Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 10/26/15  (Read 7851 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 10/26/15
« on: October 26, 2015, 01:02:33 PM »

Episode Clips
1/2 Off
Showcase #2
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 04:32:50 PM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPIR Recap - 10/26/15
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 01:19:57 PM »
That second Showcase almost felt like a modern take on the old "Dreaded Announcer's Test" showcases they'd stick Rod with every so often :P

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Always ready for that prize reveal...
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 01:59:26 PM »
Probably not that important, but we still haven't had any FFBC's in the red position yet. We came close twice, but they escaped.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 02:32:19 PM »
Good show Today.
That Mercedes-Benz , during the 1st Showcase , caught me by surprised.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 02:57:43 PM »
Holy hell. They brought back the tongue-twister showcase. More, I say!

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 05:29:21 PM »
1/2 Off: She won this game!

Squeeze Play: He won this game!

Pocket Change: She won this game!

Do the Math: She won this game!

Hole in One: Oh no! My feeble mind cannot deal with losses very well.

Flip Flop: She lost. Boo.

Overall, this sure was a 4/6, and I added nothing of value to this thread. See you tomorrow for more of the same!
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 06:18:14 PM »
Torgo, well now.

Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 06:22:44 PM »
Torgo, well now.

I second this with.

Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline djsquare

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • tpirmodels.com
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 07:20:15 PM »
Too bad we can't "like" posts on here, Torgo! By the way, could you add who's modeling the prizes on your recaps like others did? :) Thanks!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 07:28:40 PM »
Rookies!

Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline 27CansOfTuna

• Outside in Line
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 09:02:39 PM »
His bid on that Tampa Francisco Car bid was a bit high, I think its risky to say anything higher than 45K and would have guessed 40K probably, though I would have still lost since she was so close. I wouldnt have said 29K either since it is an econo car and I would have undervalued the East Africa trip.

Tongue Twister was best thing of the show though.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 09:39:41 PM »
Too bad we can't "like" posts on here, Torgo! By the way, could you add who's modeling the prizes on your recaps like others did? :) Thanks!

And treat them in the same vein as an inanimate object? Nope.

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 09:47:31 PM »
And treat them in the same vein as an inanimate object? Nope.

I heart this, and co-sign it. Yeah, the site is going to be 99% guys, that's obvious, but the least we can do is make it a bit more female friendly on the whole. Taking steps like this is absolutely a positive step towards this endgoal. Personally, I never cared about who models what, including male models, if you want to make it specific to my case. What does it matter, anyway? Torgo's reasoning and explanation makes it even more compelling of an argument about why this should not be done.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:07:50 PM by Chelsea »

Finally made it in life!

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 10:06:13 PM »
Doing away with the inspiration putt takes part of the joy away from Hole in One. Given what happened Drew most likely missed instead of it being cut for time.

Yeah, the site is going to be 99% guys, that's obvious, but the least we can do is make it a bit more female friendly on the whole. Taking steps like this is absolutely a positive step towards this endgoal

I don't know if you had any intent but a sexist comment like that is not ensuring a female-friendly environment. It's more likely going to scare women away from this site given the nature you gave a fellow member.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:09:47 PM by Chelsea »

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 10:20:30 PM »
I don't know if you had any intent but a sexist comment like that is not ensuring a female-friendly environment. It's more likely going to scare women away from this site given the nature you gave a fellow member.

You're going to defend whinbaby, given quite a few of his behaviors, namely in live shows, and playing out of models modeling prizes, plus the rather creepy weekly and seasonal modeling totals? Ermkay. :confused:

If anything, that's an example to avoid, and it's rather blatant. It's got to be pointed out, because as much as it's good to point out what has to achieve such a change (Torgo's stance), you also have to state what can't happen (whinbaby's approaches). I bring up the latter because it's been not only tolerated, but accepted, up until this season. No, I'm not faultless here; I should have taken a more proactive stance on this a long time ago. Furthermore, Chelsea, Torgo, Guint, and myself, surely among others, have had enough of such sexist behavior, hence why he hasn't posted in this section this season. It's unfortunate to profile him like this, but there's not evidence to the contrary for the roughly 12 years he's been a member. To say otherwise flies in the face of the facts/posts we've seen at the end or near end of virtually all recaps on this page for many years.

Finally made it in life!