Author Topic: Advice on attending the late Monday taping?  (Read 3501 times)

Offline gaubster2

• In the Audience
Advice on attending the late Monday taping?
« on: March 03, 2007, 11:28:45 PM »
On Super Bowl weekend I mailed off a request for three tickets to the 3/19, 1:15PM taping.  Last weekend, I received tickets for the late taping instead.  About 3 days earlier, I had mailed off for tickets to the late taping as a backup.  I highly doubt that I got my request for the later taping turned around to me in 3 days and that my earlier request had fallen through the cracks.

Two things:
1)  On the inside of my SASE, my original request was noted but the tickets were for the 4:30PM taping.
2)  The tickets were numbered 0809, 0810, 0811.

So, I'm assuming that my original request was "sold out" and that these were the only tickets available for that tape date?  Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any idea what the maximum number of tickets printed up for any individual taping would be?  I'm guessing up to 1,000?

My wife and I attended our first and only taping back in February, 2002.  We had tickets for both Monday tapings "just in case" and got into the first taping.  However, with the warnings about the long lines, my plan is to get in line the night before.  Seeing as how our only chance is now the late taping, that is going to make an especially long day.  My younger sister and her husband want to go, so I'm going along with them.  What time do they start handing out numbers for the 4:30 taping?  We have The Farmer's Daughter booked across the street for naps and bathroom privledges for the overnight stay (and for somewhere to park the car).  My plan is to have at least 2 people in line at all times and to "take shifts" in line.

I'm trying to cover my bases and don't want to encounter any unpleasant surprises.  Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated!  Scott?

Chris

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: Advice on attending the late Monday taping?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 12:57:33 AM »
Both lines form simultaneously, and the line that forms overnight will be a mix of people trying to get into the early taping and the late taping.  (This is why the Monday lines are usually much, much longer than other tapings.)

Basically, to answer your question, they start handing out the 4:30 numbers at 6:00 am, just like the first taping.  The difference is that (I imagine) you can take off for a few hours longer before processing and such.  

I wouldn't know for sure, since my only tapings (to date) were a Tuesday and a Wednesday taping, so take anything I say with a grain of salt.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 01:03:44 AM »
I've never done a Monday taping myself, neither. There was a point once where I considered trying to do a double-header and attend BOTH Monday tapings, but one taping takes enough out of me.. No way I could pull off two.

Not to mention the fact it'd now be impossible. As long as these lines are, there is no way in heck I could pull off getting into the studio for the late taping after getting out of the early one.

A year ago? Perhaps. But now, no way...

Best of luck to you, gaubster!
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline Sizeman

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Walking The Golden Road - after 20 years
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 03:47:53 AM »
Hey Chris.

I attended the Jan 29th 4:30 taping. As mentioned above, the order of arrival numbers are handed out to all no matter which show you are planning to attend beginning at 6:00 AM. When you arrive back at 8 AM to sort out both shows, you'll line up in the arrival # order and give that slip to the page. If you have tickets for both tapings you would have the option of choosing which ONE you want to attend.

My suggestion would be to go for the 4:30 taping because at least on the day I was there, I was #58 whereas if I had picked the 1:15 show I would have been #99. This was my rationale when I requested my tickets online. I figured more people wouldn't want to wait the extra 3-4 hours. But that downtime gave me a perfect opportunity to get an hour or two of much needed sleep.

I don't know how many paper tickets are printed but that number really doesn't matter anyway since more tickets are produced for each show than the studio's 325 seats can hold. This is to ensure a full audience at each taping.

I got to TV City around 2:30 AM and was #162 when I got my arrival #. Since you're going March 19 and that's spring break season of Bob's FINAL season, I would strongly suggest that you might consider camping out the night before as you mentioned.

Good luck. Hope you get a chance to Come On Down!

Online LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 11:01:49 AM »
If you have tickets for both shows, when you get to the front of the line, you can ask Chuck what number you would be for either show.  I attended a two-tape Monday, I had OAP #131, which would have been #67 for 1:15 or #64 for 4:30.  (That was back in December after lining up at 4:40 AM.  Man, I'm glad I went when I did!)  I only had a ticket for the 4:30.  

Also, for the late taping, once you get your priority # around 8-8:30 AM, you need not be back until noon.  You can take a nap, or better yet, watch that day's Price is Right on TV at 10 AM!

Offline gaubster2

• In the Audience
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 12:34:27 PM »
Thanks for all of the replies, so far!  I really appreciate it!

I'm glad to hear that they are handing out the order of arrival slips at 6AM, because we plan on being in line the night before and this will ensure (I hope) that we get a seat in the studio!

The last time I went, I just wanted to be IN the studio and watching a taping.  I had no expectations of being called as a contestant.  THIS time, however....I'll be ready!   :-D

Offline webguyaz

• Outside in Line
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 08:20:55 PM »
so if i had tickets for both tapings on a monday, would i be able to get priority tickets for both shows or do i have to pick one or the other?

Online LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 08:30:29 PM »
You must pick one, unless you get to the first one and there are still places available for the afternoon taping.  HIGHLY unlikely.

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 08:30:56 PM »

webguyaz wrote:
so if i had tickets for both tapings on a monday, would i be able to get priority tickets for both shows or do i have to pick one or the other?

At the rate the lines are, you'll have to choose one or the other.  There will be NO chance of getting into both of 'em unless.....something real crazy happens.

Edit:  In other words, what LiteBulb said a few seconds before I did.

Offline webguyaz

• Outside in Line
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 09:00:23 PM »
cool! thanks

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 10:56:53 PM »
In the past, it was not uncommon for them to have more than enough empty seats to have room for standbys for the second taping - meaning people could get a priority number for the early taping, a standby for the late taping, and get into both.

Now? Not a chance.. Not with 1,500 people showing up for roughly 660 seats.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline alumniseason35

• 9/19/06
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 12:03:34 AM »
Yeah, even when I went in September I don't think it was a given that you'd be able to see both tapings.  I saw someone trying to do this and it didn't seem to work that well.  Generally though, the early taping seems to fill up first.  

While the CBS pages do the best they can, I would suggest that you be patient with them as it's a very hectic day for them.