Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/13/2007  (Read 28041 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/13/2007
« on: February 13, 2007, 02:27:56 PM »

Production #3882K - Taped Jan. 5, 2007

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: right to left

Handoff: Lanisha

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Gabrielle Tuite

Wearing: Necessitees

1   Hatteras Roman Arc Hammock (G)

TERESA 550
SAMUEL *800
ERIKA 1000
NAOMI 1
($811)

Samuel plays BONUS GAME for a Chevy Aveo LT (Std., AT)(R)($14,865)

(Remington) Rotary Shaver$125LOWER$114*NO
(Cooks) Coffee Maker25HIGHER40*NO
(Silhouette) Steam Iron30LOWER24*BONUS
Retrostyle Telephone50HIGHER60*NOWIN!

2   highbrowfurniture.com Rapid Rocker/MidNite Sleep Aid (L)

+Teresa 450
TERRENCE 300
+Erika *650
+Naomi 550
($1475)
STUPID BID

Erika plays LUCKY SEVEN for a Jeep Wranger X (Std., AC, Cap)(All)

Picks:7 5 5 5
Price:   $1 9 6 7 5
Bucks:7 5 4 2 1WIN!

3   Horizon EX65 Elliptical Trainer/Capzasin P (R)

+Teresa 2100
Terrance 1500
TORRIN *400
+Naomi 1200
($999)

Torrin plays BALANCE GAME '06 for a Runco 32" LCD HDTV Monitor and a Vaughan-Bassett Grandma's Keepsake Entertainment Center (L)

[ 294 ][1000][2000] [3000] 
[5294]LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1

$1,039Torrin95 stay.95Through to Showcase Round
15,914Samuel45 +   5.50
21,190Erika65 + 75OV

4   High Sierra AT 4 pc Luggage Set/Gold Bond Cream (G)

+Teresa 700
Terrence 550
JENNIFER 600
+Naomi *750
($820)

Naomi, a laid-back Beach Bumette, plays PICK A PAIR for a trip to Washington, BC (SW Airlines Vacations; 5n)(L&R)($2692)

(2) Francesco Rinaldi Pasta Sauce$1.99
(5) (Uncle Ben's) Instant Brown Rice1.99WIN!

(1) Space Bag (Large)
(3) Purina Cat Chow (bag)
(4) (Airborne Jr.) Supplement
(6) (Tresseme) Shampoo

5   3 Elk Retropolitan Lamps (L)

+Teresa 450
Terrence 350
Jennifer *625
BRENT 595
($669)
STUPID BID #2

Jennifer plays TEMPTATION for a Dodge Charger (Std., Stability, Mats)(G)

(JVC) Hard Disk Camcorder$20000/22No Changes
Noritake Turning Point Stemware4644/66Goes for Car
Cold Hard Cash9393/93Jennifer: $22,630
MediRub Foot/Body Massagers   5000/50Car: $22,630
$3897WIN!

The table is once again set for another laggard at the "First Four" Breakfast Club. Today it could be Teresa. Room for one more. Will she be the next?

6   (Gamma) His/Hers Tennis Equipment (G)
+Teresa 650
Terrence 651
ASHLEY *550
Brent 625
($607)

Teresa heads off to the clubhouse while Ashley plays SIDE BY SIDE for a Sonoma Symphony Spa (L&R)

$(82)<--90   WIN!

SHOWDOWN #2

$3,552Naomi35 + 25.60
8,897Ashley50 + 85OVThrough to Showcase Round
26,517Jennifer30 + 10.40

SHOWCASE ROUND

Naomi has the honor.

SC1-Torrin

LOLA'S LEMONS (G)
$1000
GA Systems Home Soda Fountain (L&R)
Hi Lo Towlite Telescoping Lemon Squ ... er, Travel Trailer (All)
BID$15,000
PRICE31,102
DIFF- 16,102
TOTAL$32,141

SC2-Naomi

Aegean Sleepwear
Magnussen Ashby Bedroom Group
Bemco Posture Fairfax Sleep Set (R)
Trip to Copenhagen, DEN (6n @ Clarion)(L)
BID$17,500
PRICE13,469
DIFFOVER

Today's Pricing Games: 5 for 6 (...if only Torrin hadn't been so unbalanced!)

Total Winnings: $109,211 (5th highest show winnings this season to date)

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/13/2007
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 02:39:22 PM »
This is one of the best shows of the season, IMHO.

Once I saw Bonus Game, I knew instantly it was for a car.  And deservingly so...it was set up to be lost.  That iron was a very tough choice, and it does NOT surprise me that the bonus was there.  I'm going to start the echoes...Bart's direction at the end of that game sucked.

Lucky $even's reveal with all three models in the Jeep was awesome.  I honestly wish they would do that more often.  Oh...and Erika played that game excellently.

Balance Game?  Bleh.

Nice to see Tempty (after I thought it was Card Game).  I thought she should run with the prizes (good crop today!), but she went for it, and, to my personal surprise, won.

