Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 10/26/15  (Read 7850 times)

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPIR Recap - 10/26/15
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 10:27:55 PM »
You're going to defend whinbaby, given quite a few of his behaviors, namely in live shows, and playing out of models modeling prizes, plus the rather creepy weekly and seasonal modeling totals? Ermkay. :confused:

If anything, that's an example to avoid, and it's rather blatant. It's got to be pointed out, because as much as it's good to point out what has to achieve such a change (Torgo's stance), you also have to state what can't happen (whinbaby's approaches). I bring up the latter because it's been not only tolerated, but accepted, up until this season. No, I'm not faultless here; I should have taken a more proactive stance on this a long time ago. Furthermore, Chelsea, Torgo, Guint, and myself, surely among others, have had enough of such sexist behavior, hence why he hasn't posted in this section this season. It's unfortunate to profile him like this, but there's not evidence to the contrary for the roughly 12 years he's been a member. To say otherwise flies in the face of the facts/posts we've seen at the end or near end of virtually all recaps on this page for many years.

It wasn't the best example for me to follow up as well. He may be a fan of the show just like the rest of us but I do applaud you and Torgo taking actions to discourage that kind of behavior.

If my initial post came across as judgmental, I do apologize.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 10:45:23 PM »
It's okay and all good, no worries. Honestly, we're all at fault, though I count myself more culpable than others, given a variety of factors. Thanks for the positive words.

Nah, not judgmental, moreso I wasn't sure what stance you were taking, with respect to your post, and worried it was, well, not what you expressed in your most recent post. Thanks for taking the sensible, high road route, as well as clarifying your position.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 01:23:12 AM »
I've never thought of the models being added in the recap as a point of ogling whomever is modeling the prize, but rather as a point of information. That is why I disagreed with Torgo's decision to not include that in his recaps. I understand that in the end they don't matter, but they were apart of the show and this recap is supposed to be a window into the show as it happened. On a day like today for myself, where I did not see the show until much later (12:30am), I'd like to know the show and that includes the models. I feel like I'm missing something, but not all that much, without models. It's almost like watching the show without models.

I'm just of a mind that on a site where we'll argue over the semantics of a 43 year old game show, it seems odd to nitpick over there being too much information on a board where "nitpick" is the middle name. I know that there a plenty of people who've used the information as a point of admiring the models, perhaps past the point of appropriateness, but I simply did not care about that and only the information. I think it's because I've been to used to it since I arrived 5 years ago, but that's how I feel.

In the end however, and I told Torgo this elsewhere, it's his recap and whatever he wants to do with them (in reason of course) is his to do. This is certainly within reason.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 03:05:03 AM »
You know, this is really understandable as to why Torgo didn't want to do something like that. Personally, whatever he wants to do with the recaps is fine with me. And to what Prizes had stated, I really don't think it should matter who models what. That kind of behavior doesn't seem to fly well when you're trying to make a profound point such as this and when you're making the site a lot more enjoyable, for both men and women.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 03:19:00 AM »
You know, in a weird way, I'm kind of glad Hole in One was lost...not because I wanted it to be lost, but because holy good Lord would Flip Flop have sucked if it hadn't been.

The second showcase today was awesome.  It's been a good while since they've done something like that.

Speaking of the Showcase, I'm really not sure how to feel about Drew's final reveal...it certainly wasn't something Bob would have done, but he totally had me thinking there was a double overbid.

And I'm not into the whole images game, but I've been saying for years that if you're going out of your way to make a comment for every segment of the show, most of what you struggled to say probably wasn't worth saying.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 09:09:13 AM »
You're going to defend whinbaby, given quite a few of his behaviors, namely in live shows, and playing out of models modeling prizes, plus the rather creepy weekly and seasonal modeling totals? Ermkay. :confused:

If anything, that's an example to avoid, and it's rather blatant. It's got to be pointed out, because as much as it's good to point out what has to achieve such a change (Torgo's stance), you also have to state what can't happen (whinbaby's approaches). I bring up the latter because it's been not only tolerated, but accepted, up until this season. No, I'm not faultless here; I should have taken a more proactive stance on this a long time ago. Furthermore, Chelsea, Torgo, Guint, and myself, surely among others, have had enough of such sexist behavior, hence why he hasn't posted in this section this season. It's unfortunate to profile him like this, but there's not evidence to the contrary for the roughly 12 years he's been a member. To say otherwise flies in the face of the facts/posts we've seen at the end or near end of virtually all recaps on this page for many years.

While I'm sure there is merit in discouraging the running total ARPs by the various models, there is one aspect I do miss ... the value of the individual prizes in each showcase. Such as, the Mercedes-Benz was -- and I'm just throwing out a random figure here -- $41,000.

The former I guess I shrugged my shoulders at and don't really care if that's gone. Something's missing when I don't see the ARPs of the individual showcase prizes. Is there a way to restore at least that?

Thanks!

Brian

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2015, 09:14:30 AM »
Most of those weren't even correct anyway.

I for one, am happy with the changes made to the recap section, and I think they are for the better. Nobody gives a crap how many toilets Manuela has offered.

I also know people used to like searching the recaps, but I'm glad the recaps are images now, because it prevents cheating in CSS. whinbaby's showcase breakdown being gone for me is a godsend as well.

Now if we can stop the annoyingly repetitive threads in TTiR. :P

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2015, 11:01:34 PM »
I also know people used to like searching the recaps, but I'm glad the recaps are images now, because it prevents cheating in CSS.

This is not a good reason to stop the recaps from being searchable, and I'm really disappointed if we are going to continue this way because we were promised they would be.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 12:01:41 AM »
I also know people used to like searching the recaps, but I'm glad the recaps are images now, because it prevents cheating in CSS.
I have to agree with Flerb if only because the recaps become essentially useless after a week. They serve no historical purpose if they can't be searched.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2015, 12:12:25 AM »
This is not a good reason to stop the recaps from being searchable, and I'm really disappointed if we are going to continue this way because we were promised they would be.
Where did I promise anything?
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.