Author Topic: 2007 Daytime Emmy Nominations Announced  (Read 3859 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
2007 Daytime Emmy Nominations Announced
« on: March 14, 2007, 01:13:14 PM »
For the first time in four years, there are five nominees (instead of three) for Outstanding Game Show Host.

Ben Bailey ("Cash Cab")
Bob Barker
Pat Sajak
Alex Trebek
Meredith Vieira

Three nominees for Outstanding Game Show once again.  Not surprisingly, they are J!, TPIR, and WWTBAM.

In addition:

--TPIR is nominated for Outstanding Live & Direct-to-Tape Sound Mixing and Outstanding Hairstyling
--J! is nominated for Outstanding Technical Direction/Electronic Camera/Video Control, Outstanding Lighting Direction, and Outstanding Main Title Design

All of the nominees can be found here:  http://www.emmyonline.org/emmy/daytime_34th_noms_b.html

Winners will be announced on June 15 on CBS.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 2007 Daytime Emmy Nominations Announced
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 02:56:27 PM »
Could someone tell me what the hell "cash cab" is.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 03:22:45 PM »
Congrats to TPIR for their nominations!  If Bob wants to go out with a bang, then this is definitely the opportunity to do it!
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 03:52:31 PM »

priceguy wrote:

Cash Cab is a quizzer where people are picked up in a taxi and then are asked questions worth some dough.  Miss a certain amount of questions (I think 3....not sure), and you're kicked out of the cab.

Strange format, but at least it's not a game of definitions. :-D

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 04:11:59 PM »
I never even heard of Cash Cab. Sounds somewhat exciting. I assume its in obscure syndication because i've never seen it on any of the channels up here at any time.

Offline apeminkie

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GRECO
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 04:15:58 PM »

priceguy wrote:

I don't know if asking someone to find information for you should elicit that kind of tone, but I will still kindly point you in the direction of more information on this show on The Discovery Channel...CLICK HERE

As for the winner of this award, I'm willing to bet any large sum of money that Barker will win this year, as this is his last year on Price.

Not that I necessarily agree or disagree with this decision, but it's usually how the voters for these award shows think.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 05:21:14 PM »
Notice also that Sajak is up for the host award solo this time. In the past, he and Vanna have been jointly nominated. Of course, it's far worse in the talk show realm.

BRBTheFireball wrote:
Winners will be announced on June 15 on CBS.

...at 9/8 pm, yet. Amazing how this all falls into place, isn't it?

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 08:18:36 PM »
I believe it's the first time Sajak has been nominated since 2002 or 2003 if I remember correctly.

Sure hope Bob wins another Emmy or two to cap off his amazing carrer.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 10:30:34 PM »
I am kind of thinking they'll give it to him as a sort of "one for the road" deal.

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 06:10:24 PM »
I would like to see Bob win as well, but sometimes the Academy does not go for someone who is going to be nominated there for the last time.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 08:08:40 PM »
I'll be looking forward to this for sure. If Bob and TPIR come out strong, June 15 will be a day to remember.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 09:51:54 PM »
styleguy wrote:
...but sometimes the Academy does not go for someone who is going to be nominated there for the last time.

That's true, but here's something to consider. This may not even be the last time. Here's why, from the Emmy folks themselves...

In order to be eligible, programs must have originally aired between 2AM and 6PM between January 1, 2006 and December 31, 2006.

Which means, if you apply that rule to the current year the powers that be at Price will have about 100 shows in which Barker appears that can be entered into next year's awards if they so wish - and you know they will, if not necessarily for Barker's benefit.

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 05:21:18 PM »
Oh yeah he can enter a nomination in for 2008.  Thanks Joe I didn't even think about that.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 08:49:29 PM »
A little off-topic, but I was just playing a DVD party game about television, and one of the games was to order the facts from fewest to greatest. The number of Emmys Bob has was on there, at 15.  :-)

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 05:51:30 AM »
Whether or not this year or next year turns out to be Bob's final nomination, I do know I'd love to see him leave with one last one for the road...

June 15 could turn out to be one emotional day.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.