Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 12/28/15  (Read 5564 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 12/28/15
« on: December 28, 2015, 01:28:41 PM »

Episode Clips
Rat Race
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 01:56:06 PM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
Re: TPIR Recap - 12/28/15
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 01:41:05 PM »
Personally, that was not a good IITB setup...and a lot has to do with the baby food. The way that was packaged was done in a way that had everyone thought it was worth more than it should. I mean, it may be worth 88 cents, but it sure didn't looked like it was worth 88 cents. Something like that can throw anyone off-track and that's what led to Laura wiping out on it.

Hell, even the tuna didn't looked like it was worth $3.59.

Aside from that, the lineup was good and all and there were some good wins, despite no one getting a car. And I find a tad unfair that Rachel would talk during the first SC, but left Amber out.

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 01:50:15 PM »
Personally, that was not a good IITB setup...and a lot has to do with the baby food. The way that was packaged was done in a way that had everyone thought it was worth more than it should. I mean, it may be worth 88 cents, but it sure didn't looked like it was worth 88 cents. Something like that can throw anyone off-track and that's what led to Laura wiping out on it.

Hell, even the tuna didn't looked like it was worth $3.59.

For me, at least, I didn't see how the baby food could be anything but $0.88. Nothing else there looked like that price to me, and the can of tuna was 12 oz. (most of them I purchase are only 6 oz., and are less than $1.00, the difference in size could have thrown some people off.)

I did not think the tuna was going to be quite that expensive, but I was sure it wasn't $0.88.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 01:54:05 PM »
Any setup that has some doubt on the 1k item is a bad one. While I still found the baby food at .88 easy, the tuna gets picked some of the time, which is a mistake on the show's part.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 02:34:10 PM »
I'm trying to remember the last time Someone picked the wrong item 1st in IITB and it ended up being the $16,000 Item instead.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 03:26:11 PM »
I'm trying to remember the last time Someone picked the wrong item 1st in IITB and it ended up being the $16,000 Item instead.
It hasn't happened since at least Season 29. However, there have been 3 Bag wipeouts (2/15/02, 4/7/11, 1/24/13) where the item that was picked first would have been the $8,000 item.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 01:46:43 AM »
In all the years I've watched the show, I don't think I've ever seen a contestant shout at the Range Game board before.  That was really weird -- it's not like Drew hadn't shown him the button.

There is no way the show wanted It's in the Bag to be won today.  I can't remember the last time they made it so easy to get the first bag wrong.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 11:50:48 AM »
For me, at least, I didn't see how the baby food could be anything but $0.88. Nothing else there looked like that price to me, and the can of tuna was 12 oz. (most of them I purchase are only 6 oz., and are less than $1.00, the difference in size could have thrown some people off.)

I did not think the tuna was going to be quite that expensive, but I was sure it wasn't $0.88.

I agree. When the contestant chose the tuna for the first bag, I knew (and I mean knew) we would see a wipeout. I know it's often difficult to hear in the studio, but I heard "12 oz", meaning there was no way the tuna was 88 cents.

By the way, htmlcc92, where are you finding your 6 oz cans of tuna these days? I'm only finding 5 oz cans now where I shop. :)

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 12:10:05 PM »
By the way, htmlcc92, where are you finding your 6 oz cans of tuna these days? I'm only finding 5 oz cans now where I shop. :)

I know people in high places and can get them in 5 lb. tubs! Kidding aside, it was a typo on my part, not too hard since 5 and 6 are next to each other on the keyboard!  :biggrin:
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.