Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 10/07/15  (Read 10876 times)

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPIR Recap - 10/07/15
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 11:03:45 PM »
This argument comes up from time to time, and it makes me wonder if people want this to happen. So many people fill the stage at any given time during a taping! This will never happen.
I don't know, Rod almost got ran over during a rehersal of Lucky Seven, and had to jump off the stage, and Door 3 was hit three times over the years.  :P
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 03:24:51 AM »
It seemed like there was a lot of editing in today's show -- things Drew would normally say during the course of Barker's Bargain Bar and Secret "X" were somewhat awkwardly missing, and there was no inspiration putt in Hole in One even though he was pretty clearly getting ready to do one.  Oddly enough, despite the show clearly having run long for some reason, I can't put my finger on why.

It looks like the old trip screens only stuck around for the first week of taping this season.  I like the new ones, although the big one looks a bit off somehow.

I'm surprised they played Secret "X" again already.

What's the last time the show offered a $13,000 car?

I know I've been harping on this for two years now, but Adam really needs to go back to the old way of shooting Hole in One.  Without the straight-on shot, it's almost impossible to tell where that ball's going.

Holy crap was that second showcase expensive.

Another Big Money Week next week? I'm crossing my fingers for a big money car ($50K - $98K) in 10 Chances.

Given that Big Money Week generally involves, well, money and not cars, I wouldn't advise holding your breath.

I know that the show is hurting from last week, but my word, there was no need to make Hole in One that hard for such a cheapo car. I mean, wow, that was hilariously cheap. Listen guys, I know there are still cars that low in price, but the show was offering $13K cars on the regular 20 years ago. I think it's time to move on. For the record, I doubt they chose this car for this game because of what happened last week. I thought they plan out the shows and prizes weeks in advance, so it just happened to line up that this cheap thing appeared after the big week last week.

It's also important to remember that the Pay the Rent win was taped after this show.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 03:32:37 AM »
Without the straight-on shot, it's almost impossible to tell where that ball's going.
I always thought this was their reasoning for the change, to create new suspense.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 04:51:29 AM »
I always thought this was their reasoning for the change, to create new suspense.

There's a not terribly fine line between suspense and confusion, and it doesn't take a whole lot of effort to see which side of it Hole in One's on.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 10:20:09 AM »
Now that my employer automatically blocks third-party streaming sites live, I now watch the episodes after they are posted at CBS.com and find it refereshing in an unplugged way to watch the shows like I always have- without chatting (before my borking at a CA hotel blocked me), and I will still post my thoughts here.

The lineup was good overall, and it was good to see X in the first half. I'm glad the Card Game player wasn't a contestant on Card Sharks. Hole In One is a great closer even if it was evident that they were running short on time. I'd just wish they'd raise the GP bonus since not only it hasn't been won in quite some time but if they are going with cheap cars, at $1000 or $2500 bonus clearly would be more rewarding than the $500. I really suspected those race cakes were more than I thought, and I would have ordered the products as Drink Mix/Bleach/Rice Cakes/Mashed Potatoes/Mouthwash/Sunscreen.

It was good to see a dollar hit in both SCSDs, both by players who lost their PGs. Still, not knowing that there are some penthouse-style rooms in Vegas that go for several grand a night is really a good way to fool 98% of everyone.

Torgo, while I enjoy your recaps, I found a couple of mistakes. First, you put sauna instead of Memphis for the ARP portion of Bargain Game. Also, under the summary at the bottom, you tagged Card Game as a loss instead of a win.

Show grade: B- (Average winnings, but a good lineup, money on the Wheel, and a blooper made this entertaining)
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 10:37:08 AM »
Torgo, while I enjoy your recaps, I found a couple of mistakes. First, you put sauna instead of Memphis for the ARP portion of Bargain Game. Also, under the summary at the bottom, you tagged Card Game as a loss instead of a win.

Noted and changed.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 01:34:49 PM »
I don't think the car is being pushed with such momentum that it would not only mow down Drew, the contestant, and wipe out the Card Game prop, but go over the edge of the stage and into the audience pit. I don't think you have reason to worry.

Drew, the contestant, and Card Game aren't in any significant danger -- but I do wonder what happens if that left front tire goes over the stairs. In theory, the part of the stage that sticks out in front would support the body of the car if it tried to tip over in that direction (although the car might jostle the One Bid displays). Whether things got any worse would depend on gravity and how much strength the stagehands put into pushing out the car. (They know that it's a bad thing if they don't push hard enough to have the car reach its mark, so I'd bet they're pushing harder than it looks like. And they're assuming the model has a foot on the brake.)

I'd just wish they'd raise the GP bonus since not only it hasn't been won in quite some time but if they are going with cheap cars, at $1000 or $2500 bonus clearly would be more rewarding than the $500.

I don't know... with a $13,005 Nissan Versa at play, the $500 cash was arguably the most valuable thing being offered in that game.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline 27CansOfTuna

• Outside in Line
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2015, 04:57:19 PM »
Im confused how the showcase was $50,000. The car is only at msot $25K and domestic trips are that pricy? Impossible.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2015, 05:32:02 PM »
First-class airfare + presidential suite = $$$$$$.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 09:12:29 AM »
And by far, the expense there was the presidential suite.  Flying first class from LA to Vegas really wouldn't cost more than about $800-$1000, pricey for a quick flight, sure, but not the bulk of the cost by any means.  A quick glance at Delta's website showed first class fares in November to be in the area of $600 (barely more than coach actually). 

In my experience, domestic first class, particularly with Delta, is usually within $200-300 of coach fare, depending on travel dates. 

Offline SilverFirePrime

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Can this be ressurected next?
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2015, 10:49:49 AM »
I've been thinking, and I don't think any PG on the rotation can elicit the range of emotions from me that 10 Chances does.

-Excitement when I realize what game they're playing (The reveal is classic and so effective)
-Anticipation when the contestant is trying to price the car
-Joy for a victory (especially for a 10th guess miracle on the car)
-Mild irritation to rage depending on how often the 0 rule is violated.

Translation - give me more 10 Chances!!!

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2015, 02:27:53 PM »
I've been thinking, and I don't think any PG on the rotation can elicit the range of emotions from me that 10 Chances does.

-Excitement when I realize what game they're playing (The reveal is classic and so effective)
-Anticipation when the contestant is trying to price the car
-Joy for a victory (especially for a 10th guess miracle on the car)
-Mild irritation to rage depending on how often the 0 rule is violated.

Translation - give me more 10 Chances!!!

Two thumbs up, SilverFirePrime!!  :biggrin:  I'm with you! 10 Chances is one of my favorite games. Would you also like to see it played for a big money car ($50K - $98K)? Do you remember the days when the first two prizes were behind Door 3, when Bob would sometimes introduce the game by saying "Let's show (John) some prizes/a couple of prizes!", and when "Sam" (the music cue) was played for the first two prizes? Seeing that reveal, hearing those words, and hearing that music only meant one thing: Ten Chances!