Author Topic: FPG 11/6/15 -- RESULTS  (Read 8682 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
FPG 11/6/15 -- RESULTS
« on: November 06, 2015, 01:55:41 PM »
I better put up this placeholder while I'm still at work... just in case I'm unable to fix my computer problem at home.

If all else fails, I'll private-message the recap and scores to somebody and let him post them here.  (whammy007 has been busy with work lately, so somebody else would be in charge of posting today.)
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
Re: FPG 11/6/15 -- RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 07:26:32 PM »
Per Fiery's request:

Quote from: BRB_TheFireball
So please post in my thread that today's FPG recap is being suspended, pending further investigation.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 08:56:37 PM »
I didn't see TPIR today - was FPG suspended because of Fireball's computer problems or was there an issue with spoilers (i.e. caused by the show itself)?
Season 8 (2011-12) CSS 3rd Place

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 09:57:02 PM »
Although the results haven't been posted yet, I already know I got skunked.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 10:18:56 PM »
I suspect that somebody did a little TOO well on today's FPG to be chalked up to good intentions.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 10:30:55 PM »
I have a feeling this is going to have as much bloated drama as the Exacta bid, with almost the exact same result.

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 10:37:22 PM »
I wouldn't say busy with work recently so much as it was just a busy day today. I've been out all day, saw most of Price but not all, had no chance to be on computer till now.

I will be putting picks and games into my sheet as usual, so if Firey gives the go-ahead for results at a later time, I will have them ready to go if he needs me to post them.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 10:40:56 PM »
I suspect that somebody did a little TOO well on today's FPG to be chalked up to good intentions.
Yet the lineup had both common cars and 4 pretty due games.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 11:29:05 PM »
It wasn't like Kev and Vader's were the only one's to have similar looking lineups. Steve and I had identical lineups with only switching the last two and switching some results. There's going to be lineups that look similar and sometimes they'll just match up. That doesn't mean they knew what was going on.

I will say though, I find that this quote fits now:

Another scenario, what if 8 people just so happen to all pick an obscure game and by coincidence all put 4, 5, or 6CP next to it. Then when you ask someone to speak up about any spoilers, nobody does since there actually were none that time and it was a true coincidence. Then when the chips fall, that game shows up! Do you ban those 8 people even though it was truly a coincidence because of a suspicion you had?

This may pertain to an obscure game, but couldn't this apply to someone perfecting a lineup? It wasn't like this was a hard lineup to predict. You can't just go on a hunch. If there's evidence that they knew something, then it's appropriate, but there was no reason to suspect anything from this boring, predictable lineup.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 11:31:08 PM by OneBidTris »

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 12:24:37 AM »
I'm fairly certain a rule used to be in place where if your games matched the exact slotting of the show, you won some sort of points or money. I looked now, and it looks like at some point it was changed to just if you nailed all 6 games, but either way, why have a rule if when someone applies to it, we accuse them of cheating?

Others have said pretty much what I have, but I do agree that all 6 games were due, and heck, I had all 6 at one point but changed them out. This wasn't like a gutsy Triple Play 4th call or Magic Number 1st - it was a normal lineup.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 02:35:23 AM »
Aside from the fact that I haven't talked to Kev in over a year now (ask around if you don't believe so), this lineup was with 6 very common games that were picked by a lot of people. The lowest picked game was picked by 6 people! There were no "key" games that showed up and there were no spoilers. It was simply deductive reasoning and quite a bit of luck.

