Author Topic: ABC Reviving "$100,000 Pyramid"  (Read 4770 times)

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: ABC Reviving "$100,000 Pyramid"
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2016, 09:46:36 PM »
I feel there is a big difference between Pyramid and shows like Millionaire and Family Feud.  In the latter shows, it's plausible that you can find someone entertaining to read from cards, conduct the game, and react to interesting moments.

Pyramid is much different....you really need to be on your toes, understand the rules of the game, and act as a traffic cop of the game.  I like Michael Strahan as a personality, but does he have the chop to go beyond just a host...I hope so.

Dick Clark wasn't a great Pyramid host because of his personality - heck, he was the master of forced laughter and cheeze.  But he really knew the game - when to appeal to the judge, when to suggest the "perfect clue", when to re-direct a player when they mis-read a clue or to "hurry" in the final seconds. There's an art to that.

I also respect the previous posts which speak to the skill of the celebrity partners.  I wonder what sort of a hard-target search they will do to find celebs which respect the game.  If Neil Patrick Harris isn't already signed up to be a partner, then we know they are off-base.  You can't just pluck somebody plugging a movie and sit them in the chair.

Do it right ABC.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 01:13:39 PM »
Well, in that case, make it seven. eight

FTFM; seems we left out Bill Bellamy, the second host of the now-cancelled Let's Ask America.

Offline supersaver87

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 09:28:13 AM »
FTFM; seems we left out Bill Bellamy, the second host of the now-cancelled Let's Ask America.

Let's add one more to the list:

D.L. Hughley, one of the hosts of "Trust Me, I'm a Game Show Host".

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 07:08:54 PM »
Since there are only ten shows, I assume that every night someone could play for $100,000 (possibly a format where it is $25K/$50K for the first trip to the Winner's Circle, and $100K for the second trip.) Cool to see the show returning to ABC for the first time in 36 years after Family Feud returned after a three decade absence to the same network. Just like in daytime back when ABC was "Still the One", this would make a great pairing with Feud.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 08:17:03 PM »
Is it an hour long show a la Feud? That's a long game block in prime time if they air back to back. Or it could be filler on another evening.