Author Topic: FPG 6/12/15 -- RESULTS  (Read 1507 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
FPG 6/12/15 -- RESULTS
« on: June 12, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »
The Historic Moments® continue.  I made it into the semifinals for the first time ever. :-)

Joining me there is one of my fellow G-R.net moderators.  No, it's not Steve.  It's Adam!  Another Historic Moment®! :-)

Yeah, this was pretty much an easy lineup (by playoffs standards).  Bag, Cliff, and L7 were obvious picks.  The one-prize choices were narrow--could have been Flip, Squeeze, the spoiled Range, or a combination.  After that, it was wide open.  So it came down to who did the best with the slots and the results.

None of the spoiled games showed up, so the gamble did not pay off for DJTorgo.  OneBidTris also gambled on a bunch of spoiled games, but he scored just enough from his other three games to edge out Flerbert for the #8 spot.

Rounding out the semifinalists are JJ, Cephas, and the usual suspects.

See you next Friday!

Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FPG 6/12/15 -- RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 10:57:49 PM »
Sorry I couldn't make it any further this season.

Squeeze Play not showing up was what ruined me.  It wasn't played last week and had been played every week since February.

Seemed like a lock to come back, but it was not to be.

"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: FPG 6/12/15 -- RESULTS
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 11:12:40 PM »
Sorry I couldn't make it any further this season.

Squeeze Play not showing up was what ruined me.  It wasn't played last week and had been played every week since February.

Seemed like a lock to come back, but it was not to be.

Yep, I thought it was pretty due as well - we picked the exact same 6! :O

That being said it was a toss up between it and Flip, although I thought it would be closer to 60/40 than 50/50 in favor of Squeezey.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz