Author Topic: A 30-second CBS spot  (Read 2546 times)

Offline The Big Wheel

• Double Showcase Winner
A 30-second CBS spot
« on: March 20, 2007, 11:23:02 AM »
This topic has no doubt been discussed before but I can't seem to find it using our handy-dandy search feature to find topics from back during the holiday season.

Last Christmas, CBS ran several spots featuring the cast of many shows wishing viewers, "Happy Holidays from CBS!".  I have always enjoyed these and look forward to them every year.

The spot in question has had a home on YouTube for quite some time and I happened upon it just the other day.  It is without question my favorite holiday-themed spot CBS has ever ran.

In the spot, Rudolph speaks to several CBS stars of which, in order, are the cast of "Two and a half Men", two anchors from CBS Sports (complete with mics and mic flags), the cast of "The King of Queens", the cast of "CSI:" and finally a guy whom I haven't figured out.

Then we see Jeff Probst who proclaims, "This tribe has spoken. Let's go spread some holiday cheer".  Then outside, we see everyone mentioned (including Bob Barker walking away from a spinning big wheel) piling onto Santa's sleigh and saying "Happy Holidays from CBS".

Who is the last guy after the "CSI:" cast at whom Rudolph shines his bright red nose?
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!

Offline logikreader

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: A 30-second CBS spot
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 11:33:01 AM »
That's gotta be Letterman

Offline The Big Wheel

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 11:37:59 AM »
But it doesn't really sound like him.  That is what's so confusing.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!

Offline priceisrightforever

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 12:13:59 PM »
Without a doubt, it's Letterman. "Hello dogggie"

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 02:10:33 PM »

The Big Wheel wrote:
But it doesn't really sound like him.

That's the exaggerated voice Letterman usually affects when "speaking" to animals on his show.

Offline The Big Wheel

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 02:27:09 PM »

Axl wrote:

That's the exaggerated voice Letterman usually affects when "speaking" to animals on his show.

I'll admit I haven't watched Letterman enough to know that.  I appreciate all the responses; and, if you enjoyed the clip as much as I do, well then your welcome. :-)