Author Topic: TPIR Primetime Pictures (Spoliers)  (Read 7240 times)

Offline OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
TPIR Primetime Pictures (Spoliers)
« on: April 25, 2016, 06:12:41 PM »
So, there was a big photo gallery posted to Parade this morning about the Primetime Specials.

If you want to know more about these shows look below, but be warned. There are quite a few items spoiled including a few games played between the specials and who plays what. Enjoy:

http://parade.com/472671/joshwigler/survivor-big-brother-amazing-race-the-price-is-right-photos/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:44:16 PM by PayingTheRent »

Offline WhammyPower788

• I'm on a horse.
    • Game Show Videos
Re: TPIR Primetime Pictures
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 06:16:45 PM »
Here's what I find interesting:

In the picture set, one game in each show is spoiled to be changed over to the orange & blue scheme.

Could this be a permanent change?
Visit GameShowVideos.com for lots of game show clips!

Offline nbuckler14

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 06:50:00 PM »
Kinda strange to see what they did to Contestant's Row for the The Amazing Race special, (photo #48) .
This is Nick Buckler speaking for The Price is Right, a MARK GOODSON TELEVISION PRODUCTION!!!!  (catches breath)  Stay tuned for The Old and the Reckless on most of these CBS stations!

Offline namnhu12

• 12/19/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 06:52:18 PM »
nbuckler14:

The Amazing Race consists of teams of 2.  You add the teams with the contestant and you need a wider contestant's row.  By the way, I am in the 6th row about the middle right.  I am wearing a red Georgia shirt. 
I got to live my lifelong dream on December 19, 2023.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 08:36:53 PM »
The game spoiled for the Big Brother special, in its 'new'(?) color scheme, actually looks pretty good that way.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 08:39:48 PM »
Can a moderator please add (Spoilers) to the title? Because I'd rather like to talk about one of the changes made to one of the games that goes beyond a set change.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 08:44:29 PM »
Can a moderator please add (Spoilers) to the title? Because I'd rather like to talk about one of the changes made to one of the games that goes beyond a set change.

Done.

Unless someone else says otherwise, I advise that we keep all spoiler-related discussion directed solely toward the set and away from the pricing games/prizes depicted in the images (with the exception of games that received cosmetic changes). Thanks.

Post edited to reflect the fact that multiple games received new paint jobs, something I didn't initially catch when viewing the photos
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:58:58 AM by PayingTheRent »
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: TPIR Primetime Pictures (Spoliers)
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 10:27:27 PM »
Is it wise to change a couple PGs' sets just for one playing? I say no, but it isn't my money.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 11:34:18 PM »
Interesting that one of the "mistakes" on the AFD episode recurs on one of the images in this article.

Offline supersaver87

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 12:15:47 AM »
Keeping it as spoiler free as I can...not a big fan of what I see in pic 7, but pic 33 looks pretty good!

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 01:16:45 AM »
I just wanted to talk about Punch-A-Bunch for a second.

Here is the distribution:
- 1 $25,000
- 4 $10,000
- 15 $5,000
- 15 $2,500
- 10 $1,000
- 5 $500

You mean to tell me you can have four (!) $10,000 slips in there, but you can't at least have two $25,000 slips? It'd justified if you bumped up the top prize, but to just throw in more money elsewhere and have the same daytime top prize remain just as hard to win is disappointing.

Just wanted to talk about that. Continue not discussing other spoiled ones even though I think the set changes made to some of the spoiled games look fantastic and while I'll highly doubt they're permanent, I wouldn't mind seeing some of them, if not all of them stick around in the future. If they do all stick around, this would probably count as one of the most monumental set of changes to occur at once since Roger left.

Also, I wonder now if the extended Contestant's Row will now become standard on future couples/families shows. Definitely think it should. The asterisks in between the displays look nice.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 01:52:10 AM »
Also, I wonder now if the extended Contestant's Row will now become standard on future couples/families shows. Definitely think it should. The asterisks in between the displays look nice.

I really hope not. That looks hideous, especially since it doesn't properly fit on the floor, and is jutting out way into the stairs.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 01:56:48 AM by therealcu2010 »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 07:21:34 AM »
I really hope not. That looks hideous, especially since it doesn't properly fit on the floor, and is jutting out way into the stairs.

This. Plus, the other two episodes where only two people occupy a one bid spot utilize the normal Contestant's Row. Unless we have a special where three or more people need to occupy a one bid spot, this may be the only time we ever see the extended Row, which seems like an incredible waste of money -- but hey, primetime budget!
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 07:58:14 AM »
I really like Push Over's new color palette. I don't mind Punch a Bunch's new color scheme, but I preferred the old one. It's in the Bag's seems so minute that I wonder why they changed it.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline supersaver87

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2016, 09:47:18 AM »
I really like Push Over's new color palette. I don't mind Punch a Bunch's new color scheme, but I preferred the old one.

100% agreed. Punch-A-Bunch's logo looks a lot less festive now.

It's in the Bag's seems so minute that I wonder why they changed it.

In fairness, we don't see the entire IITB prop in that pic.

It's interesting that the new color schemes use a lot of the same colors...like there was a big sale on blue, orange, and yellow paint.