Author Topic: Teen week on Deal or no Deal?  (Read 3222 times)

• Walking the Golden Road
Teen week on Deal or no Deal?
« on: February 27, 2007, 02:09:24 PM »
Although I'm no longer for a teen TPiR, I've been wondering about a week where Deal or no Deal has teens. $1,000,000 still up for grabs. And the age range is 12-16.

I think it would work perfectly! What do you guys think?

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: Teen week on Deal or no Deal?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »
No. Too much pressure for kids that age. Plus, I think we'd see a lot of offers turned down, because the kids would be too tempted by the big amounts to know when to get out of there.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 03:36:04 PM »
I just have to know...what is your fascination with offering minors a chance to win an ungodly sum of money?! Really?! No sane producer would ever do that! At the most, the money would be put in a trust fund that would be frozen until they are of adult age. Do you realize the insanity of offering teens a chance at millions?!
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 04:04:26 PM »
If you would like to seen Teens on Deal or No Deal, FORGET IT!!!!

Offline fireman

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 04:36:23 PM »
Having teens on Deal or No Deal would be just as bad as having a teen version of TPIR.

Offline TPIR75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 04:42:01 PM »
I agree with Alfonzo.  I think that if DOND were to do a "Teen Week", whatever money was won, would be put into a trust fund or put towards some kind of college scholarship.  

Hmmm....The "Deal or No Deal Scholarship"....Could it work?  Probably not.

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 05:26:39 PM »
Maybe you guys are right. I was just wondering about it.

Plus, I think that they would probably say "Deal" for the very first offer.

From now on, NO MORE TEENS ON GAME SHOWS AGAIN, EVER!!!

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 07:33:28 PM »
It's not really no Teens on game shows ever again, you just keep picking the wrong format for them.  Many game shows have successfully had teen weeks.

Jeopardy! still has their tourneys.
Wheel of Forutne has teen week.
Card Sharks, Body Language, Joker Joker Joker(kid version of The Joker's Wild), Supermarket Sweep, Scrabble, $ale of the Century, & Others have had successful kids/teen weeks as well.  

You just keep picking the wrong format for the kids. that's all.  It has to be doable and it also has to be fun for the kids.  These game shows were fun.  The burned in fact about game shows is you can't win them all, so the game has to be fun.  The Price is Right is fun, but just not doable.  Pick the right format for them and it will be successful.

jimlange

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 11:05:47 PM »
Following up on what Jim said above, I remember seeing reruns of kid's week on Card Sharks. The questions were tailored to young people (we asked 100 second grade girls...), and there was a limit on how much money would be given to the kid outright (something like $500 or $1000); the remainder would be put in savings bonds until they were 18. Plus, they got to have a parent help them out in the Big Money round.

Of course, at the basis of all this is that while a lot of fun to play and watch, Card Sharks is just "higher/lower" with a deck of giant cards. It lends itself to all ages.
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 12:26:08 AM »

ilovesuperball wrote:
Plus, I think that they would probably say "Deal" for the very first offer.

I guess you didn't catch what I said. You seriously think a kid who sees a million dollars in front of him/her is going to quit early?

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 12:51:06 AM »
You seriously think a kid who sees $28,000 in front of him/her (on the first offer) is going to turn that down?

(No, I don't think that would happen.  Nor do I think yours would happen.  But I do think mine is more likely.  Besides, their parents would probably keep the kids in line anyway a la Money Cards anyway.)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 02:47:03 AM »
There's one reason why a "teen" themed game show of any kind would not be logical.  I don't think any "Teen" themed Deal or No Deal[/b], or any other show for that matter, is gonna work, simply because game show winnings are taxed by the IRS, and it would be a heavy burden on the parents themselves.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 11:54:01 AM »
You're right. But I have a question.

About teen week on $ale, what ever happened to prizes and cash they won? Were they put in that stuff?