Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 09/28/15 (Perfect Show)  (Read 14238 times)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: TPIR Recap - 09/28/15
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 05:34:11 PM »
Bruh.

I mean...

...bruh.

That may well have been one of the best editions of this wonderful show that I've ever seen. Not even an exaggeration, either. Going strictly off of winning and not special moments unrelated to gameplay, this one was an absolute MASTERPIECE. Six shows in and we might already have our Show of the Season winner.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2015, 06:48:20 PM »
An addendum to my earlier post: I love the cue that was used in 3 Strikes, but it just does not work for me in a pricing game.  I miss the days of the Big Banana.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2015, 07:35:58 PM »
Well... I thought that last week's season premiere was awesome.  Today just continued the streak of awesome shows.  A perfect show with 3 Strikes in the lineup!  Roger, when was the last time we had 3 Strikes in a perfect show?
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2015, 07:42:53 PM »
Well... I thought that last week's season premiere was awesome.  Today just continued the streak of awesome shows.  A perfect show with 3 Strikes in the lineup!  Roger, when was the last time we had 3 Strikes in a perfect show?
December 4, 1996, according to gskingdom.blogspot.com
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline djlynch

• Outside in Line
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2015, 08:03:55 PM »
Since I was in the audience for today's show, a few thoughts...

First off, I was really rooting for Rebecca to make it out of CR. She was next to me in line and incredibly sweet and gracious when I dropped my drink and it got all over her feet.

Daniel was directly behind me in the audience and the guy who I figured was going to be picked when we were in line. He was near the front while we were in the waiting area outside the studio and doing high fives down the row on both sides as he went back to the men's room. One of other members of Team Seattle mentioned in a break that they had a scooter and now they were going to have to get a fourth so they could all go out together.

Steven's coming down to Contestants Row was a pickup, and maybe it's because I know that, but the edit felt very obvious watching it on the air. His wife was laughing about the trip to Montreal in his showcase after the taping.

Thanks to where I was sitting, I was able to identify 3 Strikes during the break. I could see just enough of the side of the prop around the Giant Price Tag to recognize the shape.

The robotic vacuum tried to launch itself off the platform as the bidding started. I kind of wish it had happened a few seconds earlier because I'm sure he would have had fun with it. Also, one of the monitors on Home Base had to be fixed mid-show, but it was in the top corner, so it wasn't obvious.

Overall, I ended up watching a great show, with the perfect show and the big win, and the 50/50 endings to 3 Strikes and Let 'Em Roll. I laughed at Drew's "Let's give away the whole show" at the end of the first SCSD because I didn't remember that from the taping and considering how the show ended up, I actually was expecting a DSW by the end. (I bid $32,000 for the Veloster showcase, which would have been painfully close to one if it had actually counted.)

Offline 27CansOfTuna

• Outside in Line
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2015, 08:20:27 PM »
Wow first time Ive seen someone win a pricy >$40K car on price is right in a long time. I rewatched that game. It was so good.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2015, 09:21:53 PM »
Is it just me or does it sound like George is being broadcast through some awesomely bad mono speaker system?
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 09:41:03 PM »
Is it just me or does it sound like George is being broadcast through some awesomely bad mono speaker system?

YES. I noticed this last week, but I thought the sound from his mic was purposefully being altered for the occasion. I haven't watched today's show, but I'm guessing he has a new mic or something, and if it sounds anything like it did last week, it's something they really need to correct sooner rather than later. It clashes horribly with the rest of the audio, especially on my surround system.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 10:48:10 PM »
December 4, 1996, according to gskingdom.blogspot.com
It was actually October 15, 2008. That was, of course, in Season 37 when the rules changed almost every playing and they went back to normal priced cars. That show featured the sole win for 3 Strikes that season and the last playing it received that season.

What a fantastic show. Top to bottom. Obviously, when Strikes was won, it seemed like something could happen. When Let 'em Roll was won with two rolls, it really seemed like it was meant to happen.

Great aggressive lineup. It was nice to see someone play Freeze Frame so quickly. They usually look out into the audience and take forever. She just looked quickly and pulled.

Can't wait to see if Wednesday's show is a dud or just not as good as today's.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2015, 10:54:46 PM »
Great show today & Drew did a great today as host.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2015, 12:03:51 AM »
Good show - I don't think it will go down as one of the best perfect shows, but having 3 Strikes involved does make it special. Drew was also very much on top of the fact that there was a chance for it.

Deborah clearly had no idea what she was doing as she tried to make it a $20k car but she lasted long enough to figure it out. I would rather see another model car than completely load up a more basic model.

I would have switched both of the car cues.

The last GP in Let 'Em Roll is the kind of prize I am afraid of showing up in Vend-O-Price, because one tricky item out of the three will make the game very easy to lose. If something looks more expensive than it is, it will get chosen and be wrong. If something looks less expensive than it is, it won't get chosen and will be correct.

Drew should have revealed the rest of the prizes in Take Two.

Also, one of the monitors on Home Base had to be fixed mid-show, but it was in the top corner, so it wasn't obvious.

This is one of the dangers of introducing more technology - potential for costly stopdowns.

I know that some of you prefer recaps in text format (for ... reasons), so the .PDF allows you to copy and paste in a text format of your choosing.

The recaps need to be in text format so that the Search functions properly. It is unrealistic to expect everybody to maintain their own databases for searching. I hope if you get chosen we can find a way to make this work in text form. Also, it looks like you forgot to indicate who modeled what throughout the show.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2015, 02:13:54 AM »
The recaps need to be in text format so that the Search functions properly. It is unrealistic to expect everybody to maintain their own databases for searching. I hope if you get chosen we can find a way to make this work in text form. Also, it looks like you forgot to indicate who modeled what throughout the show.

Seconded. Plus, the text comes out cleaner when it's not a screenshot of an image.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2015, 07:51:39 AM »

I didn't forget. I just don't care.

Seconded. Plus, the text comes out cleaner when it's not a screenshot of an image.
I wanted to embed the PDF directly, but Chelsea needs to enable that feature. The text of the recap would thereby appear in a search.

Were you guys this critical when the other candidate auditioned?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 08:24:20 AM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2015, 01:07:44 PM »
Were you guys this critical when the other candidate auditioned?

I was, yes. His recaps used way too many words. I was just on vacation and thus wasn't around to actually say so.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2015, 01:22:29 PM »
Steven's coming down to Contestants Row was a pickup, and maybe it's because I know that, but the edit felt very obvious watching it on the air.
I may as well be the one to ask...why was it reshot?

I wanted to embed the PDF directly, but Chelsea needs to enable that feature. The text of the recap would thereby appear in a search.
And if the PDFs disappear at some point in the future, I am reasonably certain the recap text would vanish as well.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 01:27:40 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J