Author Topic: FPG 11/6/15 -- RESULTS  (Read 8700 times)

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
Re: FPG 11/6/15 -- RESULTS
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2015, 09:24:22 PM »
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2015, 09:32:49 PM »
Here they are. So yeah, that was a game that happened. Despite all those ridiculous scores, a couple things to note: two players still managed to 0/0, and even with the highest FPG score in the history of ever, Vader did not get the 4 bonus. Awww.

And all of this took place a week BEFORE Friday the 13th. I shudder to think what's coming on said date when we have our first Play-Along game. 

Now everybody have an adult beverage of their choice and move on to Week 4. :pint:

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2015, 10:32:25 PM »
moments like what we've experienced in this week's game end up destroying my passion and my confidence anew.

I can echo that sentiment 100%, and in fact it is something I talked about with 3-4 other members on here Friday evening. When I do really poorly (like last week) I feel bad for not putting in much effort at all into predicting the lineup and when I do too good I feel bad because of said drama and FPG recaps like this one. It really is just a lose-lose scenario for me no matter what I do. I haven't had much passion at all this season for FPG until Thursday when I decided to try my best, plotting it all in my spreadsheet, looking for the patterns, trying to determine what fit best where. The joy I felt seeing 1 Right Price on Friday followed by That's too Much 5th was incredible. I would have still been happy had Shell Game popped up 6th instead of Bonus but was even happier when Bonus was shown. It actually rejuvenated me and made me start liking FPG more again. This joy was quickly killed mere hours later when all the drama started and I remembered why we can't have nice things. I just don't know what I am supposed to do anymore.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2015, 10:43:11 PM »
...Hm.

While I have not played the FPG in quite some time, given this drama I agree with CU -- perhaps it is time to retire the FPG.

moments like what we've experienced in this week's game end up destroying my passion and my confidence anew.
The issue, as I believe Prizes hinted at with the clip she posted, is that you appear to have immediately assumed that something was amiss rather than announcing the results and dealing with any suspected issues behind the scenes during the following week. The way you handled it feels rather...off...to me, and this is what appears to be the primary issue with all this.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 10:47:27 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2015, 11:04:33 PM »
two players still managed to 0/0
Well, it's good to know I wasn't alone. :P

But everyone else did a very nice job. Congrats to vader, Kev, and PriceFan.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline TheGRVOfLightning

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • This is my favourite game.
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2015, 02:49:15 AM »
Oh boy... Where to begin with this one. I have never in my life seen something so stupid in this game. Let me just say this now, Yes. I scored 0 in this game. That is perfectly okay with me. I am also okay with the fact of the high scores.

The one thing I do have a problem with is that this whole thing occurred in the first place. I have never in FPG history seen something that has made me question: What the hell is wrong here?

This incident has made me ask this to myself and my answer is nothing. Let's be clear here, Kev and vader are consistently good players at this game. They usually place in the Top 10 of this game, Therefore why is it unexpected that with an easy lineup these players could achieve record scores?

I cannot for the life of me see any reason that made it necessary to review this game in the first place. These players provided clear evidence to the fact they did not collude and as stated earlier they are good at this game and what reason was there for them to cheat here? They couldn't have clinched playoffs with a win here for goodness sakes.

Furthermore. Accusing PriceFan of cheating? I mean come on. He hasn't caused any controversy here and I mean maybe he just got lucky.

In conclusion, This is by far the dumbest controversy I've ever seen in this game. 
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United

Offline PriceFan985

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2015, 07:21:04 AM »

Also, really? You're going to accuse PriceFan of all people of collusion? A long-standing member who's never been tangled in anything?

What a joke! From day one, whether it's fpg or css I have always played honestly and fairly! I mean look at my css results, yes I know it's been well documented how I'm always finishing way ahead on top of the leaderboard in previous seasons but look deeper at the stats from last season: the last place finisher had MORE wins (3) than I had (2). 2nd place Punchboard91 had more than three times the dsw's (14) than I had last season (4). So if I were cheating, don't you think I would have had more wins and more dsw's than that in over 100 playings? Heck, if i were cheating, don't you think I would've had more than 1 css championship by now? I haven't even won the competition in over 10 years now! It doesn't matter anyway because like another member said, you don't win anything in these games, so I just play these games just for fun- just as I've done in all the previous years I've played! Like pretty much everyone has said, this lineup was easy to figure out- even Tanzerey8 got it, nice job! As for vader and kev, I have never talked to them, either by pm or outside the site, before Friday's show. The only time I would encounter them is in the gr chat during the show- and I haven't been in the chatroom in over a month now! Like thepriceis_J and GRV said, I have never been publicly accused of cheating on any game on this site and have never caused any trouble on this site, so now you're all of a sudden gonna accuse me of cheating only because I and a couple other people did "too well" for your taste? Unbelievable and stupid! Never would I have believed that I would be sitting here writing such a post to defend myself from some of you people- well one in particular!

