Author Topic: Wink Martindale's Awesome Non-Price Clips and Episodes: The Ongoing Thread  (Read 166208 times)

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Wink Martindale's Awesome Non-Price Clips and Episodes: The Ongoing Thread
« Reply #255 on: November 21, 2019, 07:23:03 PM »
an episode of Dawson Feud (from '77) and a bonus clip with a familiar family (from Feud's past)

Neat to see a rare time where the winning family doesn't return next show due to unforeseen circumstances AND a family from the pilot returning too. Did anyone catch incidentally...that Richard made an error in FM? He didn't get back to the weed question that was passed in 1st half. I couldn't tell how much time was left based on the timecode blocking things (only thing I hate about timecoded shows and clips, they obscure some of what's on screen and in a show like this important stuff at that), but looked like there was at least a few seconds left. I would imagine if FM was that close, they mighta given the $5k out after the fact if it was discovered.

Offline namilliron

• In the Audience
« Reply #256 on: November 22, 2019, 07:12:10 PM »
Don't know if he could swing a deal with WGBH and show at least one 1970s ZOOM game segment.

Highly unlikely he/his site would, but it's an idea.

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #257 on: December 25, 2019, 06:30:07 PM »
Going to bump this to bring you a rare 1978 High Rollers pilot that Wink has posted:

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #258 on: January 17, 2020, 08:54:54 PM »
Whew! is coming to Wink's channel.

CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline jlgarfield

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Rider Pride!
« Reply #259 on: January 23, 2020, 03:32:01 PM »
- Here it is, the full Whew! pilot! :D

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #260 on: January 23, 2020, 09:48:00 PM »
The Unsinkable Maggie Brown strikes again.  Hope she's doing well today. 

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #261 on: January 23, 2020, 10:29:47 PM »
Given how rampant he was in those days, surprised they didn't book Jack Campion for it.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #262 on: January 23, 2020, 11:51:52 PM »
That pilot was an interesting watch to say the least......between the different music that really didn't fit the show.....the complete lack of it at ALL for the Gauntlet run, and more than even those things Tom Kennedy's SUPER HIGH enthusiam to the point of SEVERE overkill during the entire show, it was a bit of a tough watch for me personally. And I say that as someone who respects Tom and his work a lot. But this was really not good IMO. I'm glad the kinks got worked out on all levels before it made air. Wouldn't have lasted even as long as it did I don't think otherwise.

Offline jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
« Reply #263 on: January 26, 2020, 07:43:04 PM »
I actually like the Whew! concept for its "Guess the Blooper" aspect. It made the show hilarious, I think. It deserved a longer run, for sure.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #264 on: January 26, 2020, 08:13:57 PM »
I actually like the Whew! concept for its "Guess the Blooper" aspect. It made the show hilarious, I think. It deserved a longer run, for sure.
I think the big problem is that the pace is so frenetic, you can't really enjoy the humor in the bloopers most of the time.  And it's really hard to play along i think.  I enjoy the show, but I can see why it did not last particularly long.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #265 on: January 26, 2020, 09:51:07 PM »
I think the big problem is that the pace is so frenetic, you can't really enjoy the humor in the bloopers most of the time.

That's what Tom Kennedy himself said in his recent interview he did. It was a show that was funny...but with no time to really absorb the funny. Would need to be tweaked/changed somehow for it to work so that that could shine as intended. Was too serious a format for its' own good.

Offline jmorgan

« Reply #266 on: February 12, 2020, 04:50:10 PM »
Here's the pilot version of Scattergories from the UK that's much different than the version that aired in the US in 1993.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Here's the pilot for Initial Reaction, an unsold game show from 1975. Enjoy!

CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Here's a real treat: the second pilot for the Eubanks version of Card Sharks, from 1985. Interestingly, this was taped several months before the series' premiere, which aired in January 1986.

"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!

Wink's Trivial Pursuit pilot is now up. :D