My thought process on picks:

As far as cash games go, it was a lock that there would be 1 cash game on Friday because there were only 2 all week long. The only realistically due GP's were Grand Game and Pay the Rent. Grand Game is more likely to show than Pay the Rent clearly, so it was the one I went with. Astute FPG players would have noted that there had not been a car PG 2nd all week long. This meant that it was very likely that there would be one 2nd. There were some decisions to be made on what car PG's could show. Cover Up was a very popular thought and was similarly about as due as Money Game. This was a toss-up, and thankfully (or not) Money showed up today. There was another toss-up between Master Key and Bonus Game (or possibly Switcheroo as well, but less likely). One is for a car and one is not yes, but they are both SP games and both had not shown up since week 1. This left a decision to be made and once again I went with the "safer" pick of the 50/50 and picked Bonus Game since on average it shows up more often than Master Key. Now, knowing a Car PG was 2nd the real decision was to put Bonus 3rd 4th or 6th. There was also a decision on where to put Grand, either 1st 3rd 4th or 6th. Neither of these games fit well in the 5 slot based on prior history. This left either a quickie or a Car in the 5th slot. As far as quickie consideration is concerned - the choices were clearly between 1RP, Push, ME, DP, and possibly Freeze. 1 Right Price had skipped 2 weeks in a row already and I really did not trust it to suddenly skip 3 for no reason so it was what I went with. That makes Bonus, Grand, Money, and 1RP. The other question was what other game could fit - and I started to look towards games like Danger Price. Danger Price, Swap Meet, 241, Race Game, and Eazy were all viable picks. However, Eazy seemed like the most due so it was the one I went with. As for the final game, I just went with the other common car game that has always been common on a weekly basis throughout the years - TTM. One more pattern I like to follow but is not an exact science is I don't like repeating slots that games appeared in during their very prior playing. In this case, Money Game was 5th, Eazy was 5th, Bonus was 2nd, Grand was 5th, 1RP was 5th, and TTM was 2nd. So clearly as I said before I wanted a Car 2nd. However I did not want TTM to go 2nd in back to back playings (Not an exact rule but I play the statistics). Therefore, Money Game was 2nd. Great. Now, my choice for 5th was pretty locked up here since the only 2 games that happened to not be 5th in their previous playing was Bonus and TTM. Bonus was 5th only once in Season 43 and that was on a very odd Friday lineup. I was much more comfortable slotting it in a more usual slot and slotting TTM 5th. So now the question becomes where does everything else fall. It is clear that Eazy and 1RP were not going to fall in the same half, and likewise Bonus and Grand were not going to be in the same half. Looking back at last seasons trends, Eazy was way more likely to show 1st or 4th than in any other slot. Grand Game was way more likely to show 1st, 3rd, or 6th. 1 Right Price was way more likely to show 1st or 4th. Bonus Game was most likely to show 4th or 6th. Specifically, Bonus was 6th most times in Season 43. So okay, with Bonus 6th what does that leave for everything else? It means that either Eazy or 1RP would be 4th (so the 2nd half would be Eazy-TTM-Bonus or 1RP-TTM-Bonus). At this point it really is just total guesswork, I picked 1RP 4th and it was 4th most often in S43 as well. From there it was just filling in the other 2 to make sense.

Not that I needed to explain anything to anyone, and frankly it's a bit silly how I am treated when I win (or go 6/6) compared to how _any other user (except maybe Kev or Punchboard)_ gets treated on a win (or a 6/6... there have been multiple 6/6's before by other users and every time they were congratulated, not hunted like a witch) but I just felt like sharing some thought process to the best of my recollection. (Sorry I can't remember precisely every little thing I was thinking last afternoon) I even ended up messing up my CP's because I had no clue what confidence I wanted to give to what game (other than Grand which I knew was my lock of the eon).

Like, it is clear I have given a lot less care to FPG this season until this week. My past performances were poor at best, including my worst performance ever last week due to me forgetting that spoilers still counted for 1CP at all! But last week I said I would actually try this week, and I did, and I succeeded....but I did too well? Huh?

I mean, really. It's been said previously but it's not like Magic # 1st was nailed - it was 6 obvious games that everyone else picked a lot just not in the same specific order. Even Firey himself had similar-ish lineup, except with different 50/50's (Key instead of Bonus, Vendy instead of Grand, Range instead of 1RP). Not that Vendy or Range were particularly due unlike Grand and 1RP but yeah... look at all the other lineups and how similar they were and how well they did too. Like I said before the games were picked by a lot of people, 5 of them were picked by 10 or more and the last was picked by 6 people.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 02:57:02 AM »
Sorry I just wanted to correct an error on my part.