Side by Side?  Sixth?  After all of this?  :insert dancing DOB clipboard here:

I finally figured out a PRACTICAL use for a Hi-Lo trailer. :D  That had to be one of the top showcase themes this season.  It wouldn't have been complete without the Hi-Lo trailer though.

And something to ponder...yesterday's show had the #5 slot in winnings for 24 hours.  Shows the budget is going out the window...and fast.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 02:59:42 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown (Bonus Game, Side by Side).

Bonus Game -- ?:??
Lucky $even -- 2:40
Balance Game -- 2:17
Pick-a-Pair -- 1:56
Temptation -- 4:58
Side by Side -- 1:18

If somebody could help me out and time the Bonus Game playing from the moment it was revealed to the commercial, that would be great -- I missed the first half of it because of a special weather report...

tpirfan28 wrote: I'm going to start the echoes...Bart's direction at the end of that game sucked.
I agree, 100%

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 03:29:10 PM »
Bidding Round #1- #161, Naomi! :-D

Lucky Seven- Yet again, picking five for the last number wins it. That's been a lock this season.

Bidding Round #6- #162, Ashley! :-D

Showcase- Another hottie gets shot down in the Showcase. :-(

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Jennifer.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Decent show... Grade: 2

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 03:31:01 PM »
I was there for today's and yesterday's show.  It was just great and I won a personal bet in the studio when they were getting ready for Lucky $even.  Here's an in-studio hint, if you see the turntable being pushed out during the commercial break, it's Lucky $even.  Also, I found out the hard and embarssing way to NOT ask Bob about Chuck Barris and The Family Game.  He just quickly said that I was another young adolescent male who wanted him to have a Happy Gilmore sequel and to say the phrase.  All in all great fun and this is when it started getting really bad out in the lines as well.  On this day, I had Priority Number 140, and I was the last person who got in the studio.

jimlange

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 03:36:18 PM »
I am such a dufus. I didn't watch today's show, because of all the fun I saw yesterday, and I thought it would be too hard to top a show with 3 Strikes. Well, I was dead wrong.

Bonus Game: I can't believe a perfect playing happened when it was played for a car. Samuel played this wonderfully, and stopped the Dob by saying a cheap iron was even cheaper.

Lucky Seven: Easy, because Jeeps are usually won all the time here when offered. Five wins in a row, now, I do believe, for this game now.

Balance Game: Another loss for this game. When's the last time this has been won?

SSD1: Both car winners defeated! Ouch.

Pick-a-Pair: It was won!

Temptation: I can't believe this was won AGAIN. And when's the last time I've seen a $22K car offered here. You don't see back-to-back appearances of the same digit here, except for today.

Side-by-Side: Easy.

Showcases: Torrin, you were just too smart for your own good. That was NOT the same cheap trailer offered last week. But it didn't matter.

Overall: This was, on paper, an even better show than yesterday. I am so stupid.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 03:44:08 PM »
Bob's buildup in Bonus Game was great.  This is the first perfect playing this season so far, and it was easy to tell if one of the prizes was actually higher or lower!

Erika was fun to watch.  I loved her reaction as the Jeep was rolled out.  It was even more amazing that she was able to win after having only $2 left.

I was not expecting Temptation to show up for another few weeks.  I was worried that the last number would be a 5 and it was not!  This makes the second win for Temptation this season and another win since the losing streak was broken!

Another rarity with Temptation-all four prize podiums were used today!

I don't know why Side By Side was revealed prematurely.  Once I saw the numbers, I had a feeling that that Sonoma Symphony Spa was in the offering.

I was shocked at how cheap the second showcase was.  The bedroom or the trip to Denmark must be inexpensive!
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 04:13:08 PM »
Bonus Game: Nice way to ruin a perfectly good set up Bart! Anyways it was still won. I knew that iron would be lower than $30.

Lucky Seven: Excellent playing by Erika with just $2 left.

Balance Game: I guessed $4294 as the price and be wrong as well unexpectedly.

Pick-A-Pair: Piece a cake.

Temptation: I thought she had the car price wrong there. Shows how I know.

IUFB #6: I thought Terrence had it there. I really wanted him out of contestant's row. What a shame.

Side By Side: Guessed $8290 as well. Pretty easy.

Showcases: I definitely smelled the DOB after hearing the cheap price of that second showcase.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 04:25:15 PM »
A very exciting show, and I'm glad I didn't miss it!

Bonus Game: The way Bob built excitement before showing the bonus prize made me (correctly) believe that the prize was a car.  I missed the iron and would have lost the game.  That sure was tough.

Balance Game '06: Even before I saw the bags, I knew the prize was in either in the $5,000 or $6,000 range, and since there was no way to get $6,000 I knew the prize was $5,294.  Too bad that game was lost.

