Author Topic: Wink Martindale's Awesome Non-Price Clips and Episodes: The Ongoing Thread  (Read 166050 times)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: Wink Martindale's Awesome Non-Price Clips and Episodes: The Ongoing Thread
« Reply #195 on: September 22, 2016, 06:49:30 PM »
Wink posted a bit of this last year, but now here's the full 2006 pilot of All New Catch Phrase, with Todd Newton.

"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2017, 04:47:49 AM »
Wink recently uploaded the third pilot for the Reg Grundy show Keynotes from 1986, which did not sell in the US (it did in the UK and Australia). Kevin O'Connell from Go was host and Marc Summers was announcer.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 04:52:13 AM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2017, 05:05:16 AM »
Wink uploaded another pilot to YouTube. This time, it's the third pilot for Star Words from 1983, which was in the running to replace Child's Play but lost to Press Your Luck. Pilot #1 previously aired on Buzzr's "Lost & Found."

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2017, 06:45:11 PM »
Here's something I've wanted to see for a while, one of the 1978 Spell Binders pilots, hosted by Bill Anderson.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 06:47:23 PM by goldroadfanatic »

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2017, 11:55:34 AM »
Here's something I've wanted to see for a while, one of the 1978 Spell Binders pilots, hosted by Bill Anderson.

Being as big a country music fan as I am, it seemed weird seeing Bill hosting a show. He was such a great guest, but I ouodnt have dreamed of him being a host!
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2017, 04:56:04 PM »
Being as big a country music fan as I am, it seemed weird seeing Bill hosting a show.
In that case, I suggest you look up The Better Sex (ABC, 1977-78) and Fandango (TNN, 1983-89).
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline jaywilliams

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #203 on: December 18, 2017, 09:54:45 PM »
Wink recently uploaded the third pilot for the Reg Grundy show Keynotes from 1986, which did not sell in the US (it did in the UK and Australia). Kevin O'Connell from Go was host and Marc Summers was announcer.

After viewing this pilot on YouTube a couple weeks ago, I think Keynotes should have sold to CBS here in the states, it would have gotten a decent run here in the US.
Jay Williams

Offline jaywilliams

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #204 on: December 18, 2017, 09:58:39 PM »
Wink uploaded another pilot to YouTube. This time, it's the third pilot for Star Words from 1983, which was in the running to replace Child's Play but lost to Press Your Luck. Pilot #1 previously aired on Buzzr's "Lost & Found."

After seeing both pilots of Star Words on YouTube, I knew CBS made the right choice in selecting Press Your Luck to succeed Child's Play in the fall of 1983.
Jay Williams

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2018, 05:17:18 PM »
Tomorrow at 3:00 PM Pacific Time (6:00 PM Eastern, 5:00 PM Central), Wink will host a livestream on his Facebook page. To warm viewers up, here's the pilot for the show he hosted after Tic Tac Dough in 1985, Headline Chasers.

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2018, 07:02:57 PM »
OMG - they are playing TTD on Facebook Live - no words just awesome
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2018, 07:22:44 PM »
Kudos to Wink and John Ricci Jr. for putting this livestream on. There were plenty of laughs and it's great to see Wink back hosting. Also, John did an impeccable job recreating the graphics to emulate the look and feel of the show from 40 years ago.

There are three different games on Wink's Facebook page. Check them out if you can.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 07:29:19 PM by goldroadfanatic »

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #208 on: September 15, 2018, 08:02:04 PM »
I thought Star Words was okay—think Password meets Tattletales—but had all the earmarks of a 13-weeker along the lines of Blackout. Nipsey Russell did have some nice hosting chops.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #209 on: September 15, 2018, 08:16:24 PM »
Nipsey Russell was a great panelist but horrible host. Way too loud and lost when it comes to hosting.