Author Topic: Question on Showcases - I don't recall this being asked  (Read 1998 times)

Offline westcanpirfan

• In the Audience
Question on Showcases - I don't recall this being asked
« on: March 18, 2007, 02:46:47 AM »
***please do not boot me/ban me...etc..like that guy who asked all those wierd questions a few weeks back.

Having just been to two tapings in early Jan, reflecting on it, I thought of a question I would have loved to ask, but I'll put it here in two parts:

1) what is the rule if there is a tie in the showcase? That is (and I realize astronomical odds of this happening)suppose (example):

runner up               top winner

Bids    20000           bids 37379
Actual  20499           actual 37878
Diff     499     Diff     499

- throws a glitch to the rule of ..."one of you who bids closest without going over will win...." (they both bid closest)
- take it a step further and assume they are both "250 or less away...tied say at "a difference of $249 for both bidders"
- what happens?

2) has anything like this happened?

Thanks for any input.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: Question on Showcases - I don't recall this being asked
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 04:42:24 AM »
I do believe there is an answer to this somewhere in the FAQ, but I shall attempt to explain this logically to the best of my ability.  Should there be a TIE in the Showcases, I believe that both players win their respective Showcases; if both players are TIED and $250 under the ARPs of their respective Showcases, both of them would win there Showcases.  

As far as ties go, there has never been a tie in a Showcase round.

westcanpirfan wrote:

***please do not boot me/ban me...etc..like that guy who asked all those wierd questions a few weeks back.

I remember THAT guy; he was known as DuffnationUSA.  Don't worry about gettin' banned; just don't create too many crazy/wierd threads and you'll do just fine.  

(Ain't that right?)  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline gamefro

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 04:44:46 AM »
The answers to both of your questions are contained on the FAQ General Questions page.

I don't think we need to boot you (at least your question is reasonable)... Next time, take a minute to, search through some of the resources here on Golden-Road.net.  Many of our members use their vast knowledge and/or connections to the show to help provide all of us with answers to these and many more questions.  SteveGavazzi has been diligently maintaining the FAQ and updating it, especially with the exciting new information (about show lineups, pricing game statistics, game debuts, etc.) that has recently become available.
Gamefro: "Retired" host of TPiR at the University of Nevada, Reno (spring 2003 - spring 2008).

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 04:54:48 AM »
If there's a tie, both contestants win their showcase.  But if there is a tie in double showcase win range, then both contestants win both showcases.

Quite honestly, either one would make a regular ol' double showcase win look downright bland by comparison.  And the first doesn't even hurt the budget any more than a regular ol' double showcase win!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 01:16:58 PM »
And contrary to a post earlier in this thread, there has been a tie in the Showcase a single time, back during the half-hour days.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.