Temptation: As with almost every other playing, I would have taken the prizes.  Unless I'm very confident, I don't like to go for the car.  Besides, there is usually more than $3,000 worth of merchandise, and I'd be happy with that.  I was very surprised Jennifer won, especially since the choices for the last digit were 0 and 5.  (My guess was $22,635.)

Side by Side: Very easy playing.  I was surprised that it was shown before the prize was shown, but I liked it.

SC1 My bid: $29,400 / ARP: $31,102 / Diff: $1,702
SC2 My bid: $16,075 / ARP: $13,469 / OVER

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 04:44:06 PM »

BobboChung wrote:
I didn't watch today's show, because of all the fun I saw yesterday, and I thought it would be too hard to top a show with 3 Strikes.

...I have no words. I doubt Steve or Frank will, either. :-?

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 04:51:28 PM »
One-Bid #1:  Fireball Hottie #25--Erika!  :-P

PG #1:  WHOO!  Annual playing of Bonus Game first for a car!  :-P  You'd think that with a car at stake, Roger would've made this setup much harder.  This was almost a forced win.

PG #2:  Slate shot!  :-D  And L7 continues its fabulous winning streak.  I must admit the third and fourth numbers were evil.  I thought for sure one of those numbers would be a 3.

PG #3:  $3,294 = THAT'S NOT ENOUGH!  I doubt that $3,294 even covers the price of the TV.

PG #4:  And speaking of forced wins, here's the queen mother of all forced-win PGs.

PG #5:  Temptation?!  Where the hell did this come from?!  The price was HARD.  That's a nominee for "Dobstopper of the Year".  Man, when was the last time Tempty was won twice in a row?

PG #6:  SIDE BY SIDE?!  Where the hell did this come from #2?!  And I can't believe this game actually got spoiled today.  I also can't believe that a perfect show got ruined by Balance Game and not Temptation.

Showcase #1:  "STAGE GARF!"

Showcase #2:  "Fireball Special alert!"

My showcase bids:
FRTS--$24,520
Random room/bikes--$13,333
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 05:10:53 PM »
Bonus: Perfectly played. Even I predicted it to be played for a car.

Lucky 7: Erika was another BLAST!! Her reactions to the car was great and so was the way she played.

Balance: Another loss...Figures.

PickPair: Could've the way this game was won more obvious?

Temptation: 2 in a row!!

Side: Nice win.

Showcases: An uber-cheap bedroom showcase has DOB written all over it. I liked the airplane in the 1st showcase. :-D

I'll give this one 3.75 stars.

Excellent.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 05:41:11 PM »
Bonus Game-The last time it was played for a car, it resulted in a wipeout.  This time, it resulted in an EXACTA!  That was kind of weird, though, of the reveal.  Bob showed the right price for the last item, and the Bonus windows were lit up at the same time.

Lucky $even-Slate shot!  And another great win.  Neat how they showed her reaction when Bob pitched to commercial.

Balance Game-I thought the TV would be $4294.

IUFB #4-Another day with 3 GP plugs!

Pick-a-Pair-Easy as always.

Temptation-WHOA, that's a suprise it's back so quick.  And it's won????  Goodness, the moment she said the car was $22K, I immediately thought she lost.  2nd time in a row it's been won!

Side by Side-Easy.

A great 5 of 6 day!
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 06:50:31 PM »
Good show today-good games played for the most part, good contestants, good wins.

Bonus Game: That shot as Bob and Samuel were heading to the turntable was just flat out AWFUL. Nice to see Bonus again. The first time it was played for a car this season we saw a wipeout, this time? A clean sweep. Great playing by Samuel.

L7: Yet another win in this game-it's been red hot lately.

Balance Game: When was the last time this was won?

Pick-a-Pair: That's about as easy as it can get.

Temptation: 5th again. Yay!!!!!!!! The last two times Tempty has shown up it has been in the 5th slot and both times it has been won.

Side by Side: Whoa. Can't believe Sidey showed up today and so soon as well-less than two weeks after its last playing.

Showcases: There's your "el cheapo" random furniture showcase.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 07:59:39 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6654

Lola's Lemons
To quote Agatha Trunchbull from the 1996 film Matilda:
Wormwood! Sell me a lemon?

We don't give away lemons on TPIR.

GA Systems Soda Fountain - Of course $5,850
Hi Lo 22' Tow Lite Trailer - $24,252

Showcase #2
Aegean Sleepwear - $560
Magnussen Ashby Bedroom (first appearance on TPIR, $4,700) and Bemco - $5,799.
Trip to Copenhagen - I'm pulling one up...$7,110

Modeling Report Card for February 13, 2007, Lanisha's 25th birthday
Score to beat:  $71,669

Now those are high modeling totals!  The lowest I see is $69,835.

Rachel reaches another milestone
At the spa, Rachel has broken the $15,000,000 mark!  It took Rachel 2,718 prizes to reach such a milestone.  She's expected to reach $16,000,000 by May 10.

You don't know the price of 26 prizes and three grocery supplies?  It's $127,653.