So fine, here was my thought process: no car game 2nd all week, no casher 3rd all week, no door #2 game 1st all week, no car game 5th for a couple days, Bonus Game hasn't been played since opening day, money and ttm- games played almost every week hasn't been played (considered key, but went with the common games), 1rp hasn't been played for a long time for a quickie game, range game hasn't been played for a few weeks. Picked grand over rent bc i was thinking theyd be in a budget mode considering how much they've given away so far this season. Put money in the 1st half to avoid two consecutive turntable games in the 2nd half. Put Bonus last instead of 4th bc a noncar/cash sp game (cliffhangers) was 4th already this week. So there, that's the truth of how I picked my lineup. If you believe it, great! If you don't, well as the saying goes... "your problem, not mine!" CIAO!!!

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2015, 08:51:48 AM »
So fine, here was my thought process: no car game 2nd all week, no casher 3rd all week, no door #2 game 1st all week, no car game 5th for a couple days, Bonus Game hasn't been played since opening day, money and ttm- games played almost every week hasn't been played (considered key, but went with the common games), 1rp hasn't been played for a long time for a quickie game, range game hasn't been played for a few weeks. Picked grand over rent bc i was thinking theyd be in a budget mode considering how much they've given away so far this season. Put money in the 1st half to avoid two consecutive turntable games in the 2nd half. Put Bonus last instead of 4th bc a noncar/cash sp game (cliffhangers) was 4th already this week. So there, that's the truth of how I picked my lineup. If you believe it, great! If you don't, well as the saying goes... "your problem, not mine!" CIAO!!!

FYI...Sally and I would make these assumptions/guesses EXACTLY the same way back in the day.  So as far as PriceFan985 is concerned, he should be 100% exonerated from any cheating assumptions.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2015, 10:28:43 AM »
FYI...Sally and I would make these assumptions/guesses EXACTLY the same way back in the day.  So as far as PriceFan985 is concerned, he should be 100% exonerated from any cheating assumptions.

I said pretty much the same thought process in my first post ITT.

My thought process on picks:
As far as cash games go, it was a lock that there would be 1 cash game on Friday because there were only 2 all week long. The only realistically due GP's were Grand Game and Pay the Rent. Grand Game is more likely to show than Pay the Rent clearly, so it was the one I went with. Astute FPG players would have noted that there had not been a car PG 2nd all week long. This meant that it was very likely that there would be one 2nd. There were some decisions to be made on what car PG's could show. Cover Up was a very popular thought and was similarly about as due as Money Game. This was a toss-up, and thankfully (or not) Money showed up today. There was another toss-up between Master Key and Bonus Game (or possibly Switcheroo as well, but less likely). One is for a car and one is not yes, but they are both SP games and both had not shown up since week 1. This left a decision to be made and once again I went with the "safer" pick of the 50/50 and picked Bonus Game since on average it shows up more often than Master Key. Now, knowing a Car PG was 2nd the real decision was to put Bonus 3rd 4th or 6th. There was also a decision on where to put Grand, either 1st 3rd 4th or 6th. Neither of these games fit well in the 5 slot based on prior history. This left either a quickie or a Car in the 5th slot. As far as quickie consideration is concerned - the choices were clearly between 1RP, Push, ME, DP, and possibly Freeze. 1 Right Price had skipped 2 weeks in a row already and I really did not trust it to suddenly skip 3 for no reason so it was what I went with. That makes Bonus, Grand, Money, and 1RP. The other question was what other game could fit - and I started to look towards games like Danger Price. Danger Price, Swap Meet, 241, Race Game, and Eazy were all viable picks. However, Eazy seemed like the most due so it was the one I went with. As for the final game, I just went with the other common car game that has always been common on a weekly basis throughout the years - TTM. One more pattern I like to follow but is not an exact science is I don't like repeating slots that games appeared in during their very prior playing. In this case, Money Game was 5th, Eazy was 5th, Bonus was 2nd, Grand was 5th, 1RP was 5th, and TTM was 2nd. So clearly as I said before I wanted a Car 2nd. However I did not want TTM to go 2nd in back to back playings (Not an exact rule but I play the statistics). Therefore, Money Game was 2nd. Great. Now, my choice for 5th was pretty locked up here since the only 2 games that happened to not be 5th in their previous playing was Bonus and TTM. Bonus was 5th only once in Season 43 and that was on a very odd Friday lineup. I was much more comfortable slotting it in a more usual slot and slotting TTM 5th. So now the question becomes where does everything else fall. It is clear that Eazy and 1RP were not going to fall in the same half, and likewise Bonus and Grand were not going to be in the same half. Looking back at last seasons trends, Eazy was way more likely to show 1st or 4th than in any other slot. Grand Game was way more likely to show 1st, 3rd, or 6th. 1 Right Price was way more likely to show 1st or 4th. Bonus Game was most likely to show 4th or 6th. Specifically, Bonus was 6th most times in Season 43. So okay, with Bonus 6th what does that leave for everything else? It means that either Eazy or 1RP would be 4th (so the 2nd half would be Eazy-TTM-Bonus or 1RP-TTM-Bonus). At this point it really is just total guesswork, I picked 1RP 4th and it was 4th most often in S43 as well. From there it was just filling in the other 2 to make sense.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz