Author Topic: unprecedented high number of double overbids in the showcases  (Read 2764 times)

• Outside in Line
anyone here think that the 13 double overbids over the season so far, is the powers that be's way of making sure they can blow the budget to smithereens on Bob's last show?

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
Re: unprecedented high number of double overbids in the showcases
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 05:18:03 PM »
I certainly hope that there was not a double overbid in today's show, a show which I have yet to see.  If there was, I was spoiled.

How can I make this more clear?  THERE IS TO BE NO DISCUSSION ABOUT TODAY'S SHOW IN THIS SECTION OF THE SITE.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 08:58:54 PM »
Well, to tell you the truth, there has been a lot of double overbids this season, especially in the first half.  I don't know if anyone keeps any records regarding double overbids, but I could logically assume that we are just a little above average in that category.  As for Roger trying to force a double overbid just so he can bust the budget for Bob's final show, that would be highly illogical.  I would assume that Bob's final show would be a run-of-the-mill daytime show with the usual TPiR fare, and I'd be pretty sure most of the masses would agree with me on this one.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 09:04:29 PM »
Some run-of-the-mill episodes have higher budgets than other run-of-the-mill episodes.  I don't see why Bob's final show can't be a run-of-the-mill episode with a higher-than-usual budget.  I mean, Golden Road is often played in relatively normal episodes.  Three car days are often fairly normal episodes.  Shows with cars in both showcases are often fairly normal episodes.  I don't really see why Bob's final show can't be a normal episode with a high budget.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 09:07:50 PM »
My take on a "run-of-the-mill" daytime show is this:  Two cars, sometimes three are offered, but are usually less than $25,000 in price.  I've always believed that shows that feature either "Golden Road", "Three Strikes", "Triple Play", or $40,000+ Showcases would be considered "budget busters" and not "run-of-the mill" shows.  

Frank15 wrote:

Some run-of-the-mill episodes have higher budgets than other run-of-the-mill episodes... (rest of post snipped)

I see your point, as the Season 35 premiere was the notable exception to the rule.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 09:08:07 PM »
As I remember it, a lot of this season's overbids were caused by both contestants making ludicrously huge bids on their showcases, not tricky showcases that were much cheaper than they looked. Some contestants force their own losses.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 09:23:22 PM »
actual_retail_tice wrote:

As I remember it, a lot of this season's overbids were caused by both contestants making ludicrously huge bids on their showcases, not tricky showcases that were much cheaper than they looked.

Yeah, I would never forget Jose from the 2/15 ep, who bid $60,000 for a Showcase feature 2 Kawasaki motorcycles; this was after he orginally bid $250,000!  Other than that, I just think that Roger's been on an evil streak lately.