Author Topic: [Spoiler] NEW PRICING GAME speculation Thread  (Read 11276 times)

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
Re: [Spoiler] NEW PRICING GAME speculation Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2015, 03:33:50 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, we finally have ourselves a true quickie GP game. Three quick plugs for the GPs, and then Drew bestows some sort of voucher - be it physical or metaphorical - to the contestant. She then has to pick which row she can afford with her money (i.e.: the least expensive). Push the button, and you win or lose. I love it. It evokes Credit Card without all the delay.

You're speculating.

There's (at least) one Beverage missing, one Candy missing and one French Fries missing. The monitors are displaying how many are left in each row. If she's meant to pick an entire row, they'd be spaced far more evenly.

Offline PaladinTornado

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2015, 04:12:29 PM »
Looks snazzy! Can't wait to see it tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 04:15:12 PM by PaladinTornado »

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2015, 04:37:55 PM »
You're speculating.

There's (at least) one Beverage missing, one Candy missing and one French Fries missing. The monitors are displaying how many are left in each row. If she's meant to pick an entire row, they'd be spaced far more evenly.

But picking a combination of the three all at once would kinda be like Grocery...
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2015, 07:13:20 PM »
If she's meant to pick an entire row, they'd be spaced far more evenly.

I suspect that's for the sake of the plugs. When they're describing the candy, they only want to have one bag of candy in the shot.

This is the only time that I haven't seen any chocks on a set piece on the shiny-floor turntable. Does that mean the Vend-O-Price board isn't on wheels? If so, I wonder how difficult it would be to lift it into position.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2015, 08:19:18 PM »
The official Price YouTube channel posted a video of Vend-O-Price, from tomorrow's show. It looks like a very interesting game.

- Insert coin that Drew gives contestant
- Slider (like One Away) moves to the right, revealing a number of each item
- Contestant must guess what row is the most expensive and pull a lever (individual item price multiplied by the quantity in the row)
- Individual price is shown, multiplied by the quantity
- If the contestant is correct, they win the prize package
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 08:22:59 PM by htmlcc92 »
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2015, 08:34:08 PM »
Grocery Game meets Most Expensive. And they brought back the Penny Ante sound effect. This is going to be a great game.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2015, 08:50:11 PM »
Three wrong selections. It is possible to choose incorrectly twice, then choose correctly twice, thereby making four selections.

Gah, I can't believe I forgot about the correct guess counting as #4.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Charizard632

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2015, 08:54:22 PM »
The official Price YouTube channel posted a video of Vend-O-Price, from tomorrow's show. It looks like a very interesting game.

This video is private.

Oh well. I'm excited to see how it plays, but I can certainly wait.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 08:56:26 PM by Charizard632 »

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2015, 09:25:00 PM »
I suspect that's for the sake of the plugs. When they're describing the candy, they only want to have one bag of candy in the shot.

Never thought of that. I guess I figured it'd be easier to have the items via still-store and animate through them.

Doesn't look "tidy" though...

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2015, 11:42:12 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, we finally have ourselves a true quickie GP game. Three quick plugs for the GPs, and then Drew bestows some sort of voucher - be it physical or metaphorical - to the contestant. She then has to pick which row she can afford with her money (i.e.: the least expensive). Push the button, and you win or lose. I love it. It evokes Credit Card without all the delay.

Okay, "most" instead of "least", but ... if you're feeling like a pimp, go and brush your shoulders off.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Priceboi1983

• In Contestant's Row
  • Come on Down!
    • Justin's Facebook Page
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2015, 01:00:35 AM »
I love how the SFX for the game is the classic SFX from Penny Ante.
And all this could be yours if... The Price is Right

Offline SilverFirePrime

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Can this be ressurected next?
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2015, 08:50:44 AM »
The best way I can describe my feelings about this, is that it's the game I never knew I wanted.  I love the fact its a GP quickie, I love the multiplication aspect, and biggest of all, this game using the Penny Ante sound effects and Credit Card-esque decision  has quelled my desire to see those games returned.  Kudos to all involved!