Fox News reports she died at the hospital.  She's been the subject of numerous lawsuits, most recently regarding her endorsement of TrimSpa.  She was 39-years-old.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
Re: OBIT - Anna Nicole Smith
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 04:00:03 PM »
The gossip shows and magazines will be soiling themselves covering this and running it into the ground.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 04:12:19 PM »

Ccook wrote:
The gossip shows and magazines will be soiling themselves covering this and running it into the ground.

I'm not really sure about that.  Anyways, the story has crossed the  Yahoo/AP News wire.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 04:55:25 PM »
It's now official---Anna Nicole Smith is officially dead at 39.  That is pretty young to die in my honest opinion.  Yahoo has the news, Google, etc.  Gosh, her whole life is controversial.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 04:59:59 PM »
Richie, do you read before you respond? It's already been established, thus...

Axl said:
Fox News reports she died at the hospital. ... She was 39-years-old.

You're over an hour late to the party, pal.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 05:01:31 PM »
Sorry.  I just read the news on yahoo just a few minutes ago.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 05:11:34 PM »

Richie wrote:
It's now official---Anna Nicole Smith is officially dead at 39.  That is pretty young to die in my honest opinion.

That is very young in my opinion. I was actually getting ready to post this after hearing about it on K-love radio. It's very shocking. I'm almost wondering with all of the public problems she's dealt with in her life that this is a case of suicide. I hate saying it, but that's what I'm believing.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline AndyL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • Andy's MovieZone
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 05:33:54 PM »
Holy cow-I honestly don't know HOW to feel.  I'm sad she died so young.  But when I think about her lifestyle, I honestly can't say it's a shocking event.  Again, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, just sorting this out.
"Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Don't you step on its skin
  Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Womble up de rubbish and put it in de bin!"

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 05:41:08 PM »
That really put a downer on my day. She was a good actress and all. She just had a baby too. One good side to this is that she will be able to see her son again.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 09:21:53 PM »
Is it wrong not to care about this?

I mean, it's a shame she's dead, and I feel bad for her baby, who will grow up without his mother (and does anyone even know who the kid's father is yet?)...but in the grand scheme of things, I've never really been all that interested in Anna Nicole Smith.  Frankly, I'm a lot more broken up about Fran Winkler, my 12th grade economics teacher who died yesterday morning at age 61 of a massive heart attack.

EDIT:  Just to clarify after seeing Sonic's post, Fran Winkler is a man.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline LaurenC09

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 10:10:29 PM »
Does anyone know where her baby is?? It's only around 5 or 6 months old, so why was it not with her in that hotel room??

Offline Marcello L. Silva

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 10:12:16 PM »
Hey Steve, Sorry to hear about your 12th grade economics teacher, my condolences to him, and also i'm with you there, I never really personally cared about Anna Nicole Smith, either, I'm sorry that she died and all that stuff but personally never cared, but I do feel sorry for the baby.

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 10:24:39 PM »
I'm afraid I'm going to have to go with Steve on this one.  Yes, it's sad that she died, but let's be realistic.  This is not a great loss to the acting or modeling communities.  She's clearly had some problems in the last few years - many of her own doing.  She was given a chance to be somebody, and she didn't make the most of it.  She married an 80-something billionaire for love?  Uh, okay.  Her son died from drug-related medical complications.  She had another child, and was in the middle of a fight to see who the father was?  We're not talking a model citizen here.  I'm sorry her baby will grow up without a mom, torn between two men who claim to be her dad.  THAT is sad.  Anna's death?  The result of some very bad decisions in her life.

And Steve, I'm very sorry to hear about your teacher.  She obviously had a big influence on you.
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 11:19:02 PM »
Okay. I was in little shock but a little bit of awe on this one. I have not seen nor heard of any news about this until a coulple of hours ago on a news bumper. At first I was going to predict that someone invlolved in her life has died. But when it was Anna herself, I was like, "Whoa! Unbelievable!"

For me, it all started with her appearance on "Naked Gun 33 1/3." I thought she was going to be like all the other models/celebrities out there. Well she was all that until now.

I wonder what's going to happen now? Will some of these networks air some of her programs? Will GSN air her episodes of H2 in memory? I don't know. It may doesn't even matter what's going to happen.

Death sucks.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 01:43:43 PM »
First Steve Irwin, now Anna Nicole Smith? What's this world coming to?