Author Topic: whammy007's Price is Right: Episode One  (Read 24346 times)

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
Re: whammy007's Price is Right: Episode One - Segment 2
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2015, 12:27:11 AM »
One solitary buck. *ding*

And the actual retail price of the pair of bicycles is...

$1,260!

Walking 72 plays as cu comes up the steps...

cu made a great bid, and he's going to charge right up here and stand next to me. Now cu, we talked about a couple places to put those bicycles, but Randy's going to let you in on one more that you'll have a chance to win!

Where else can you put those bicycles, cu? How about in the back of this new truck!

Truck/Van cue plays as the truck rolls out...

(truck is steered by enigmatic Reddit user Nick Thompson, holding a 4x4 from In-N-Out Burger - he's badly distracted by his sandwich, but barely avoids a crash)

It's the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS Regular Cab, the rugged truck made for anything the road can throw at it! It comes with standard equipment, the LS convenience package, assist steps, remote start, and California emissions, the Chevy Silverado!

That is a beautiful new truck, isn't it, cu? While you look it over and get an idea of the price, I'm going to reach into my pocket and pull out some cash. Why? Because to win this truck, you'll have to price it...

...and hang on to at least one of the Lucky $even dollar bills which you now hold. Let's see the first digit in the price of the truck...

...it's a 2. Now give me the second number in the price of the truck, and remember that I'll have to take away one dollar for each number which you are away from the correct one.

(Note: the picture shows the crew cab, but the truck is indeed a regular cab.)

Offline CheckGameMeBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Check Game: Woefully Misunderstood Since 1981
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2015, 01:24:57 AM »
*peanut gallery*

Six!
President, Return Rich Fields Campaign

Chairman, Buy or Sell Fan Club

HYO record: Coming or Going: 1-0.  Mystery Price: 0-1.  Squeeze Play: 1-0.  Flip Flop: 1-0.  Safe Crackers: 1-0, Buy or Sell: 1-0, 3 Strikes: 1-0, Card Game: 0-1, One Away: 1-0, Bonus Game: 1-0, Bump: 1-0, Switch?: 1-0, Double Prices, 1-0, Passcode: 0-1, Easy az 1,2,3: 1-0, Fabulous Showcases: 5-1. 

Total winnings: 1,548,521

Offline Coupon Boy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2015, 07:04:34 AM »
I'd go with 4.
Won $79,525 on my first Host Your Own game.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: whammy007's Price is Right: Episode One - Segment 3
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2015, 07:32:41 PM »
Let's try 5.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2015, 07:36:02 PM »
He says a 5... let's see something close to a 5, please...

*ding*

...ouch, that's not good. A 9 means you lose four dollars. But you're still in the game, three dollars left, so give me the third number in the price of that truck.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2015, 07:50:25 PM »
...yikes.

Let's try...1.

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2015, 07:52:07 PM »
Come on, show us a 1, let's hang on to this money...

*ding*

...no, but a 2's not bad. One dollar away, two dollars left. Give me the fourth number, and try to keep both of those dollars!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2015, 07:56:41 PM »

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2015, 08:01:04 PM »
He wants an 8. Can we give him an 8?

*ding ding*

Yes, we can! Right on the money, and that means you keep all your money. Now, cu, you still have two dollars left, one of which is necessary to buy that Chevy Silverado. You can miss this last number by one high or low and still win. What that in mind, what do you think is the last number in the price of the truck?

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2015, 08:08:10 PM »
Oh boy.

Let's try...oh boy...

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2015, 08:12:38 PM »
Going to the low end, we need a 1 or a 2, since I don't expect a 0 to show up. What is the last number in the price?

MRRRP and the Horns...

Couldn't home in on the 5, so we have to take the last two dollars and send the truck back to the dealership. But don't go anywhere, cu, because we'll be seeing who goes to the Showcases, right after this!

Main Theme out to commercial...

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2015, 08:29:10 PM »
We're back, and here stands the Big Wheel, ready for some spinning. Let's check the winnings totals so far...

SuperSweeper (Mo$t Expen$ive - L): $890
JustBecause (Shell Game - W): $8,929
cu2010 (Lucky $even - L): $1,260

As previously stated, the top winner of the day automatically makes the Showcases, so JustBecause, go ahead and step up to that podium over there by the turntable. We'll catch up with you in a minute.

As for SuperSweeper and cu, one of you still has a chance to be in the Showcases as the runner-up, and it will be the one that wins the Showcase Showdown. As per usual, the closest to one dollar with one spin or a combination of two spins will be the winner and take the other podium next to JustBecause. If you spin $1.00 exactly, then you'll still receive the $1,000 cash bonus and have a bonus spin for an additional $5,000 or even $10,000!

cu, since you won more than SuperSweeper, you'll be spinning second. Each of you should post three numbers between one and 20 for your two spins (and a bonus spin, if needed). Sweeper, since you're up first, you should also tell me what number of cents you would stop on with your first spin.

Offline Coupon Boy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2015, 08:33:39 PM »
Shouldn't Just Because get a spin of the wheel to see if he can get a dollar?
Won $79,525 on my first Host Your Own game.

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2015, 08:37:02 PM »
I hadn't originally planned on it, but in retrospect, it does seem fair to give him the same chance to pick up some money. So JustBecause, go ahead and throw in a number as well, see if you can ring up some extra cash. It won't affect your eligibility for the Showcase or the competition between the other two, but we'll try to get you a dollar if we can.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2015, 08:44:10 PM »
7, if that doesn't win, 13.