Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 04/01/2016 (April Fool's Day Special)  (Read 19864 times)

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Re: TPIR Recap - 04/01/2016 (April Fool's Day Special)
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2016, 11:01:09 PM »
That's a very smart wording in the official rules: "To participate in the quiz, viewers will write down all of the things which they see in the Episode which are different from a normal episode of the Show."
Is Drew saying "Thanks for spending your hour with us." (or something like that) different from the norm? It feels like it.

George announced the trip to Costa Rica as including a flight to San Jose - but pronounced "San Jose" as if it was the city in California (SANN hoe-ZAY), not the correct pronunciation for the Costa Rican capital (SAHN hoe-SAY).
"That was totally an intentional mistake and not our announcer not knowing how to properly say words! Really!"
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2016, 11:59:48 PM »
Is Drew saying "Thanks for spending your hour with us." (or something like that) different from the norm? It feels like it.

At the end of the show? He's been saying that pretty consistently since at least last year sometime.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2016, 12:51:53 AM »
Ah.

Shows you how much first-run Price I have seen in recent years (namely, very little). :lol:
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2016, 03:04:29 AM »
I really wish I could comment on the mistakes in this episode (but I won't, because that would be unfair in light of the contest), because there were some really clever little things they did.  It was totally worth the two hours it took me to log all of them as I watched for eventual inclusion in the timeline. :)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Always ready for that prize reveal...
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2016, 03:30:33 AM »
George knows how to pronounce everything.

Posted from my chaise longue in Dominica.
Ditto, except I'm doing it on behalf of Nanaimo, BC...and I'm not even in a chair right now.

(He has pronounced the "ai" in Nanaimo wrong.)
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2016, 12:32:03 PM »
That's a very smart wording in the official rules: "To participate in the quiz, viewers will write down all of the things which they see in the Episode which are different from a normal episode of the Show." While I was watching, I was making my own list of nitpicky, sarcastic mistakes that I knew wouldn't be on the official contest list ("The dollar signs behind the 18 and 63 in Money Game were upside-down"; "One of the light bulbs surrounding the Big Wheel was out"), but most everything I noted could be seen in a normal episode of the show.

Still, there were a couple of things I spotted where I genuinely didn't know whether they were official contest "mistakes" or not. There doesn't appear to be any penalty for wrong guesses, so I guess if I was eligible to enter the contest, it wouldn't hurt to include them.

On the other hand, there were at least two really subtle things I caught that I know won't be on the official list, but if I was playing this game for real, I'd be mad if I lost because even though I noticed those things, I didn't notice some other tiny thing.

I always love the "collection of small out-of-place things peppered throughout the episode" April Fools theme, and I chuckled a number of times at the gags in this episode. I'm just uneasy with the idea of making it a contest.

(I'm guessing that "The most intuitive answer was actually correct in Money Game" isn't on the official list of things which are different from a normal episode of the show.)

It might be interesting to send them your list (with, of course a note that you aren't eligible for the contest), just to see what they think about it, or to see if they did things they didn't even realize they did.

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2016, 04:18:51 PM »
Ever watch The Drew Carey Show?  Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll air this episode again as a repeat with "pop-ups" pointing out the errors.

Directly from the rules on PriceisRight.com - "A video containing the correct answers will be posted to www.cbs.com/shows/the_price_is_right/ on or about April 8, 2016"

Not likely to be re-aired with the answers pointed out, but there will be an "answer key" video to check!
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2016, 09:22:58 PM »
Here's what happened on 4/1: I watched a TPIR intently from start to finish, and it was a lot of fun!

If only we could find a way to make this happen gimmick-free.  Truly, this was a great idea...remember that this is a great show with a fun premise, keep it rolling.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2016, 10:58:25 PM »
Without giving away any specific details, I personally counted about 41 mistakes. Some of them were very subtle and may likely be missed by even the most loyal of friends and true! I'll have to watch it again to see what else I pick up on, because there were at least a few instances where there were multiple gags within moments of each other, and I'm sure I missed something.

Like sideshow, that's probably the most attention I've ever paid to little details during the show for the entire hour. Even with the April Fools' Day gimmick attached, this one was a lot of fun to watch. Huge props to the show for putting this one together and not making all of the changes painfully obvious -- I wouldn't doubt that when they unveil all of the gags next week, no one will have every single one of them on their list!
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2016, 11:29:28 PM »
Without giving away any specific details, I personally counted about 41 mistakes. Some of them were very subtle and may likely be missed by even the most loyal of friends and true! I'll have to watch it again to see what else I pick up on, because there were at least a few instances where there were multiple gags within moments of each other, and I'm sure I missed something.

Like sideshow, that's probably the most attention I've ever paid to little details during the show for the entire hour. Even with the April Fools' Day gimmick attached, this one was a lot of fun to watch. Huge props to the show for putting this one together and not making all of the changes painfully obvious -- I wouldn't doubt that when they unveil all of the gags next week, no one will have every single one of them on their list!
I counted exactly 50 (although I'm not participating in the contest). I'm surprised just how subtle they decided to get with some of the gags - it's really obvious that they want an LFAT to win the contest.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline PIRfanSince72

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2016, 01:04:07 PM »
It was humorous to me when Drew said about the contestant selecting 16 in Money Game after she already picked the first 2 numbers in the price of the vehicle, that her picking 16 was NOT a mistake!

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2016, 01:29:43 PM »
Remember, "If you find more things that anyone else, you could win!" was not in the episode and does not count as a correct answer.

So when they notify the winner, I expect that whichever member of this site it is lets us know so we can congratulate you.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline TPIRighteous

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2016, 11:00:58 AM »
Time permitting, I might take a crack at this myself. However, I'm wondering about something else: Is this the first time in the history of the show that the announcer has been on camera when he says "Here it comes"?

Offline coverup

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2016, 10:58:41 PM »
i found around 50 myself but then again not sure if they all were "mistakes" will be fun to see the answers though.

Offline bonkers77

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2016, 02:59:30 PM »
where I can found a complete list of mistakes?! Thanks!