Author Topic: FPG 4/15/16 - RESULTS  (Read 1868 times)

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
FPG 4/15/16 - RESULTS
« on: April 15, 2016, 09:56:41 PM »
So... remember this?

Well... it done happened again. EVERYONE gets a Top 10 finish this week, because only eight players were able to even score!

Why is that, you may ask? Let's break it all down, in full gory detail:

Dice Game - SANDBAG to lead off the day.
1 Right Price - JustBecause and Flerbert take 25K each.
Time I$ Money - SuperSweeper solos for fifty grand.
Swap Meet - The only non-key game of the day... and barely so, with five picks.
Coming or Going - JustBecause and JJ take 25K each.
10 Chances - Kev solos for fifty grand.

So that's a grand total of 11 correct picks between everyone, making it no surprise that only eight folks got off the bagel bus. But who made the best of the bad lot?

As it happens, Roadgeek Adam and SuperSweeper each nail a game perfectly (Swap for Adam, Time for Sweeper) for 4/24 and a tie for third. JustBecause does the best pickwise with three right games, but his 6/16 is only enough to be the runner-up. Instead, JJ nails both Swap and CoG to take this week's win with 8/32.

Here is the full table of results... or the lack thereof for most of us:

Next game is next week, Friday as usual. Less usual, however, is that it will be a Play-Along game, our fifth of the season. See you all then.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• Recap Guide
  • I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Re: FPG 4/15/16 - RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 10:04:10 PM »
Second medal for me ever, and the second time I've done it on an all Top 10 day.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Always ready for that prize reveal...
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 11:55:24 PM »
Darn. I was hoping SuperSweeper would get the gold after that recent FPG post on the submissions page.

And I had just opened an extra bank account today. Can any of you 9th placers spare me a couple of bucks? :oldlol:
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 01:06:19 AM »
Well, I'll take my first gold of the season anyway I can get it.

Lucky all the way around. Lucky Swap Meet showed up here and not on the skipped show. Lucky to have slotted it and Coming or Going correctly.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 03:40:54 PM »
I can't count - I actually had FOUR games all to myself...but only one showed up.   :oldlol:

I shouldn't complain, though - especially considering how I've done the rest of the season.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 09:20:37 PM »
What can I say - insane lineup. Swap Meet and 10 Chances were the only due games here. And I didn't think Money Game could skip 2 weeks...but it did.

I can't count - I actually had FOUR games all to myself...but only one showed up.   :oldlol:

I shouldn't complain, though - especially considering how I've done the rest of the season.
I'm still amazed that you managed to predict Time is Money (with a 6 no less), considering it was just played last week.

Lucky Swap Meet showed up here and not on the skipped show.
I wouldn't count Swap Meet out yet for that show.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 09:24:51 PM by TPIRFan2000 »
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.