Author Topic: Game Producer  (Read 1646 times)

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
Game Producer
« on: October 24, 2014, 12:50:54 PM »
Perhaps you've noted the credit "Game Producer - Chris Donnan" in the end credits. Do we know exactly what he does as "Game Producer"? I don't believe this was ever a credited role during the Barker years. Does he select which games are played? Does he keep tabs on how often each game is played? Does he come up with the fake prices? Does he choose the grocery items or small prizes? Is he in charge of wheeling the props out onto the stage?

Commence wild speculation!

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: Game Producer
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 01:13:57 PM »
I believe MSTieScott could answer this question the best.

Here is one picture of Chris, informing contestants about the wheel:

"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 02:40:14 PM »
Perhaps you've noted the credit "Game Producer - Chris Donnan" in the end credits. Do we know exactly what he does as "Game Producer"? I don't believe this was ever a credited role during the Barker years. Does he select which games are played? Does he keep tabs on how often each game is played? Does he come up with the fake prices? Does he choose the grocery items or small prizes? Is he in charge of wheeling the props out onto the stage?

Commence wild speculation!
I thought :clipboard: was in charge of that. :-D

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 03:22:35 PM »
Kyle, he's been speculated on my end for a quite a few months now; I think he's the one who set ups the games, a sentiment shared by my fellow mod therealcu2010. This, unfortunately, is no hint, or misdirection, just that your thoughts aren't alone.  Wish I had a connect, or recalled his name for the Youtube Social Media special to ask Sandler about, for more information about the description and tasks of this job. 

If he's setting up games, that's a heck of a fun job, I think, ditto lineup making, frequencies, fakes, prize selection (which I doubt-that's a prize coordinator's job), etc. are some of the most fun backstage jobs, personally.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 05:03:12 PM »
I believe MSTieScott could answer this question the best.

But I might instead say that since Chris started after I left, and since there was no Game Producer title while I was at the show, I can't be sure which job duties he's taken on.

It isn't my place to divulge the exact responsibilities of anybody on the staff. Sorry.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.