Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 01/13/16  (Read 5796 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 01/13/16
« on: January 13, 2016, 01:53:30 PM »

Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
Re: TPIR Recap - 01/13/16
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 01:57:46 PM »
A snake-bitten, skunked (?) show...Doesn't sound good at all. And I already knew there was gonna be one when L7 was gonna be in play. The setup was downright redundant as well.

Offline Eddie

• Walking the Golden Road
    • #4234K: The very first show I attended
Re: TPIR Recap - 01/13/16 (skunked show)
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 02:01:09 PM »
This was probably a skunker.  Only partial win was the small prizes in 1/2 off.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 02:04:15 PM by Eddie »
Shows I Attended:
#4234K, #4235K, #8453K,
#0342L, #0314L, #0315L, #0321L, #0322L,
#0511L, #0513L & #0515L

Offline REDHEADVICKI

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 02:36:43 PM »
 :P Hello all. 
With a day like this, I knew that Lucky 7 would show it's ugly face again at the end.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 03:39:00 PM »
No cars, no wins, no real partial wins (I knew the buzzer was coming as she picked the salad spinner), no cash awarded, and a showcase only won due to an insanely high bid on the first one, and the showcase itself isn't that great with the mini-Boat of Doom. Given that the showcase mentioned that "it's winter", it's pretty safe to say that this is another "not for rerun" episode. I'll bet the audience for the taping following mine wasn't nearly as happy at the end despite the showcase win. Of course, we another typical *ucky $even setup (why can't this be played for Cadillacs and Lexuses as the rate its won?), designer crap taking another victim, and some foolish contestants whre Angelica thinking the refrigerator is a french door and the TV just regular HD and Julie violating the $5,000 rule until its nearly too late. At least it wasn't as cheap as Monday's budget, but the contestants weren't as memorable as earlier in the week even.

Show Grade: D
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 04:40:49 PM »
Another harsh setup in Lucky $even. Too bad for the contestant. However, when she asked "And I get to keep the dollar?" I could just imagine Bob saying something like "No, you do not! In fact, you owe me money!" :)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 08:27:35 PM »
Somebody has to say it:  Jog 'n Tramps! :-D
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 09:45:10 PM »
Well, we just had to get one of these kind of days sometime soon...

I did like the theme for Cover Up today, with the various iterations of the TPIR logo from the past decades. That probably would've been a better fit for Decades Week, but that's just my opinion.

I was glad Danger Price finally showed up again after a four-week hiatus, but not so impressed it was lost. I thought the computer might've been the danger price, but nope...the designer stuff struck again.

Also, I remember Torgo mentioning in Chat before the showcases that the running total for today's winnings was at $8,8-- something. When was the last time a show's total winnings, excluding showcases, ran that low?
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 10:22:39 PM »
Also, I remember Torgo mentioning in Chat before the showcases that the running total for today's winnings was at $8,8-- something. When was the last time a show's total winnings, excluding showcases, ran that low?
Excluding the showcases, the February 17, 2015 show (the skunked show during #UDecide Week) only had $7,647 in winnings. There were also two other shows last season with sub-$8k totals excluding showcases. (10/21/14 and 5/19/15, both of which were also skunked)

And yeah, I knew it wouldn't be long before we got a skunked show, considering some of the budget mode shows we've been getting lately. Hell, I'm surprised it took us this long into the season to get even a winless show, considering that by this point in the season, there's usually at least 2 skunked/winless shows. As Buster said, I pretty much knew we were in for a skunk as soon as I saw the Corolla being driven on stage for L7.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 12:33:14 AM »
I'm going to have to say this - the official bible states SPs do not count to a partial win. Therefore, we were skunked.

No room for debate on this.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 08:33:44 PM »
The official bible doesn't care whether a show is designated "perfect," "winless," or anything in between. There are no parameters.

When I was there, I was the unofficial TPIR historian/statistician, and I got to decide what constituted a game being "won" or "lost." Based on history, I personally agree that small prizes don't count toward partial wins, so I would have declared this a winless episode. I don't know whether they still consider that to be the case. Or even whether it's something they're concerned with -- after all, it's unlikely that they'd want to announce, "Hey, we just had a winless show today!"

In other words, there very much is room for debate on this. I think Torgo knows he's in the minority opinion, but it is subjective.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 08:35:38 PM »
There's a difference between winless and skunked. This episode was both winless and skunked.

I agree though that the staff probably does not care much. Any Time "partial" is twisted as a win, hell, they try to pass $2500+ in Punch as a win.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline pricemodel1997

• In the Audience
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 09:57:25 PM »
Pass the skunk repellent please, this was just awful. No wins,no fun.

Offline PIRfanSince72

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 07:49:02 AM »
God as my witness, when Lucky Seven was played, my first guess was 9, next was 2, next was 9!

Had that been me playing, I would have won and I would have had these boards to thank, for pointing out how impossible these set-ups have been lately!