Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/21/2014  (Read 12720 times)

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/21/2014
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 10:34:11 PM »
The Time is Money loss does answer one question; the money counts down at exactly $500/second.  (At least, it does now.  I have a feeling the speed has been tweaked at least once.)

Offline joshlemere

• Outside in Line
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 10:36:25 PM »
There are hardly any words to describe the disaster of this show. Some brutal setups (1 Right Price, Check Game), bad gameplay (Time is Money), and unfortunate luck (Cover Up), all resulting in a skunked show. Let's move on...

...but first, congrats to joshlemere for his appearance and making it up on stage! If you could reveal some interesting things that happened today, that'd be cool!

And Adam—is there a way the LOSS for TiM (maybe even the sub-$5,000 amounts) could be red instead of green? It would look better.

Thank you - I am so sad that this was a skunked show, but it was the show I was on so I loved it!  The girl playing TiM didn't know what was going on.  She didn't listen to Drew carefully enough.  She protested and ask to play the 10 second time limit again, but Drew said no.

Also - they are editing out overbids!

On the first IUFB, we had 2 consecutive overbids on the tv.  That's why you see me shout $1 with such pride and emotion!

I was so nervous playing Pathfinder.  I created my original path, envisioning a "5" at the end of the car (ah.....the good 'ole Barker days), but it wasn't meant to be.

When they did the look of the week, Rachel was missing half of her supplies, so it took them about 20 minutes to find the purse and the luggage and they had to re-shoot that entire segment.

Overall, we had an amazing time at the show.  I became great friends with Rhonda (the runner-up) and am looking forward to my trips.  I'll be happy to provide more information if you are curious.

By the way, on my itemized list, the trip to Chicago is nearly as much as the trip to Australia!!

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 10:47:48 PM »
^ I can think of a few reasons the Chicago trip would be that much, but then again I'm not an expert on hotels.

Good to hear you had fun on the show!
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 10:51:04 PM »
Thank you - I am so sad that this was a skunked show, but it was the show I was on so I loved it!  The girl playing TiM didn't know what was going on.  She didn't listen to Drew carefully enough.  She protested and ask to play the 10 second time limit again, but Drew said no.

On the first IUFB, we had 2 consecutive overbids on the tv.  That's why you see me shout $1 with such pride and emotion!

I was so nervous playing Pathfinder.  I created my original path, envisioning a "5" at the end of the car (ah.....the good 'ole Barker days), but it wasn't meant to be.

When they did the look of the week, Rachel was missing half of her supplies, so it took them about 20 minutes to find the purse and the luggage and they had to re-shoot that entire segment.

Overall, we had an amazing time at the show.  I became great friends with Rhonda (the runner-up) and am looking forward to my trips.  I'll be happy to provide more information if you are curious.

By the way, on my itemized list, the trip to Chicago is nearly as much as the trip to Australia!!

Was the tape date listed on the back of your shirt? i noticed the one time you had your back turned, that put that play at home plug on the TV during the 2nd SCSD. 

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 11:20:27 PM »
OK..........So I guess they are doing that now. Well, all things considered........And despite them buying more tomato juice to wash away the stink of this episode ( :P), you did won some trips, so that's good. Glad you enjoy yourself.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2014, 12:34:54 AM »
OK..........So I guess they are doing that now. Well, all things considered........And despite them buying more tomato juice to wash away the stink of this episode ( :P), you did won some trips, so that's good. Glad you enjoy yourself.

I believe you misunderstood and thought he was talking about showcases (as per the recent thread questioning if they were editing out DOB's), when he was actually talking about one bids - as his next sentence stated. We already knew they were editing overbids in contestants row.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2014, 12:36:50 AM »
I've never seen Check Game that mean.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline 1DC

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2014, 12:54:37 AM »
I've never seen Check Game that mean.

I believe there was a time late in Barker's tenure as host that there was a prize in Check Game worth $4,000. (And that was when the winning range was $5,000-$6,000)

That contestant who played Time is Money wasn't the fastest contestant I've ever seen. But as Barker might say, she made history by being the first contestant to win $0 in the new version of Time is Money.
And were those pumpkins on the cards at the start of Cover Up?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 12:58:40 AM by 1DC »

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2014, 12:59:09 AM »
I believe you misunderstood and thought he was talking about showcases (as per the recent thread questioning if they were editing out DOB's), when he was actually talking about one bids - as his next sentence stated. We already knew they were editing overbids in contestants row.
Yeah, I didn't know that until a 1/2 hour later (Although I did knew about the editing of going over on one-bids, but I got that confused too quickly), then it was too late for me to edit the post.  :oops:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 01:04:34 AM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2014, 06:38:11 AM »
A budget show...in the middle of October?

Thank you - I am so sad that this was a skunked show, but it was the show I was on so I loved it!
[...]
Overall, we had an amazing time at the show. I became great friends with Rhonda (the runner-up) and am looking forward to my trips. I'll be happy to provide more information if you are curious.
Fascinating stuff, sir. Mind you, your entire post was, but these are the portions I wished to quote so I could indeed congratulate you. :-)

Further, I would expect a spinning gold star and "TPIR Alumnus" title to appear under your name in due time. :-)

You could win Check Game with a check with three digits. It was better than this playing, which was magically won, but they still don't know how to set up the game properly.
An episode which, had it not been for the miracle Check Game victory, would have awarded less than $10,000...and without the Big Wheel winnings, just under $7,000.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:43:51 AM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Bandon23

• Walking the Golden Road
  • HYO Contestant.
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2014, 08:07:40 AM »
Well it's skunked show for the second time this month, what in the earth has happened with the contestants, don't have their mind for the guess... I'll should say this is The Price is Not Right.

This is just going crazy and crazy, skunked shows makes the poor episodes all day, well I know this is just hardly and brutal setups, nothing could change as this show could be turned as a disastrous day.

If it happens yet again, the show... I don't know what to say.

6 Games: Tough Break.
Showcases: Good play.
My status of the Host Your Own W/L:
Temptation (0-1)|Safe Crackers (0-1)|Double Cross (0-1)|Bullseye (1-0)|Flip-Flop (1-0)|Fortune Hunter (1-0)|Pass The Buck (1-0)|Grand Game(1-0)|3 Strikes (0-1)|Line Em' Up (0-1)|Bonkers (1-0)

Showcases won: 2
Showcases lost: 3

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2014, 08:55:55 AM »
And were those pumpkins on the cards at the start of Cover Up?
Yes, they were. And I'm betting this is as close to a Halloween Special as we can get this season.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline Charizard632

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2014, 09:08:31 AM »

Glad to hear that. The sound they make when there is an overbid in bidder's/contestant's row scared me a little.

Yeah, Pathfinder is one of the hardest games on the Price is Right.

But I'm glad you won and enjoyed your time being on The Price is Right!

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2014, 01:10:35 PM »
Now that the honeymoon phase is over for Time Is Money, I'm going to predict that no contestant will win the full $20,000 this season barring some rule or procedure change.

(With the exception of Big Money Week, where I will predict that they will want to showcase the new game by playing it for $100,000 and setting it up to be easy.)
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2014, 01:25:41 PM »
Now that the honeymoon phase is over for Time Is Money, I'm going to predict that no contestant will win the full $20,000 this season barring some rule or procedure change.

(With the exception of Big Money Week, where I will predict that they will want to showcase the new game by playing it for $100,000 and setting it up to be easy.)
Or maybe $200,000, since Big Money Week usually increases the top prize of its cash games (except Pay the Rent, which was big enough already) tenfold.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html