Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 11/02/15  (Read 6076 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 11/02/15
« on: November 02, 2015, 01:06:08 PM »

Episode Clips
Let 'Em Roll
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 05:17:22 PM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPIR Recap -11/02/15
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 05:29:26 PM »
Was today the first time a trip to an unopened hotel was offered?
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 06:38:20 PM »
Fun fact: many of my math teacher friends attending this taping.  This particular week, friends from around the country were assembling for Twitter Math Camp (yep, it exists....follow the #MTBoS gang on twitter and you may seem them chatting it up today) and about 20 or so went to the taping.  I actually organized the outing, but bailed out in the last week.  My sister was also in CA and we all went to Disneyland instead. 

I don't really have much of a taping report to share from my friends except that they found Drew a little odd during breaks.  He enjoys talking about marajuana....a lot.....like, really a lot....like, way more than you'd excpect from a game show host a lot.  Like "why the hell is he talking about pot so much" a lot.

And trust me...had I been there, a much better job would have been done with 10 Chances, though can't say I saw 510 coming.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 07:38:08 PM »
I gotta say it (again): 10 Chances! One of my favorite games! Yay! :)
10C: I thought this was going to be won w/ four shots at the car, but Eileen made a fatal mistake of going w/ $14K+ on the Hyundai.
Yep, that cost her, as well as not knowing "the zero rule". At least there was much suspense at the end. I'm still wondering how long it will be before we again see the game played by a TPiR LFaT. And the $510 Go Pro Camera has been offered on the show before. $510 was my first choice for its price.

By the way, if I'm ever in the Price audience again, I'm thinking about wearing a t-shirt that says "Old School". I'll probably never be chosen to be as a contestant, being the more reserved type, but this will be my silent protest of what's become of the contestants' and the audience's typical behavior these days. Yes, I'll applaud and maybe even cheer a little, but I'm not jumping up and down, standing up for every contestant called, remaining standing during the show (Why????), etc. 

Or, I might wear a tie with neatly-pressed shirt and slacks. Old school. :)

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 11:44:03 PM »
I think there's a better approach to the Bonkers font issue than trying to give constructive criticism: just zoom in on your screen with the (+) button. That should help.

I didn't watch anything before the second SCSD, but there were a couple things I liked in the showcase round, one of them being Ahmed winning his car showcase (and a new one, at that!) and earning two of them total today. The other thing I liked was Drew's little Sesame Street reference after he introduced the two players ("Today's show brought to you by the letter 'A'").
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline Grade_A23

• Outside in Line
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 11:46:54 PM »
I think there's a better approach to the Bonkers font issue than trying to give constructive criticism: just zoom in on your screen with the (+) button. That should help.
Nah! it just doesn't look right! Can't hardly read it!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 02:34:40 AM »
Set change in Bonkers!  The carpeting is gone.  Not sure I like it...it's kind of weird to have the Big Doors reflecting off the game.

No, that isn't a better approach.  A "better approach" would involve making it legible without having to mess with any screen settings.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 10:48:33 AM »
No, that isn't a better approach.  A "better approach" would involve making it legible without having to mess with any screen settings.

A white outline on the black font should thin it out enough to make it legible.

I loved the shiny floor on Bonkers... I had to wonder about the correct price being reflected on it. I'm still curious about what childhood trauma Mike experienced to make him hate carpet so.

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 01:07:08 PM »
I loved the shiny floor on Bonkers... I had to wonder about the correct price being reflected on it. I'm still curious about what childhood trauma Mike experienced to make him hate carpet so.

Probably because he didn't grow up in a household with carpet flooring? That could make sense. Or maybe he did, but just isn't fond of carpet whatsoever. I don't know, but I guess the carpet in Bonkers was bound to eventually be replaced to fit the current era.

I also noticed the font for the numbers was changed, so no need to discuss the font readability issue anymore. It's readable now.
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp