Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/20/2007  (Read 40788 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/20/2007
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2007, 08:34:26 PM »
Train wrote:
A thought, since this site seems to be a TPIR FAN CLUB and TPIR staff endorses this site, parhaps well see it displayed on computer screens when they're offered on this show.

Perhaps ... that is, when we cross their palm(s) with sufficient green for the privilege of same. That won't happen anytime soon.

I'm not sure they "endorse" this site. They do appreciate our support, though.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2007, 12:07:16 AM »
Another good show, with a bunch of amusing contestants. I was really happy to see Devon win Golden Road, especially since I said 6 for the motorhome, and before that, 7 for the snowmobile. I was surprised to see this game played after offering a corvette yesterday.

Cody was great, one of the best I've ever seen. Too bad he didn't win a lot more on Plinko. Having Gabi kiss the second chip and Bob the third was funny too.

I picked Charleston for Bargain Bar as well. That was a pretty difficult decision.

Double Prices was easy.

Margaret started off great with Any Number, but once she picked 9, I had a feeling it would complete the chandelier. The 9 is relevant for the fourth digit though.

I don't know what Bob was worried about during Hi-Lo. Peggy did fine! That was a pretty easy setup.

Cody bouncing all over the stage after winning, and dancing with Gabi was very funny.

Best Contestant- Cody

Showcase #1- $24,500
Difference- OVER

Showcase #2- $20,784
Difference- $727

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2007, 01:55:19 PM »
I just realized that because of Devon's win at Golden Road this episode, he set A NEW ALL-TIME DAYTIME WINNINGS RECORD for a male contestant ($91,366)! The previous record was about $85K+, set by a man named Peter in Season 30 (who was the first ever Viper winner on ths show).

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2007, 06:20:33 PM »

PimpinJC wrote about 7 months ago:
Man, I missed a really good show today. Our station was doing their annual Mardi Gras day coverage, which I went to today. Hopefully this will be one of the shows they rerun during the summer so I can catch it.

Ask and ye shall receive!  :-)  Now I can finally give my thoughts on the show:

Golden Road-Devon seemed like an LFAT to me and I wanted him to win.  LOL at the kiss.  Nice to see a Golden Road win, and with such a big prize at the end (80K+).

Plinko-Man, I think most people were paying more attention to Cody than they were the game.  He was hilarious!  It was neat when he let Gabrielle and Bob kiss the Plinko chips.  LOL, and another kiss from a guy!  A shame the Plinko chips wouldn't go in his favor, though.

One-Bid #3-Man, I bet by now Bob's wishing he had a drink.

Barker's Bargain Bar-Some really expensive trips today!

Double Prices-No trouble for the rocket scientist; he walks away with a catamaran.

Any Number-That's the 1st time I've ever seen a prize fall from the ceiling during an actual game.  It was pretty cool.  I thought we were going to have an EXACTA for a moment.

Hi-Lo-A nice, easy win to end the day.

Showcases-The 1st showcase was really cool.  Finally one that I can relate to.  :-P

Close-More Cody!  That was neat they stayed on the contestant for the whole time and didn't pan the audience.  I wonder when was the last time that happened.

Definitely a show worth seeing.  The 1st half was pure golden, and the whole show was in the Top 5 in shows worth seeing this season.  Great contestants; definitely something in that water.
All Hail Sinfonia!