I previously said I had not talked to Kev in over a year now. However, according to my records, the last time I actually personally talked to Kev (not counting random encounters in GR chat during the show) is December, 2012. Almost 3 years.

Despite the meme, Kev & I are not BFFs, and have not talked in almost 3 years. It's actually more of a feud than anything else. Ask anyone who knows either of us to fact check and you'll see that's the truth.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Online thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2015, 03:07:27 AM »
It's not just that, take a look at the picks, there are a whole bunch of people who went 4/6 (myself included) and Pricefan went 5/6 along with Kev. This was a sharty and highly predictable lineup to a whole bunch of the regulars here.

Like you said, Vader, the reasoning behind such a performance were very solid. 1RP was more of my lock of the eon (hence my CP of 6) since I highly doubted it, being one of the more popular two prizers (with Bargain and Switch), was going to skip three weeks. Grand was the option since it was the best casher that fit. Bonus and Key hadn't been on since Week 1, so it was clear that one of them was probably going to show up. And while I wasn't happy that they went with two common car games today, it wasn't that much of a shock to see TTM of all games show up.

You don't even have to look at stats really when it came to Money Game. You knew a car game had to go 2nd, since one hadn't been second all week. You figure with a car 2nd (and the other games due), a casher 3rd would flow better. That meant we were probably going to the doors for a Door game in Game 1. While they certainly could've played TTM after Eazy/1RP 1st, it made more sense to just go to the TT instead of the possible delay of setting up TTM.

This lineup was so simple, it's a shame that it had to turn into this.

This wasn't like a gutsy Triple Play 4th call or Magic Number 1st - it was a normal lineup.
I swear to you, I said this exact same thing to Guint and Jess while talking to them. The exact same way too with the exact games in those exact slots. That's hilarious.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 03:09:37 AM by thepriceis_J »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2015, 12:50:15 PM »
Thank you vader for explaining your reasoning in great detail. There was a time when we worked on FPG together a lot and this is not the first occurrence at all where our reasoning has been similar. We both like to play the odds on slotting. Money Game 2nd was about as much a lock as you can possibly have in this game this week, as you explained. Money rarely ever skips 2 weeks. So if you take that, and know the other car is likely 5th because there's only been one other car 5th so far this week, it really makes it easier to fill in the pieces around that. The reason I went with Bonus 6th instead of 3rd is because, aside from the special season premiere lineup, they really don't like playing back to back turntable games this season. Therefore, Bonus couldn't be 3rd right after Money; it had to be 6th and Grand was likely going to be 3rd as a result because we'd already had cashers 1st and 2nd this week. As you can see, there are a lot of hidden rules that either they definitely have or we like to think they have. Sometimes they really work for me. Occasionally, I get burned by them when they randomly do something different for FPG. But this was simply a case of a lineup full of due games showing (and TTM, but TTM is always due) in the most predictable order possible. And then getting lucky on the results, which are very much luck. That would be another suspicious thing; if someone is picking Triple Play for a win and Bullseye for a loss on the same show and they both happen, well then :) But the car/cash games all being set up for losses is not a new thing.

Now that some "trade secrets" are out, hopefully you'll understand things a bit better. The odds of getting this lucky again are very very long. I'm sure vader and I will submit lineups that are close to each other again at some point, but we've done that before and both been way off when Adam threw in some curveballs. I really hope this is not ruining FPG, which I play for fun just like everyone else, but I analyze in a thoroughly logical and obsessively nerdy way because I analyze everything that way :) Just look at those car game slots...

Offline PriceFan985

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2015, 02:05:34 PM »
Sorry, but this is ridiculous! So what happens if someone else gets all 6 games right from now on- will they be accused of cheating too? I mean, the whole point of this game is to figure out what games are played, what slot, and the result. Someone honestly figures it out and now they're accused of doing "too well"? Horrible! We all know vader and kev are the experts of this game so why is it a shock that one of them got all the games right anyway?