Author Topic: Live Chat with Drew  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
Live Chat with Drew
« on: September 22, 2014, 05:40:49 PM »
Drew is doing a live chat right now on CBS.com, http://www.cbs.com/connect/events/1000309/, and he was asked what games he would like to bring back. He says his number one choice is Credit Card, but wants a credit card company to sponsor it. He also says it would be fun to bring Professor Price back for one show as a joke. Good questions so far. Anybody ask him anything?

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Live Chat with Drew
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 05:45:26 PM »
His best answer so far ( they asked what game he would be good at ) was Cover-Up: sandbagging the 1st number on purpose for an extra turn.

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 06:03:44 PM »
turns out some Lawyer-y thing caused the end of vintage cars

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 06:05:26 PM »
Drew does not have a least favorite game, but did say he strongly dislikes playing Stack the Deck and That's Too Much!. Seems to be a pretty common feeling around here as well. :-)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 06:15:43 PM »

Can that same lawyer-y thing cause an end to the constant influx of electronics, trips, and designer goods? Please? :lol:
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 06:16:48 PM »
The cool part of the chat: my Tweet Question was answer by Drew: Which was , What's your favorite Car ever offered on the Show?

Offline djsquare

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • tpirmodels.com
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 07:51:31 PM »
Uh, and what was his answer?

Offline plinko2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 07:52:39 PM »

What exactly was that thing?

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 08:35:58 PM »
My question was re-tweeted by CBS Daytime (so I kinda thought it would get in the mix), but it didn't get answered
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 08:36:50 PM »
What exactly was that thing?
drew didnt' know himself, so who knows

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 10:00:24 PM »
It's too bad this doesn't appear to be archived anywhere... It would have been nice to see the transcript.

Offline greg

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 09:31:40 AM »
I am kind of surprised he's heard of Professor Price...maybe he is also familiar with Hurdles, Penny Ante, & Finish Line...

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »
It's too bad this doesn't appear to be archived anywhere... It would have been nice to see the transcript.

Well, you are in luck. They just posted it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX9E4raWhEU

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 12:39:07 PM »
It was a nice chat I enjoy it.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Online SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 02:59:33 PM »
drew didnt' know himself, so who knows

Just a guess: something to do with taxation. Since a classic car--unlike a new one--is ultimately worth only as much as someone is willing to pay for it, someone may have balked at the taxes they had to pay and somehow created a legal headache for the show.